FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Rude FF gets his due... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1092050-rude-ff-gets-his-due.html)

goodandclassy Jun 23, 2010 12:02 am

Originally Posted by jmichaeljordan (Post 14180156)
Would you tell on another pax that is on the phone or listening to ipod,ipad,mp3 or kindle when they are told to turn them off?

I have been in First Class several times and wondered if I should notify the FA?:confused:

i've stared. stared at them until they turn it off. as soon as the convo is over, i'd look away :)

it's one thing to have a quick call, like, hey i made the flight/arriving late/whatever - different to be shooting the s* with someone after the third no cell phones announcement is made :)

a4or3s Jun 23, 2010 6:38 am

Originally Posted by DLNYC (Post 14180194)
The FA tried to let a passenger know he could upgrade to FC, but he was rude, so she upgraded the person right after him on the list?

Yup. Karma. Love it!

AJDelvarno Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Originally Posted by DLNYC (Post 14180194)
But seriously, I don't get it. The FA tried to let a passenger know he could upgrade to FC, but he was rude, so she upgraded the person right after him on the list? Is that what happened? Someone please clarify.

I think it happened like this…but I’m not sure: FA tries to get the attention of the guy who is #1 on the upgrade list, but gets barked at by the guy. Soooooooooo, FA skips him and gives the upgrade to the #2 guy on the list… But I could be wrong. Wish there was an explanation of what happened here in this thread somewhere...

Evan! Jun 23, 2010 8:37 am

Originally Posted by AJDelvarno (Post 14181828)
I think it happened like this…but I’m not sure: FA tries to get the attention of the guy who is #1 on the upgrade list, but gets barked at by the guy. Soooooooooo, FA skips him and gives the upgrade to the #2 guy on the list… But I could be wrong. Wish there was an explanation of what happened here in this thread somewhere...

I don't understand all this confusion. Did post #1 change? Was it previously vague and confusing? I look at it and the story appears to be complete, concise, with no confusion whatsoever. Why are there people re-hashing the circumstances asking for clarification?

If post #1 did change I would love to see the original post.

DLNYC Jun 23, 2010 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Evan! (Post 14181973)
I don't understand all this confusion. Did post #1 change? Was it previously vague and confusing? I look at it and the story appears to be complete, concise, with no confusion whatsoever. Why are there people re-hashing the circumstances asking for clarification?

Post 1 was incredibly confusing, hence the need for post 2 and the others.

Moebius01 Jun 23, 2010 8:44 am

The thread died for a while, got bumped, and new people saw it for the first time.... and the in the great world known as the innerwebs, that means life (aka the thread) begins anew.

Besides, I had forgotten about this and it made for a nice smile to be reminded of it this morning. :D

pragakhan Jun 23, 2010 9:32 pm

No, everything is the way it was is. Post two kind of helped explain it, but a lot of us where still :confused:

I am still a bit lost on the subject, I printed both post 1 and 2 out and asked an FA if we could recreate this scenario so I could get a grasp on it, she said she had to talk to the captain and came out and just shrugged, she couldn't comprehend what happened either.

The captain tried to bring out a white board so we could draw it out, but it still didn't make sense and we ended up drawing a picture of a cat...

Chickens...

BDG8R Jun 23, 2010 9:35 pm

People need to get off some high horses here, in particular, turning off electronics. Sure it's a rule, so is speed limit. Are you all equally worked up when I zoom 5MPH+ (or most times 10MPH+) past you on the right lane (cause you are hogging the left, following the rule)? There is a much higher likelihood of danger going over speed limit than keeping my cell phone on after boarding door has closed (as an ex-EE I know how far apart the frequency bands are for cellphone vs. air traffic communication/navigation and have done it in about 150 flights in last one year, no DL crashes yet). When was the last time a plane actually had an accident from electronics? It's really not that big of a deal.

Same goes with phone conversations (reminds me off the clip from She Is Out of My League). You really don't know what's going on in the other end. It might actually be that he is a big deal (or the guy on the other side), or its something important. For example, the current partner I work under. His calendar is solid booked 7AM-8/9PM most days. If he calls, and the door is closing, I'll sure take the call. Similarly if client calls him cause things are hitting the fan, I am sure he will pick up as well. If we are taking 2-5 flights a week, which we do, it's very likely to happen. There are actually things that can't wait 2-3 hours, especially when a vague rule is in place.

