FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1060667-gate-lice-coming-gate-lice-coming.html)

Crazyhotelguy Mar 8, 2010 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 13539325)
it could go something like this...

"Sorry, I did not see you; Mr. Lice--the light that was reflecting off of my PM card, as I was 'racing' to the gate as those extra 5 minutes will mean a lot when it comes to getting the pre-departure drink first or third. I do hope you'll accept this form of acknowledgment and remain off to the side until your zone is called, lest get in the way of a PM..."

Except it would be off that tacky DM card for me....lol.

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 13539363)
Except it would be off that tacky DM card for me....lol.

Basically anything other than silver?

Wireless Mar 8, 2010 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13539312)
Hey...there was a LH rep in the ORD B19 RCC the other day! Maybe some direct training being done at the RCCs now? :D

United is trying to be consistent... some RCC's have nice matrons, got to get them all to Dragon status ASAP

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard;
Basically anything other than silver?

Even fo's can pull the dykwia card (on general members)

mersk862 Mar 8, 2010 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Wireless (Post 13539405)
United is trying to be consistent... some RCC's have nice matrons, got to get them all to Dragon status ASAP

I did run into one dragon matron at B4...though the matron at C18 was quite nice and chatty...she might need remedial training soon.

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13539407)
Even fo's can pull the dykwia card (on general members)

True, true.... but it does get annoying, especially if FOs try to squeeze into the Premium Security Line by using the DYKWIA, whilst I just let my BP do the talking...

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 9:31 pm

Hahaha

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 9:34 pm

At least they have not been trained by US....

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard;

Wait us hasn't gotten rid of lounges yet? Thought they had gotten rid of them around the time they started charging to have water and use the bathroom.

mersk862 Mar 8, 2010 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13539514)
Wait us hasn't gotten rid of lounges yet? Thought they had gotten rid of them around the time they started charging to have water and use the bathroom.

I'll be glad to take you into a US lounge should there ever be one in a city that we happen to cross paths in...

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13539514)

Nah, they exist....they are quite hidden though--in an attempt to confuse and disorient people to the point that they no longer want to go to the lounge... (for example: do you know where the lounge at DCA is?)

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13539521)
I'll be glad to take you into a US lounge should there ever be one in a city that we happen to cross paths in...

I'd rather spend a day with stewie

SkyBuck Mar 8, 2010 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 13536452)
Maybe the employee needs to have their eyes checked?

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536570)
She needs her head checked as well. I've seen massive families of kettles at MCO pack better than her.

Okay, I realize the overheads fill up quickly, but isn't this a bit extreme? :eek:

Crazyhotelguy Mar 8, 2010 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 13539528)
Nah, they exist....they are quite hidden though--in an attempt to confuse and disorient people to the point that they no longer want to go to the lounge... (for example: do you know where the lounge at DCA is?)

The DCA club is not bad.... It is newer than
CLT B.. There is free bud/bud light except at PHL where free means $1. And BOS where I think they are still having license issues and no booze is available.

I am surprised they just don't put a troth of PBRs and a barrel of peanuts out and say have at it.... This is US after all. :)

Crazyhotelguy Mar 8, 2010 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 13539457)

TRUE.. US Locks them up in the dungeon at PHL until they are bitter enough to face the traveling public.