Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Together we Fly" Promo: Earn up to 20k Bonus Miles By Being on a Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Together we Fly" Promo: Earn up to 20k Bonus Miles By Being on a Team

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by USirritated
Maybe the next time Delta will allow team captains to come from any state, instead of just choosing 4 states, which makes it overly complicated for no good reason, IMHO.
it wasn't random. Captains were allowed from the states where the previous NW hubs were operated.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by mrredskin
it wasn't random. Captains were allowed from the states where the previous NW hubs were operated.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm glad to know it was not random, however, it was still a pain to have to find a captain from one of those four states. I know of a couple of people who did not participate specifically because it was overly complicated (find a team of people who you do not know, and a captain from one of just four states) to join in.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 1:03 pm

Just FYI. Mine posted.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles - GM; National Rental Car - Executive Elite; HHonors - Gold; SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by cinnamon121
Did you send the email through the Delta website section that is specific for complaints/comments and pre-populated with drop-down boxes that specify the nature of the complaint/comment and one open comment field to detail your reason for writing? There is also an opt-in box to check if you would like to receive an email response, which is what I checked. This is where Delta customer service directed me to file my complaint -- I was told I would receive some sort of response within 48 hours, and I did. Good luck to you.
Yes that is where I sent the original email. I did receive a canned response "We are looking into your issue... it takes a while to credit miles." I just replied to that email, asking for an update and provided some more information. To that I got there was a delay in processing and that they are going to go through it.

Still nothing credited. I am going to wait a little longer as I don't need the miles right now for anything, and it looks like they are crediting people still.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hmmm... My miles still have not posted almost two weeks after I received the email saying "Although I cannot say the cause for the delay, I can assure you the 20,000 bonus miles will be posting to your account soon." Just sent another email inquiring about the status.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Hmmm... My miles still have not posted almost two weeks after I received the email saying "Although I cannot say the cause for the delay, I can assure you the 20,000 bonus miles will be posting to your account soon." Just sent another email inquiring about the status.
Interesting that a similar posting was made, earlier today, to another thread I subscribe to, so I will give you the same reply that I sent to that thread:

Forgive me, I mean no insult or offense to anyone with this posting, but what is this fascination with E-MAILING that never seems to go anywhere? I have seen many postings that went something like "I e-mailed a couple of times, but I still have the problem/discrepancy, what should I do now?"

The definition of insanity is someone who does the same thing over and over again, while expecting a different result. So, what does that tell you? It should tell you to either try something else/a different method, or that you are insane. Which is it? No, I am not trying to insult you, I am just making a point, one which I hope will sink in, since I see similar posts often, about e-mailing more than once and expecting results.

By my experience, e-mailing Delta regarding many things comes to nothing, especially e-mailing Delta regarding problems with your SkyMiles account.

Please, take your SkyMiles card out of your wallet and turn it over. Do you see the number for Medallion Special Services there? Good! Now, pick up the telephone, and dial that number please! When the line is answered, it will be automated, asking you to input your SkyMiles number, and then your PIN number, please enter both at the appropriate times. Then when a person comes on the line, explain your problem. Preferably you will have your SkyMiles account on a computer screen in front of you at the time you make the call. Relay your record of shuttle flights, and what you should have received, and ask if the representative you are speaking with is familiar with the triple miles shuttle promo. My guess is that before you get off the phone, the representative you are speaking with will have fixed your problem. How do I know this? Because I have had this same problem for my shuttle flights, and for other promos, and every time that I have called to explain a similar problem, the problem was fixed by the person who I spoke with before I got off the phone. However, I did try to e-mail once, and it got no response. Thereafter, I stopped e-mailing, and started calling. E-mail....no reply, calling....problem solved. Which method would you choose going forward?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:48 am

I had a similar problem - tried the same thing a few times with the same result - NONE! The only difference was, I called all three times - no emails. What finally got results for me was contacting the program through the FaceBook page and its associated admin. Phone calls, even through the Diamond line didn't get results, but good-old FaceBook worked wonders.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
Interesting that a similar posting was made, earlier today, to another thread I subscribe to, so I will give you the same reply that I sent to that thread:

Forgive me, I mean no insult or offense to anyone with this posting, but what is this fascination with E-MAILING that never seems to go anywhere? I have seen many postings that went something like "I e-mailed a couple of times, but I still have the problem/discrepancy, what should I do now?"

