Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Together we Fly" Promo: Earn up to 20k Bonus Miles By Being on a Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Together we Fly" Promo: Earn up to 20k Bonus Miles By Being on a Team

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Sounds like we are going to have to fight with Delta on this one.
It hasn't been 8 weeks. Should 8 weeks pass without posting, do you really think, given that multiple Delta employees monitor FT and given that thousands (at least) of people participated in the promo and will be sending inquiries, that it will be necessary to "fight"? Any delay past the deadline is more likely caused by technical issues, not a plot to screw people out of miles. Unless you are going to suffer because you were counting on miles to post by Saturday to use them immediately, I think it might be more prudent and relaxing to enjoy the weekend and see if they show up sometime soon with absolutely no further effort on your part.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
A) Eight weeks ends tomorrow.

B) Delta has been very capable about sending out e-mails to targeted people in the past, so I would hope that they would do the same if there was a technical issue about posting the Together We Fly mileage accruals.

PS. I do intend to wait until probably Tuesday before calling DL to complain, however, I would hope that DL does something before that.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by mooper
It hasn't been 8 weeks. Should 8 weeks pass without posting, do you really think, given that multiple Delta employees monitor FT and given that thousands (at least) of people participated in the promo and will be sending inquiries, that it will be necessary to "fight"? Any delay past the deadline is more likely caused by technical issues, not a plot to screw people out of miles. Unless you are going to suffer because you were counting on miles to post by Saturday to use them immediately, I think it might be more prudent and relaxing to enjoy the weekend and see if they show up sometime soon with absolutely no further effort on your part.
^ ^

Exactly. I never quite understand some of the anal retentive people here on FT.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by holtju2
^ ^

Exactly. I never quite understand some of the anal retentive people here on FT.
LOL!

Don't you mean the anal retentive people in the general population? Or are we to infer that you believe there are more anal retentive people on FT than in the general population as a whole?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by USirritated
A) Eight weeks ends tomorrow.

B) Delta has been very capable about sending out e-mails to targeted people in the past, so I would hope that they would do the same if there was a technical issue about posting the Together We Fly mileage accruals.

PS. I do intend to wait until probably Tuesday before calling DL to complain, however, I would hope that DL does something before that.
My neighborhood covenants require anyone building a new house to have their landscaping completed within two growing seasons of moving in. A guy down the road is at that limit and asked the board if he could wait until spring to finish, thereby violating the contractual promise he made when he purchased the land. The neighborhood is going to give him a pass, not making a big deal of it, giving him the benefit of the doubt. How horrible!

My point is that, unless you are going to miss out on something by giving Delta even a couple weeks past when they promised, especially in light of the fact they typically post on time, they monitor FT, and they really can't (even if they wanted to) wiggle out of this promo, it's probably healthier to have a couple beers on your porch and enjoy the summer rather than jump down their throat about missing the deadline. I have a feeling it will be okay in the end, even if you do nothing.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:32 am

Not with this promotion, there have been a ton of kinks with it, and they went out of their way to take the websites for this promotion down before the promotion finished. If they would have left them up, at least they could have posted a message there, but no, they did not do that. I had to call them no less than 5 times to get them to even post my trips to my team. So their track record is not good here. However, as I said, I will probably give them until Tuesday to deliver, and hope that they do. The last thing that I want to do is to have to call to complain. As a matter of fact, I will wait until Thursday, which is 2 months (rather than 8 weeks) past the promo end date, just to give them the benefit of the doubt on what 8 weeks actually means.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
My neighborhood covenants require anyone building a new house to have their landscaping completed within two growing seasons of moving in. A guy down the road is at that limit and asked the board if he could wait until spring to finish, thereby violating the contractual promise he made when he purchased the land. The neighborhood is going to give him a pass, not making a big deal of it, giving him the benefit of the doubt. How horrible!
you're comparing landscaping/growing to skymiles???

how long does it take skymiles to grow? 12 weeks instead of the anticipated 6-8?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
Not with this promotion, there have been a ton of kinks with it, and they went out of their way to take the websites for this promotion down before the promotion finished. If they would have left them up, at least they could have posted a message there, but no, they did not do that. I had to call them no less than 5 times to get them to even post my trips to my team. So their track record is not good here.
Despite the technical issues, it's still highly unlikely they won't post eventually, even absent a flood of complaints (which will be inevitable even if a single FTer doesn't contact them).

Originally Posted by mrredskin

how long does it take skymiles to grow? 12 weeks instead of the anticipated 6-8?
I'm comparing reasonable flexibility being given in two different situations.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:30 pm

So no one has gotten the bonus miles?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:07 pm

Despite the technical issues, it's still highly unlikely they won't post eventually, even absent a flood of complaints (which will be inevitable even if a single FTer doesn't contact them).
My guess is they have already received a flood of complaints, but of course we would not have any way of knowing that for sure.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA - PP
Originally Posted by mrredskin

SkyMiles don't grow, they shrink..... a lot. By the time Delta's done you'll need a magnifying glass to access your account.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Im so sick and tired of people posting in this thread asking if the miles have been posted and bringing it back up to the top of the page. Don't you think once they have people will report it?

For the 20th time, WAIT UNTIL JULY 15TH, WHICH IS 8 WEEKS AFTER PROMO CLOSE.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:59 pm

Last edited by samdori; Jul 10, 2010 at 10:51 am
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by DLATL777
For the 20th time, WAIT UNTIL JULY 15TH, WHICH IS 8 WEEKS AFTER PROMO CLOSE.
For the 21st time, July 10 will be 8 weeks after the promo close. July 15 will be 2 months after the promo close. There is a difference.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
For the 21st time, July 10 will be 8 weeks after the promo close. July 15 will be 2 months after the promo close. There is a difference.
Evan! is exactly right, as I have posted before. This issue is not just about people being impatient about getting the miles, it is about whether Delta will keep its word or not! It is about whether we can rely on Delta for even something so wimpy as taking ALMOST two months to award miles which we honestly earned by signing up for a promotion which Delta advertised for its customers to join in on! The fact of the matter is that Delta should not make its best customers wait for 8 weeks to award the miles, they should have done it in 4, which they would have been more than capable of! Have you ever heard of under promise and over deliver? Delta seems to believe in over promise and under deliver!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.