Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Together we Fly" Promo: Earn up to 20k Bonus Miles By Being on a Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Together we Fly" Promo: Earn up to 20k Bonus Miles By Being on a Team

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
posted. Thanks FT!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by psychtobe
posted. Thanks FT!
Indeed, thanks FT. This is without a doubt 20K miles I wouldn't have had if I hadn't been able to connect with an eligible team captain via FT!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:03 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Phil2016
Indeed, thanks FT. This is without a doubt 20K miles I wouldn't have had if I hadn't been able to connect with an eligible team captain via FT!
You're welcome. And I wouldn't have been able to collect the 20K miles without other team members who could charge their business travel to Amex. (My company requires using the corporate Visa card.)
Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:22 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by vincentppetty
I just checked, and my 20k also posed this weekend!

This was a great promo ... now, if only we could get some good MQM promo!
Click on Consolidated Delta promotions thread, to check out "2. Delta Shuttle Triple EQM / Triple Miles Promo" and "3. Double MQM for 4 cities Promo," among others.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, Hyatt, Marriott
Just saw that my bonus miles posted and, frankly, I was surprised. I didn't read the T&C very closely before organizing a team, but knew that I had a one-way flight back to the US from Europe to book and take during the promotion period. After reading the T&C more closely, though, I saw that a qualified flight had to be round-trip and didn't expect to receive anything. Although our only flight during the promotion period was the one-way (for three people), we all received the bonus miles! Glad to see they weren't as strict as indicated on the round-trip requirement!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:19 pm

Same experience here! I flew only one time, a one-way flight MSP to MIA. Nice to get a bonus of 20,000 (thanks to a great team) tacked on to the 1500 flight miles. Now to figure out how to use them...
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Believe it or not, I think that DL had a lot of trouble with this promotion. Just as the above poster mentioned, they were credited for miles which did not actually comply with the rules of the promotion (one ways vs. round trips).

It just so happened that our team reached the maximum number of miles, and then some, but we had extra miles (at least for me) credited to the promotion that were not AMEX purchased trips/miles. I had to call in three different times to get ANY of my trips credited to our team page, and then when it was finally done, about three weeks later, not only were my AMEX purchased trips credited, but so were my Visa purchased trips.

Our team was so far over the 25,000 miles legitimately that the Visa purchased trips did not matter in the end, but I am guessing that there were other people who had similar experiences of oddities that they should not have received credit for, but did anyway. I think in the end that DL just threw in the towel (in some ways) because this promotion was so needlessly complicated that not only could their computers handle it, but neither could their personnel, some of which were not even aware of the promotion at all when I called in, and I had to explain it to them!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
My 20K miles still hasn't posted yet. Is anyone else still waiting on them?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cinnamon121
Probably not. As promised, Delta posted them at the end of the 8-week window, or at least thereabouts.

If your miles didn't post, I would contact them immediately.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
This was a great way to get an extra 20,000 miles for doing nothing out of the ordinary. Thanks Delta! Hopefully we'll see this promotion again in the future.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by rionio77
This was a great way to get an extra 20,000 miles for doing nothing out of the ordinary. Thanks Delta! Hopefully we'll see this promotion again in the future.
Maybe the next time Delta will allow team captains to come from any state, instead of just choosing 4 states, which makes it overly complicated for no good reason, IMHO.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:20 am

Thanks, Sez_Who. I called Delta, then put in a complaint via the website about promotion skymiles not posting. They responded immediately apologizing for the delay posting my miles, and that they confirmed I was on a list accounts that were delayed. A little mysterious in the verbiage: "Although I cannot say the cause for the delay, I can assure you the 20,000 bonus miles will be posting to your account soon."
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles - GM; National Rental Car - Executive Elite; HHonors - Gold; SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by cinnamon121
Neither has mine. I have sent a couple of emails to them, a couple of weeks apart and still no valid response.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by mestizo122
Neither has mine. I have sent a couple of emails to them, a couple of weeks apart and still no valid response.
Did you send the email through the Delta website section that is specific for complaints/comments and pre-populated with drop-down boxes that specify the nature of the complaint/comment and one open comment field to detail your reason for writing? There is also an opt-in box to check if you would like to receive an email response, which is what I checked. This is where Delta customer service directed me to file my complaint -- I was told I would receive some sort of response within 48 hours, and I did. Good luck to you.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Gold :-( KLM Gold HH Diamond
Still waiting, said 2 weeks, been almost that

Originally Posted by mestizo122
I also called in, still waiting for one of my teammates, and they did say it's in a queue somewhere, but I am going to make a follow-up call end of this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.