The definition of insanity is someone who does the same thing over and over again, while expecting a different result. So, what does that tell you? It should tell you to either try something else/a different method, or that you are insane. Which is it? No, I am not trying to insult you, I am just making a point, one which I hope will sink in, since I see similar posts often, about e-mailing more than once and expecting results.

By my experience, e-mailing Delta regarding many things comes to nothing, especially e-mailing Delta regarding problems with your SkyMiles account.

Please, take your SkyMiles card out of your wallet and turn it over. Do you see the number for Medallion Special Services there? Good! Now, pick up the telephone, and dial that number please! When the line is answered, it will be automated, asking you to input your SkyMiles number, and then your PIN number, please enter both at the appropriate times. Then when a person comes on the line, explain your problem. Preferably you will have your SkyMiles account on a computer screen in front of you at the time you make the call. Relay your record of shuttle flights, and what you should have received, and ask if the representative you are speaking with is familiar with the triple miles shuttle promo. My guess is that before you get off the phone, the representative you are speaking with will have fixed your problem. How do I know this? Because I have had this same problem for my shuttle flights, and for other promos, and every time that I have called to explain a similar problem, the problem was fixed by the person who I spoke with before I got off the phone. However, I did try to e-mail once, and it got no response. Thereafter, I stopped e-mailing, and started calling. E-mail....no reply, calling....problem solved. Which method would you choose going forward?
Didn't read the other thread you refer to, but I'm just sharing my experience -- good and bad -- which is not a simple "I emailed three times. no response."

I posted here to mention that I hadn't gotten my miles and wasn't sure if I should have gotten them yet.

Someone suggested I call customer service.

I called customer service. They noted through my records that indeed, I qualified for the 20K miles from the promotion. They told me I had to go to the website and register my request/complaint, and I would hear back within 48 hours.

I heard back via email within 24 hours, confirming that there was a delay with my account but that the miles would post "soon." After almost two weeks, I emailed back this specific customer service rep.

This is not hitting yourself over the head several times and getting the same response. This was I called, I sent something through the website, I received an email, and now I just sent an email back. And now I just posted an update to share with other FTers.

Thanks for your thoughts, though. If I don't hear back in 24 hours, I will go back to the first route -- calling customer service.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:21 pm

Thanks for your thoughts, though. If I don't hear back in 24 hours, I will go back to the first route -- calling customer service.
And when you do that, hit the person you are speaking with "hard" with "I did what I was asked to do, and that did not work out. So, here we are two weeks later and DL has screwed up, so rather than making me go through any more flips to get what I am entitled to and promised, please either fix the problem right now, or get a manager on the phone right now, your choice."
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:07 am

Update: Got an email back:

"Thank you for contacting SkyMiles.
These bonus miles are expected to post after September 30th.
If you have any additional questions, concerns, or need further assistance, please let us know."

I don't NEED these miles for use before 9/30, but I'm annoyed that my account was on some "delayed list" while others' miles posted. Yes, I will be making a phone call.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Platinum Medallion, B6 Mosaic, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Gold
Mine finally posted after multiple emails and also a follow up phone call from delta. They told me my miles would post in the middle of August, which they didn't. Emailed them again yesterday and then suddenly saw the following in my account.

23 Aug 2010 Non Air Activity SkyMiles Customer Resolution (posted on 23Aug2010) 20000 0 20000

Just keep following up and they should post them for you. Granted we shouldn't have to do this but at least I got my miles.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:14 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Mine still havent posted.

I've called 3 times, to be told each time that its a "technical issue" that will be resolved "soon".

They have noted my record so that I can book an award before the miles actually get into the account.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, United 1K
After months of seeing this promo and reading these posts, I must say I'm a complete idiot for dropping the ball and not registering with a team in time for this promo...seems like if done properly, the easiest 20K miles possible....

Hopefully next time!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:53 pm

Mine just posted -took several emails and calls, but finally.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:46 pm

Mine just posted -took several emails and calls, but finally.
Good for you, and it certainly should not have taken so much time and effort on your part, however, Delta should be ashamed! Best in class? I think not!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.