Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Together we Fly" Promo: Earn up to 20k Bonus Miles By Being on a Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Together we Fly" Promo: Earn up to 20k Bonus Miles By Being on a Team

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
All 4 accounts in the dd home had 20k miles posted to each account.
It was a good promo!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Together We Fly Miles Posted

Looked at my balance today and found 20k miles posted as a result of the "Together We Fly" promotion. It appears as though they posted with my most recent AMEX statement miles.

Yippee!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
20k for three of the four members of the Delta2010 team (our captain never flew)!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
We did it with only 3 members total, and we all got the 20,000 miles. Yes, it was easy because I just did what I always do, fly!

However, the way to sign up for the darn thing was needlessly complicated as far as I was concerned. I was begging for someone to add me to their team for days, and then I got only one invitation before the sign up cutoff, and two after. I was lucky to make it, and I needed someone else to invite me, because I did not live in one of the four states that a captain could be from. I like promos, but I hope that they do not do this one again, a pain in the butt! I like the shuttle promo though, that one gives you TRIPLE MQM and regular miles, and it is not dependent on anyone else! Now that is my idea of easy!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond (x2), IHG Platinum
just checked and my 20k posted YAY !
Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
My 20,000 miles posted over this weekend too. Congrats all!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
20K posted for me as well !!!!!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Mods - Can you correct the title for this thread from "25K-bonus-miles" to "20K-bonus-miles", please?
If one's team flew 25,000+ team miles, and met the minimums, the team members would get 20,000 miles (and less if the team flew less). I posted the full T&C on the consolidated promo thread sticky under today's date, and will repost them here, before we lose them, or before anyone gets disappointed at getting "only" 20,000 bonus miles. Mine posted 7/9.

The FAQs page from Facebook is here: http://www.facebook.com/DeltaandAmex...app_4949752878

T&C from http://www.togetherweflydelta.com/

========================
"Terms and Conditions:

Eligibility:
To take advantage of this offer from Delta Air Lines, you must register online at delta.com/togetherwefly or facebook.com/deltaandamex up until April 15, 2010 and purchase your tickets and travel between February 15, 2010 and May 15, 2010, be a new or existing SkyMiles member with a U.S. mailing address in your SkyMiles account and purchase Qualified Flights with any American Express Card. If you aren't a SkyMiles member you can enroll for free. All travel must be completed by May 15, 2010.
Participants may be registered only once for this promotion, either as a captain or a teammate. Team captains must have a SkyMiles mailing address in Michigan, Minnesota, Tennessee, or Washington. Captains must register themselves and invite teammates at delta.com/togetherwefly or facebook.com/deltaandamex prior to qualifying travel, but not later than April 15, 2010. Each team must consist of one team captain and at least one but no more than three additional teammates. Teammates are not required to reside in the four listed states. Individuals are eligible to be a member of only one team; in the case of multiple registrations, an individual will be assigned to the first team he/she joined.
Offer:
†Qualifying Flights are those purchased with any American Express Card and flown on any Delta or Delta Connection® carrier marketed/operated flight between February 15, 2010 and May 15, 2010. Individuals earn Team Flight Miles for each qualifying round-trip flight flown within the promotional period. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than the Delta Connection carriers are excluded from this offer.
Individual team members earn their regular miles as usual for every Qualifying Flight. An equivalent number of miles to each team member's qualifying miles flown are then added to the total Team Flight Miles. Team Flight Miles are the miles each team member earns by booking and flying on Delta or Delta Connection during the promotion time frame, which are accrued towards the team goal. For example, if the team captain's Qualifying Flight miles total 2,500 and a teammate's Qualifying Flight miles total 3,000, the Team Flight Miles will total 5,500. Individual participants' contribution to Team Flight Miles will be capped at 12,500 miles when determining eligibility for bonus miles. Bonus miles are those miles earned above and beyond flight miles.
*Only team members with Qualifying Flights are eligible for team bonus miles. Additionally, captains cannot earn bonus miles unless at least one teammate completes Qualifying Flights. Each eligible team member will receive bonus miles based on the total Team Flight Miles accumulated at the end of the promotion as follows: 1,500 bonus miles for 2,500 Team Flight Miles; 3,000 bonus miles for 5,000 Team Flight Miles; 9,000 bonus miles for 15,000 Team Flight Miles; 15,000 bonus miles for 20,000 Team Flight Miles; 20,000 bonus miles for 25,000 Team Flight Miles.
Miscellaneous:
Fulfillment of bonus miles will occur 6-8 weeks following the end of the promotional period (May 15, 2010). Other restrictions may apply. Offer void where prohibited by law. Offers are subject to change without notice. Delta reserves the right to ask the team captain to change any team names that are deemed inappropriate for the promotion. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97361824."
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
I got my 20,000 miles today too!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
I got my 20,000 miles today too!
How about from now on instead of EVERYONE posting that they got their miles, that the only posts in regards to miles would be from people who DID NOT get their miles already? That would SEEM to be more noteworthy at this juncture, don't ya think?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
whoops
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: United: 1P, Delta: Silver
Got my 20K also. Good promotion.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Got mine too. Thanks FT for helping me find partners for the promo.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold :-( KLM Gold HH Diamond
2 out of 3 posted

We had 3 of my family members on the team, me (cptn) and wife and 3 year old , plus another FF I found here. Checked our balances and found that mine and the wife's have posted, but not the 3 year old's. Is this a glitch, or are they just posting in waves?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:44 am
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
20k Posted this Weekend!

I just checked, and my 20k also posed this weekend!

This was a great promo ... now, if only we could get some good MQM promo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.