Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5k, sorry but ifyou think UA's new seat is one of the best in the sky, you do not fly too many airlines...............regarding DL's roll-out, once they announced "the plan" their rollout has been at ligght speed compared to any European carrier.
Old May 20, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by hfly
5k, sorry but ifyou think UA's new seat is one of the best in the sky, you do not fly too many airlines...............regarding DL's roll-out, once they announced "the plan" their rollout has been at ligght speed compared to any European carrier.
Which C seat do you think is better?

2014 is Lightspeed?
Old May 20, 2010, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Again proving that your prism is extremely US centric..........Hmm, lets see, It took BA SEVEN YEARS to roll out NCW across their widebody fleet. It took AF almost seven years and it took LH a solid 78 months, all of these fleets are smaller than Delta's. Last time around it took Delta less than 20 months on a smaller fleet. We are talking about a widebody fleet of give or take 145 widebody aircraft (I am not even including the 75's taht are configured with BE), and other than a few 777's delivered with the new config's they all have to be redone, and when they are redone it is not just swapping out the etas, but generally a lot more happens in the cabins as well. So yes in a 4 year period, with the problems the airlines face, and the logitics of combining two fleets and only being able to convert them in each planes downtime, this IS light speed and as amatter of fact you cannot show me any example of ANY airline from Anywhere doing something of comparable size in any faster time.

Which Biz seats are better than UA?? Most Asian and Middle Eastern carriers (as long as one does not get mid-haul products on SQ or EK), one or two European carriers. I do think the new DL seats better, but I can see why one could think otherwise.
Old May 22, 2010, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Hmm, lets see, It took BA SEVEN YEARS to roll out NCW across their widebody fleet.
To be fair, though, BA rolled out NNCW in close to a year. I agree that it takes a long time to roll out new products at all carriers, but I still wish DL moved a bit faster.
Old May 22, 2010, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes they did, becaiuse by the time they got around to finishing NCW everyone knew what was wrong with it.....
Old May 22, 2010, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NNCW was more of a tweak, as was NEV 2 and 3 on AF.
Old May 22, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
I personally hate the Club World seating. I would almost rather fly on Delta's old BizE, and I definately prefer either of Delta's new Biz seats. I also prefer Delta's new Biz to AF's new Biz seats.
Old May 22, 2010, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh I agree, you can see my comments on the BA forum since NCW came out that for anyone taller than 6 feet tall and of any girth it is like a coffin, I too have preferrd old DL B/E to NCW. I have never been a fan of any flat on an angles either.
Old May 22, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2M, AA EP, Marriott AE
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
I personally hate the Club World seating. I would almost rather fly on Delta's old BizE, and I definately prefer either of Delta's new Biz seats. I also prefer Delta's new Biz to AF's new Biz seats.
What is missing on delta Pod seat (i.e. 777LR) is a comfort layer mini mattress like Jet Airways provide ... it makes the bed so comfortable
Old May 22, 2010, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except of course that most of the Jet Airways fleet is currently wetleased to other airlines and they do not provide these mattresses....
Old May 23, 2010, 1:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
It may have been a tweak in design, but they still had to replace all of the seats. If DL has settled on a design (and I believe they have), then I don't think it is a technical problem to get them installed at a much faster pace than they have targeted. The financial side (taking planes out of service, capital costs) is the likely reason for the slow rollout.
Old May 23, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I agree. I think it's primarily a cost issue related to taking the planes out of service. With UA, they basically did one or two at a time and I think it took a few weeks each.
Old May 28, 2010, 2:13 pm
Moz

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by domyoji
So I am taking DL634 out of NRT to SFO on May 11. I checked seat availability and 21 seats are open in Biz Elite (I imagine some of these are sold, but unassigned). Anyone wanna give some pointers on how I might weasel my way up there from a upper row Coach ticket?
Often asked question Im sure, but where can I view how many seats are available in BE?
Old May 28, 2010, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Moz
Often asked question Im sure, but where can I view how many seats are available in BE?
Sure, visit www.expertflyer.com or another tool that lets you see J/D/C/I classes (paid) and Z class (upgrade) and O class (award). Remember, the seat map is not a reliable indicator of availability.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:04 am
mdb

Fix the SWU/M fiasco and I will come back

Says it all - I will shut down my move to LH and *A - I already have been comped SEN and have flown almost 100k over there, but I will stop and move my business back to DL...

IF they fix the M fare class/SWU fiasco - meaning that as a DM I will recieve 4 SWU's that can be used at fares of 1700 or less.... or have an M fare in that range....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.