FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1060667-gate-lice-coming-gate-lice-coming.html)

ScottinMEM Mar 8, 2010 1:49 pm

These are the same people who still write checks at the grocery store but don't actually start writing until the cashier gives them the total.

avidflyer Mar 8, 2010 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ScottinMEM (Post 13536537)
These are the same people who still write checks at the grocery store but don't actually start writing until the cashier gives them the total.

Nice.

I also watch as the line in front of me at Security wait until they are AT THE XRAY MACHINE to start taking out the laptop, the liquids, the coat ....drives me nuts. as soon as I get the BP check I have me coat off, my laptop in hand, my bag-o-liquids ready to go and I remember to put my shoes ON THE BELT not in a tote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

Jaimito Cartero Mar 8, 2010 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by ScottinMEM (Post 13536537)

Don't you mean that they start looking for the checkbook in the elephant sized purse, once the bill is finally totaled? :)

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 13536437)
I try to be as inconspicous as possible, until (especially true when boarding a 777, 767, 757) in which there is a distinct possibility to board through the 2L. When the FOs start to block the aisle trying to fit as much as they can into their seats...then I blow past them--sometimes moving them into their row so I can get to my seat...

...on AF in P, it gets much, much better, especially when they hold the line up if you did not get to board first.... (It is really hilarious to watch the facial expressions of the ST Elites when they question the problem with the line)

In the words of mersk862, this is how he deals with boarding:
"I'd have to put my PM card on my forehead and let them all know that i'm superior to them and they should just genuflect to my eliteness"

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 13536452)
Maybe the employee needs to have their eyes checked?

She needs her head checked as well. I've seen massive families of kettles at MCO pack better than her.

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13536483)
I thought I had a picture of UA Gate Lice in SFO on my Blackberry but sadly don't. The sad thing is that those gate lice are 1Ks and up - meaning they fly enough that they shouldn't be rookies. Must be something funny they're serving in the UA coffee to keep them thinking that way :D

Sounds just like Wireless. When we were at SFO, I had to kick him to keep him from blocking the plush carpet. He said that was what they do on UA. Leave the lounge 15+ minutes before the flight starts boarding so they can be first on the carpet.

Then again, they don't have free booze in the RCC's so I understand.

mersk862 Mar 8, 2010 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536581)
Sounds just like Wireless. When we were at SFO, I had to kick him to keep him from blocking the plush carpet. He said that was what they do on UA. Leave the lounge 15+ minutes before the flight starts boarding so they can be first on the carpet.

Also, with UA, if people don't know you're elite, then you're assumed to be a nobody. Hence the Gold BPs and Red Carpet bloxking. :D

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13536598)
Also, with UA, if people don't know you're elite, then you're assumed to be a nobody. Hence the Gold BPs and Red Carpet blocking. :D

Maybe we should petition DL for BRIGHT RED BP's (would make sense branding wise) or maybe navy blue? I need something to differentiate me.

GBadger Mar 8, 2010 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536620)
Maybe we should petition DL for BRIGHT RED BP's (would make sense branding wise) or maybe navy blue? I need something to differentiate me.

You guys don't get the black BPs?
It does make my seat assignment kind of hard to read (you'd think they'd use a different color ink for the font...)

:D:D

SeeYa Mar 8, 2010 2:40 pm

get your terminalogy right!

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536581)
He said that was what they do on UA. Leave the lounge 15+ minutes before the flight starts boarding so they can be first on the carpet.

This is not gate lice. It's a Carpet Bagger (TM).

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 13536810)
You guys don't get the black BPs?
It does make my seat assignment kind of hard to read (you'd think they'd use a different color ink for the font...)

:D:D

Damnit, I knew I shouldn't have asked about the 2% club.

avidflyer Mar 8, 2010 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by SeeYa (Post 13536924)

Need to use the right symbol!

Carpetbagger™ (Love that )...

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 13537148)
Need to use the right symbol!

Carpetbagger™ (Love that )...

And for a minute there I thought this was about Hillary Clinton :D:D

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536570)
In the words of mersk862, this is how he deals with boarding:
"I'd have to put my PM card on my forehead and let them all know that i'm superior to them and they should just genuflect to my eliteness"

You should also bring an airhorn to clear the throngs of lice....and also to announce your entrance...

SDQBound Mar 8, 2010 3:59 pm

FO Here. Not a fan of the Lice at all, I prefer to spend the extra 10 minutes in the lounge and then use the breezeway. Last year, while flying MEM-ATL with a confirmed F seat (Y-UP) on a CR9, a group of elites were blocking the breezeway lane waiting for Zone 2 to be called. Said "Excuse me" three times, but was ignored probably because they noticed the FO tag on my laptop case. Had to go around and wave my BP to the GA so she could ask them to clear the breezeway.

Also, on a different note, was accused of "cutting the line" a few weeks ago while using the breezeway to board my LAX-SLC flight. Two girls were the next one to board, but the GA took my boarding pass instead, and they started to complain about it. It was fun to see how they reacted when I gave my coat to the FA, put the laptop case on the overhead bin, and took seat 7C.

Crazyhotelguy Mar 8, 2010 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 13536557)
Nice.

I also watch as the line in front of me at Security wait until they are AT THE XRAY MACHINE to start taking out the laptop, the liquids, the coat ....drives me nuts. as soon as I get the BP check I have me coat off, my laptop in hand, my bag-o-liquids ready to go and I remember to put my shoes ON THE BELT not in a tote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

=1. This is SOOOOO Annoying.... I always have the laptop and liquids out. Really annoys me when the Crew wait til the last minute to pull out the laptops. You would think they would know..... That is the only thing that would peeve me about the CLEAR lines. THOSE people should know how to blow through, but, they didn't always... Kind of like the EXPERT line at MCO.. Must be 18 to enter...(that makes you an expert according to TSA MCO....)

Originally Posted by SeeYa (Post 13536924)

GOOD ONE>>...:D:D:D:D