FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1060667-gate-lice-coming-gate-lice-coming.html)

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 13539734)
The DCA club is not bad.... It is newer than
CLT B.. There is free bud/bud light except at PHL where free means $1. And BOS where I think they are still having license issues.

I am surprised they just don't put a troth of PBRs and a barrel of peanuts out and say have at it.... This is US after all. :)

I think the sad part is that I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did that :p

BondAir007 Mar 8, 2010 10:43 pm

I am enjoying this thread.

I would think spring cleaning would get rid of the 'Gate Lice' then again spring break is coming up.

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by BondAir007 (Post 13539750)

I would thought spring cleaning would get rid of the 'Gate Lice' then again spring break is coming up. :D

Oh snap...I completely forgot... guess I should find all of my luggage tags and polish them up...

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 13539739)
TRUE.. US Locks them up in the dungeon at PHL until they are bitter enough to face the traveling public.

Oh so true.

Originally Posted by BondAir007 (Post 13539750)

I would thought spring cleaning would get rid of the 'Gate Lice' then again spring break is coming up.

Spring break is helping to spread them even more! Unfortunately, they don't have a cream for these type of lice yet. :(

Though if they did, I would be willing to assist in trial dispersal's. MCO is a good site for it.

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13539779)

Though if they did, I would be willing to assist in trial dispersal's. MCO is a good site for it.

What about FLL, MIA and CUN? :rolleyes:

mnredfox Mar 8, 2010 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13536053)
Now all we need are Gold BPs for elites, as well as the following boarding priority:

First Class, Diamonds and Platinums first (over the Breezeway of course)
Followed by Golds and ST E+ (no Breezeway for you!)
Followed by Zone 1, which is only Silvers and ST Elites (and those who pay for it)
Then Zones 2-4 of non-elites.

Then we'll have a true United experience! :D

I like this. Combining all elites in 1 call sends half the plane or more to the line that is already blocked by lice.

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536209)
Of course there was an elite tag. Care to guess which color. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't black, blue or gold.

Actually I've found GM's to be the worst. They are in the "I earned Gold elite" category but often are pissed they aren't in F so when they see someone that looks like they shouldn't be in F they get all anal.

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13536333)
I've had quite a few Silvers snare at me when they call Zone 1 by saying "hey kid, they only called first class. You have to wait for non-elites to board in about 10 minutes". That's why I smile, say thanks but I'm a Platinum in First Class so I think I'll board now, all while smiling at them.

I too have had plenty of age discrimination. A few times from NW/DL employees, but mostly the suit jerks who think that younger folk who dress in comfortable clothes shouldn't board before them. As I said before, they usually proudly have their GM tags displayed. The best I ever got was "no, you're not boarding yet, so sit down."

I agree, the best part is when you just board past them without saying a word and then seeing them glare at you later when they board as you sip your pre-departure drink...

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 11:21 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by mnredfox

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13536053)
Now all we need are Gold BPs for elites, as well as the following boarding priority:

First Class, Diamonds and Platinums first (over the Breezeway of course)
Followed by Golds and ST E+ (no Breezeway for you!)
Followed by Zone 1, which is only Silvers and ST Elites (and those who pay for it)
Then Zones 2-4 of non-elites.

Then we'll have a true United experience! :D

I like this. Combining all elites in 1 call sends half the plane or more to the line that is already blocked by lice.

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536209)
Of course there was an elite tag. Care to guess which color. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't black, blue or gold.

Actually I've found GM's to be the worst. They are in the "I earned Gold elite" category but often are pissed they aren't in F so when they see someone that looks like they shouldn't be in F they get all anal.

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13536333)
I've had quite a few Silvers snare at me when they call Zone 1 by saying "hey kid, they only called first class. You have to wait for non-elites to board in about 10 minutes". That's why I smile, say thanks but I'm a Platinum in First Class so I think I'll board now, all while smiling at them.

I too have had plenty of age discrimination. A few times from NW/DL employees, but mostly the suit jerks who think that younger folk who dress in comfortable clothes shouldn't board before them. As I said before, they usually proudly have their GM tags displayed. The best I ever got was "no, you're not boarding yet, so sit down."

I agree, the best part is when you just board past them without saying a word and then seeing them glare at you later when they board as you sip your pre-departure drink...

I call it "poetic justice" when people who give me a dirty look when I board first (mainly because I look a lot younger than the median ST E/E+)walk past me and realize that I'm a PM, and therefore they shouldn't judge for the next time...

...You never know who may be a PM/DM...

mnredfox Mar 8, 2010 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 13539894)

Though I do feel like there is something fundamentally wrong with a 6 year old being a PM...

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 11:31 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by mnredfox

Originally Posted by fgirard

Though I do feel like there is something fundamentally wrong with a 6 year old being a PM...

True--while I first earned status young--I was 14, and that was because of visiting family and friends (PVD-LAX multiple times a year makes it entirely possible--granted for a 6 year old, one has to ask yourself whether it is ok to already be traveling that much)

redtailshark Mar 8, 2010 11:35 pm

Do WBurcham's gators bite the gate lice?

BondAir007 Mar 9, 2010 12:18 am

"Ladies and gentlemen... Gate Lice Airlines will board the plane once the cleaners have clean the plane."

"If you don't like flying us... you can always fly Battlefield Upgrade Air."

"Please stop by SkyLice club for your open and used food items." :D

MikeyZBT Mar 9, 2010 12:21 am

Yes, the early line formers are annoying, but only if they aren't in Zone 1.

If they are in Zone 1, let them do what they want, right?

And as a usual "Zone 2 boarder" (I am Gold, but apparently have the worst upgrading luck ever...see my signature below), I just get up from my seat when Zone 1 is called and by the time I have my coat, bag, etc., they are usually calling Zone 2 and I can walk right on. Works for me!

kugelfischer Mar 9, 2010 1:07 am

I flew UA for the first time in years last week. There was a guy on my IAH-IAD flight who lined up on the rug before the inbound aircraft arrived. :rolleyes:

Doc Savage Mar 9, 2010 1:44 am

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536035)
Last night at MCO I observed the most United type of event I've ever seen on DL. It was ~ 20 minutes before boarding was set to start and there was this guy:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/...2e7b855ab3.jpg

(sorry for the poor quality wanted to protect the innocent kettles in the gate area)

Not sure what you expect to show in this picture....
And you're right, it IS lousy quality.

Crazyhotelguy Mar 9, 2010 5:37 am

Originally Posted by kugelfischer (Post 13540176)
I flew UA for the first time in years last week. There was a guy on my IAH-IAD flight who lined up on the rug before the inbound aircraft arrived. :rolleyes:

Yes.... This is down right stupid as they are now in the way of the arriving pax... Hopefully they just run him over...