Then I have seen another partner also calling home to check on his kids right before the door closes for the last flight of the day. He hadn't seen them in 4 days and won't see that night.

I'd actually sympathize with the guy who lost his F seat, no one knows what kind of situation he was in. I am pretty sure losing a F seat in one flight is not going to break his heart, assuming he flies enough.

anat0l Jun 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by BDG8R (Post 14186012)
People need to get off some high horses here, in particular, turning off electronics. Sure it's a rule, so is speed limit. Are you all equally worked up when I zoom 5MPH+ (or most times 10MPH+) past you on the right lane (cause you are hogging the left, following the rule)? There is a much higher likelihood of danger going over speed limit than keeping my cell phone on after boarding door has closed (as an ex-EE I know how far apart the frequency bands are for cellphone vs. air traffic communication/navigation and have done it in about 150 flights in last one year, no DL crashes yet). When was the last time a plane actually had an accident from electronics? It's really not that big of a deal.

Same goes with phone conversations (reminds me off the clip from She Is Out of My League). You really don't know what's going on in the other end. It might actually be that he is a big deal (or the guy on the other side), or its something important. For example, the current partner I work under. His calendar is solid booked 7AM-8/9PM most days. If he calls, and the door is closing, I'll sure take the call. Similarly if client calls him cause things are hitting the fan, I am sure he will pick up as well. If we are taking 2-5 flights a week, which we do, it's very likely to happen. There are actually things that can't wait 2-3 hours, especially when a vague rule is in place.

Then I have seen another partner also calling home to check on his kids right before the door closes for the last flight of the day. He hadn't seen them in 4 days and won't see that night.

I'd actually sympathize with the guy who lost his F seat, no one knows what kind of situation he was in. I am pretty sure losing a F seat in one flight is not going to break his heart, assuming he flies enough.

I guess you're always prepared for the risk of being offloaded, then?

yngdiego Jun 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by BDG8R (Post 14186012)
People need to get off some high horses here, in particular, turning off electronics. Sure it's a rule, so is speed limit.

Rules are there for a reason. Why is it that people feel they are ABOVE the rules? Are they in charge of the FAA? I think not. If you want to fly, abide by the rules. If you don't like the rules then either 1) don't fly or 2) Get a position of authority within the FAA to get the rules changed.

How come you are so special that you can talk on the phone?

BDG8R Jun 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by yngdiego (Post 14186042)
Rules are there for a reason. Why is it that people feel they are ABOVE the rules? Are they in charge of the FAA? I think not. If you want to fly, abide by the rules. If you don't like the rules then either 1) don't fly or 2) Get a position of authority within the FAA to get the rules changed.

Do you drive BELOW speed limit?

jmichaeljordan Jun 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by yngdiego (Post 14186042)

Good point!

If you speed- get caught- fined- and could lose your driver license.

Not worth it to get off loaded in my opinion.

You could always use WI-FI and email or text if communication is so important during the flight. Wonder if Skype would work…..?

dd93003 Jun 23, 2010 10:18 pm

I understand getting peeved about someone talking on the phone but why on earth would someone care if I was listening to my ipod?

I get a bit gassy when I fly. If someone sitting next to me were to make a big deal about me listening to my ipod I would do my best to make it the longest flight possible for them.

DLNYC Jun 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by pragakhan (Post 14186003)
No, everything is the way it was is. Post two kind of helped explain it, but a lot of us where still :confused:

I am still a bit lost on the subject, I printed both post 1 and 2 out and asked an FA if we could recreate this scenario so I could get a grasp on it, she said she had to talk to the captain and came out and just shrugged, she couldn't comprehend what happened either.

The captain tried to bring out a white board so we could draw it out, but it still didn't make sense and we ended up drawing a picture of a cat...

Chickens...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is still utterly lost. I even emailed my friends a link to the thread and nobody can figure out exactly what happened. I mean, was it definitely that the guy who was number one was rude, so the flight attendant moved onto number 2, who happened to not be rude? Does that make any sense? I've read some technical FT threads before, but this one's a doozie.

justforfun Jun 23, 2010 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by DLNYC (Post 14186163)
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is still utterly lost. I even emailed my friends a link to the thread and nobody can figure out exactly what happened. I mean, was it definitely that the guy who was number one was rude, so the flight attendant moved onto number 2, who happened to not be rude? Does that make any sense? I've read some technical FT threads before, but this one's a doozie.

I would try reading the post again when you're sober. It's very clear.

;)