FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1060667-gate-lice-coming-gate-lice-coming.html)

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 13537857)
Both of these flights were going to MCO...... The price of living in paradise...

Paradise? You call this place paradise?

avidflyer Mar 8, 2010 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13537912)

It's all relative Wburcham. I grew up in the Boston area and I called FL paradise until I realized I could have the temps and sun WITHOUT the humidity in SoCal! :)

thebigfish Mar 8, 2010 5:25 pm

Thanks

Thanks for the headsup on MCO >> NYC. I go back to MSP via NY on Saturday.. I'm in MCO now. My 14 year old questions why I didn't move back to Florida.

You think lice are bad? Try living with palmetto bugs in Florida. That's the Florida name for BIG COCKROACHES. :D

TBF

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 13538054)
It's all relative Wburcham. I grew up in the Boston area and I called FL paradise until I realized I could have the temps and sun WITHOUT the humidity in SoCal! :)

That's a good point. I used to enjoy it here... till I lived in London & Seattle. :cool:

Crazyhotelguy Mar 8, 2010 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13537912)

It beats STL, where I moved from!!!

Crazyhotelguy Mar 8, 2010 5:37 pm

DELETED

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 13538143)
TSA. I am sure things will improve then:)

When I was leaving last night (around 8pm), I saw at least 40 of the Thousands Standing Around. There were basically no departures left for the night yet the checkpoints were about as staffed as the AM rush.

Crazyhotelguy Mar 8, 2010 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13538172)
When I was leaving last night (around 8pm), I saw at least 40 of the Thousands Standing Around. There were basically no departures left for the night yet the checkpoints were about as staffed as the AM rush.

Trying to avoid being off topic, but YES>.. TSA MCO is probably one of the worst uses of tax money ever... On Sunday morning, I went through the 1-59 side and only a few of the MANY lines were open.. There were extras just standing around and the lines were a bit lone... Not down to the food court long, but longer than they should with the staff. I see this same thing all the time on the DL side of the terminal.

Yet the mall cops were in full patrol at the gate.. Takes three now... Check this and swab that. ON US AIR!!!! I think even the terrorists try to avoid US!!!

Crazyhotelguy Mar 8, 2010 6:28 pm

To get this train back on the track....

At LEAST the guy in the original pic was in the Breezeway and one should at least assume he is in FC... If he is not, the entire ZONE 1 has the right to run him over... Next time he will think twice to junp in the way of a DM or PM on a mission...

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 13538404)
Trying to avoid being off topic, but YES>.. TSA MCO is probably one of the worst uses of tax money ever... On Sunday morning, I went through the 1-59 side and only a few of the MANY lines were open.. There were extras just standing around and the lines were a bit lone... Not down to the food court long, but longer than they should with the staff. I see this same thing all the time on the DL side of the terminal.

Yet the mall cops were in full patrol at the gate.. Takes three now... Check this and swab that. ON US AIR!!!! I think even the terrorists try to avoid US!!!

Two things....

...MCO isn't the only place in which there are many TSAs, but very few lines (IAD between 4-7PM)...

...and, yes, I do believe that terrorists try to avoid US--maybe its because of the franzia....

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy;

At LEAST the guy in the original pic was in the Breezeway and one should at least assume he is in FC... If he is not, the entire ZONE 1 has the right to run him over... Next time he will think twice to junp in the way of a DM or PM on a mission...

Good point

GBadger Mar 8, 2010 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 13538420)
If he is not, the entire ZONE 1 has the right to run him over... Next time he will think twice to junp in the way of a DM or PM on a mission...

generally, he won't (think twice next time)... Thus is why at 6'4" and 200 lbs., instead of DYKWIA??, I generally use DYKIBTY?? (don't you know I'm bigger than you??) :D :D

Wireless Mar 8, 2010 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536171)
HAHAH Don't hate on franzia though.

dislike. who ARE you?

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536380)
My better half tried to talk me out of using the F line at JFK yesterday "because the Y line wasn't that long".

"better"? time to trade in or let 'em fly Southwest next time.

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13536483)
The sad thing is that those gate lice are 1Ks and up - meaning they fly enough that they shouldn't be rookies. Must be something funny they're serving in the UA coffee to keep them thinking that way :D

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536581)
Sounds just like Wireless. When we were at SFO, I had to kick him to keep him from blocking the plush carpet. He said that was what they do on UA. Leave the lounge 15+ minutes before the flight starts boarding so they can be first on the carpet.

First off, I don't stand right in the edge of the red carpet. I hold back and when boarding starts, sigh loudly as I weave around lowly Premiers. It's like a duty free gauntlet but the product moves. They don't own the airline, I do. UA makes millions charging for checked bags, overhead space is a premium and my bag is NOT getting gate checked.

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536581)
Then again, they don't have free booze in the RCC's so I understand.

Hey, we get free booze sometimes. It might take some fighting with Frau Krumm (sent on loan to United from Lufthansa for her special gruff customer service skills) the lounge dragon/matron, but we can prevail. We're used to demanding compensation.

mersk862 Mar 8, 2010 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Wireless (Post 13539298)
Hey, we get free booze sometimes. It might take some fighting with Frau Krumm (sent on loan to United from Lufthansa for her special gruff customer service skills) the lounge dragon/matron, but we can prevail. We're used to demanding compensation.

Hey...there was a LH rep in the ORD B19 RCC the other day! Maybe some direct training being done at the RCCs now? :D

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 13538420)

it could go something like this...

"Sorry, I did not see you; Mr. Lice--the light that was reflecting off of my PM card, as I was 'racing' to the gate as those extra 5 minutes will mean a lot when it comes to getting the pre-departure drink first or third. I do hope you'll accept this form of acknowledgment and remain off to the side until your zone is called, lest get in the way of a PM..."