FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1060667-gate-lice-coming-gate-lice-coming.html)

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 12:47 pm

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Last night at MCO I observed the most United type of event I've ever seen on DL. It was ~ 20 minutes before boarding was set to start and there was this guy:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/...2e7b855ab3.jpg

(sorry for the poor quality wanted to protect the innocent kettles in the gate area)

GBadger Mar 8, 2010 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536035)
Last night at MCO I observed the most United type of event I've ever seen on DL. It was ~ 20 minutes before boarding was set to start and there was this guy:

(sorry for the poor quality wanted to protect the innocent kettles in the gate area)

I see this regularly...There's always at least ONE. Interestingly, they always seem surprised when zone 1 is called and people want to get by them (they're often zone 2 pax). They seem to have mastered that look of combined disbelief and mistrust..."Are YOU really in zone 1?"

mersk862 Mar 8, 2010 12:49 pm

Now all we need are Gold BPs for elites, as well as the following boarding priority:

First Class, Diamonds and Platinums first (over the Breezeway of course)
Followed by Golds and ST E+ (no Breezeway for you!)
Followed by Zone 1, which is only Silvers and ST Elites (and those who pay for it)
Then Zones 2-4 of non-elites.

Then we'll have a true United experience! :D

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536035)

My dear god..... I know about the lice from UA, but what about my fellow cockroaches at US? I haven't seem them in a DL gate area yet...

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 13536058)
My dear god..... I know about the lice from UA, but what about my fellow cockroaches at US? I haven't seem them in a DL gate area yet...

But I'm sure they have been sighted in a few SkyClubs

mersk862 Mar 8, 2010 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536076)

Why would US elites go to the SkyClub, when they can go to the exciting US Airways club and drink all the Bud Light and Franzia to the heart's content for free?

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13536076)

Yes, you can tell a US Cockroach--we tend to devour anything that is for free as too many times before we have been forced to scavenge at the hands of the US execs that believe in the idea of SLF...

...wait until DL embraces *that* concept....

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13536089)
Why would US elites go to the SkyClub, when they can go to the exciting US Airways club and drink all the Bud Light and Franzia to the heart's content for free?

Because they won't let us to bring the Franzia on to the plane....

runninaway Mar 8, 2010 12:58 pm

I've never been in there. Do they decant the Franzia, or just stick a straw in the box?

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by runninaway (Post 13536127)
I've never been in there. Do they decant the Franzia, or just stick a straw in the box?

I've seen them decant the Franzia in PHL, BOS, DCA, but I've also seen them just break out the box in CLT....

It depends on the attitudes of the US staff....

PepeBorja Mar 8, 2010 1:03 pm

Gasp! He's got a rollerbag? Did you check for Medallion tags?

The Horror! Lines up early, has a rollerbag, and has medallion tags! Hide your children!

The joys of our sheltered lives! Gotta a love it.

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 1:04 pm

HAHAH Don't hate on franzia though.

EVA777 Mar 8, 2010 1:04 pm

I saw somebody lined up 45 minutes before boarding NRT-LAX on Saturday. They weren't in the breezeway lane either. Why in the world would you want to rush on to sit in coach on a 744 1 hour before departure - the flight is long and painful enough as it is. I was one of the last one on the flight.

fgirard Mar 8, 2010 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by EVA777 (Post 13536174)
I saw somebody lined up 45 minutes before boarding NRT-LAX on Saturday. They weren't in the breezeway lane either. Why in the world would you want to rush on to sit in coach on a 744 1 hour before departure - the flight is long and painful enough as it is. I was one of the last one on the flight.

I've seen people do that with AF--which doesn't make any sense considering seats have already been assigned....

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard (Post 13536107)
Yes, you can tell a US Cockroach--we tend to devour anything that is for free as too many times before we have been forced to scavenge at the hands of the US execs that believe in the idea of SLF...

...wait until DL embraces *that* concept....

Interesting concept. I usually try to step on the cockroaches when I see them in the SkyClub. Want to help DL avoid the health department issues ;)

WBurcham Mar 8, 2010 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by PepeBorja (Post 13536167)
Gasp! He's got a rollerbag? Did you check for Medallion tags?

The Horror! Lines up early, has a rollerbag, and has medallion tags! Hide your children!

The joys of our sheltered lives! Gotta a love it.

Of course there was an elite tag. Care to guess which color. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't black, blue or gold.