Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Last night at MCO I observed the most United type of event I've ever seen on DL. It was ~ 20 minutes before boarding was set to start and there was this guy:

(sorry for the poor quality wanted to protect the innocent kettles in the gate area)
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Last night at MCO I observed the most United type of event I've ever seen on DL. It was ~ 20 minutes before boarding was set to start and there was this guy:

(sorry for the poor quality wanted to protect the innocent kettles in the gate area)
I see this regularly...There's always at least ONE. Interestingly, they always seem surprised when zone 1 is called and people want to get by them (they're often zone 2 pax). They seem to have mastered that look of combined disbelief and mistrust..."Are YOU really in zone 1?"
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Now all we need are Gold BPs for elites, as well as the following boarding priority:

First Class, Diamonds and Platinums first (over the Breezeway of course)
Followed by Golds and ST E+ (no Breezeway for you!)
Followed by Zone 1, which is only Silvers and ST Elites (and those who pay for it)
Then Zones 2-4 of non-elites.

Then we'll have a true United experience!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt

My dear god..... I know about the lice from UA, but what about my fellow cockroaches at US? I haven't seem them in a DL gate area yet...
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fgirard
My dear god..... I know about the lice from UA, but what about my fellow cockroaches at US? I haven't seem them in a DL gate area yet...
But I'm sure they have been sighted in a few SkyClubs
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Why would US elites go to the SkyClub, when they can go to the exciting US Airways club and drink all the Bud Light and Franzia to the heart's content for free?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:55 pm

Yes, you can tell a US Cockroach--we tend to devour anything that is for free as too many times before we have been forced to scavenge at the hands of the US execs that believe in the idea of SLF...

...wait until DL embraces *that* concept....

Originally Posted by mersk862
Why would US elites go to the SkyClub, when they can go to the exciting US Airways club and drink all the Bud Light and Franzia to the heart's content for free?
Because they won't let us to bring the Franzia on to the plane....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM
I've never been in there. Do they decant the Franzia, or just stick a straw in the box?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by runninaway
I've never been in there. Do they decant the Franzia, or just stick a straw in the box?
I've seen them decant the Franzia in PHL, BOS, DCA, but I've also seen them just break out the box in CLT....

It depends on the attitudes of the US staff....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
Gasp! He's got a rollerbag? Did you check for Medallion tags?

The Horror! Lines up early, has a rollerbag, and has medallion tags! Hide your children!

The joys of our sheltered lives! Gotta a love it.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

HAHAH Don't hate on franzia though.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:04 pm

I saw somebody lined up 45 minutes before boarding NRT-LAX on Saturday. They weren't in the breezeway lane either. Why in the world would you want to rush on to sit in coach on a 744 1 hour before departure - the flight is long and painful enough as it is. I was one of the last one on the flight.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by EVA777
I saw somebody lined up 45 minutes before boarding NRT-LAX on Saturday. They weren't in the breezeway lane either. Why in the world would you want to rush on to sit in coach on a 744 1 hour before departure - the flight is long and painful enough as it is. I was one of the last one on the flight.
I've seen people do that with AF--which doesn't make any sense considering seats have already been assigned....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fgirard
Yes, you can tell a US Cockroach--we tend to devour anything that is for free as too many times before we have been forced to scavenge at the hands of the US execs that believe in the idea of SLF...

...wait until DL embraces *that* concept....
Interesting concept. I usually try to step on the cockroaches when I see them in the SkyClub. Want to help DL avoid the health department issues
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PepeBorja
Gasp! He's got a rollerbag? Did you check for Medallion tags?

The Horror! Lines up early, has a rollerbag, and has medallion tags! Hide your children!

The joys of our sheltered lives! Gotta a love it.
Of course there was an elite tag. Care to guess which color. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't black, blue or gold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.