FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Rude FF gets his due... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1092050-rude-ff-gets-his-due.html)

Crazyhotelguy Jun 3, 2010 6:55 pm

Great story. I love karma....

itsaboutthejourney Jun 3, 2010 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by JSFox (Post 14072521)
Strictly by the rules this may have been shenanigans, but this is shenanigans I can handle. People who truly have important calls/conversations don't act like this (or even talk loud in cafe's or other public places) so this was not really that important of a call. :-)

Exactly. Or they would be in paid F or a private jet already.

Poopdeck90210 Jun 3, 2010 11:38 pm

What A Story!!!

Originally Posted by RCarverJr (Post 14070587)
Sitting in 1B on a long haul yesterday (that unbeknownst to me at the time was going to become 2 hours longer due to weather) and overhead a FA conversation that gave me a good chuckle.

When the boarding door closed, one seat in FC was open. The FA looked at the upgrade list and sought out the #1 waitlisted Medallion member seated back in 23F to let him know he could move to first class. She approached him just as the 'turn off your cell phones' message was completed. He happened to be on his cell phone, when she spoke up to offer him the seat all she got out was "Sir...". He went ballistic, yelling at her that he was on an important call, he'd get off the damn phone when he was done, and to get off his back.

She proceeded to tell #2 on the list the FC seat was open for him to take.

:D

Great Antecdote! There IS justice in the world. You may find this post amusing (I'm rather proud of it)...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...-her-head.html

-A

pragakhan Jun 3, 2010 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (Post 14070625)
Well that sucks for him, tht FA was letting him knw he can move from his coach seat, to a FC seat, but he lost his chance, so therefore number 2 got his chance.

So #1 was first on the list, but when the FA tried to let him know, he was rude and lost his chance so #2 who was second on the list got the upgrade to first class?

eltonang Jun 3, 2010 11:55 pm

generaltao Jun 4, 2010 12:29 am

Originally Posted by pragakhan (Post 14073876)
So #1 was first on the list, but when the FA tried to let him know, he was rude and lost his chance so #2 who was second on the list got the upgrade to first class?

yes. #1 was talking on the phone and thought the FA was going to scold him, so when he was rude, the FA upgraded #2 instead.

in other words, #2 got upgraded instead of #1 because even though #1 was about to be notified of his upgrade, his rudeness caused the FA to skip him, and since #2 is right after #1, #2 got the upgrade.

Also, I like turtles.

Moebius01 Jun 4, 2010 7:09 am

It's the little things that make life fun from time to time. It's like watching some jerk stuck in traffic behind you decide he's better than everyone else and just drive on the shoulder to his exit, then watching the cop sitting in front of you pull in right behind him. :D

pragakhan Jun 4, 2010 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by generaltao (Post 14073955)
yes. #1 was talking on the phone and thought the FA was going to scold him, so when he was rude, the FA upgraded #2 instead.

in other words, #2 got upgraded instead of #1 because even though #1 was about to be notified of his upgrade, his rudeness caused the FA to skip him, and since #2 is right after #1, #2 got the upgrade.

Also, I like turtles.

*snicker*

FetePerfection Jun 4, 2010 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by MarqFlyer (Post 14071127)
Either that, or if the PAX is reading this on FT today....:cool:

^^^

Watchful Jun 4, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm having a laugh imagining Mr. Rude FF reading this thread! :D

Frozentech Jun 5, 2010 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Watchful (Post 14079543)
I'm having a laugh imagining Mr. Rude FF reading this thread! :D

Could probably find his post by searching for the most recent "shenanigans!" thread ?:p Poor fellow was in the middle of an important call to SMS to complain about his lack of upgrade, I am figuring.

anat0l Jun 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Frozentech (Post 14081417)
Could probably find his post by searching for the most recent "shenanigans!" thread ?

Hmmmm....yes I like to read those once in a while. Can never find them, though! They are never labelled well and well sprinkled about the various forums...

jmichaeljordan Jun 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Would you??

Would you tell on another pax that is on the phone or listening to ipod,ipad,mp3 or kindle when they are told to turn them off?

I have been in First Class several times and wondered if I should notify the FA?:confused:

anat0l Jun 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by jmichaeljordan (Post 14180156)
Would you tell on another pax that is on the phone or listening to ipod,ipad,mp3 or kindle when they are told to turn them off?

I have, but only once.

We were in the landing process (seat belts are on, cabin has been prepared) when some lady decides to take out her iPhone and switch it on. I hope she was joking but she continued to use it without reserve. So I told her to turn it off as we were landing. She insisted that she was just reading an e-book it was in Flight Mode, but I reminded her that all electronic devices need to be switched off for landing. She duly then turned off and put it away.

FAs couldn't do much - they were strapped in for landing and couldn't see what was going on.

DLNYC Jun 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (Post 14070625)
Well that sucks for him, tht FA was letting him knw he can move from his coach seat, to a FC seat, but he lost his chance, so therefore number 2 got his chance.

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 14070903)
Really?

Originally Posted by pragakhan (Post 14073876)

Thanks for getting me all riled up before bed. I CANNOT stop laughing.

But seriously, I don't get it. The FA tried to let a passenger know he could upgrade to FC, but he was rude, so she upgraded the person right after him on the list? Is that what happened? Someone please clarify.