Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ga refused to let my companions board with me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ga refused to let my companions board with me

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:Diamond, United:1P, Continental: Plat, HH:Gold, SPG:Gold
hmm

Originally Posted by andymo99
I am not an insider. I am just applying common sense. If they published policy for things that are both obvious and trivial, the manual would be longer than the healthcare bill.

Just use common sense, jenni. It seems that every single person on this thread sees this as a straighforward issue except for you. 95%+ of the time, the GA uses discretion to permit your "companions" to board with you. You ran into a strict GA who applies the rules to the letter of the law. Let ut go.

As for me, I often fly with non-status companions on separate PNRs. If we are seated in the same cabin, I will board with my wife. I will not invite additional members of the party to board with me, and I certainly won't try to board anyone before their cabin of service is called.
I don't understand why after I thanked you kindly for answering my question you followed up with a snippy antagonistic reply? Am I missing something?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by jenniparks
It's also odd to me we weren't served drinks before take off in FC- i've never seen that either.
It's not uncommon, and it's not a DL thing either. I'd say 1 out of every 10-15 flights on every airline I've flown with regularity has had a flight without preflight drinks. Sometimes they just get too busy with other gobbledygook to take care of it.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jenniparks
Am I missing something?
Please don't take this offensively, but it seems as though you assumed that the other poster was an insider, similarly to how you are assuming the policy states one thing, but really means another.

My suggestion (and that's all it is)... Read the policies. If they don't say something, then it's not policy. If they do say something, that's what the policy is. Reading the policies regarding pre-boarding and check-in, both clearly refer to Medallion Members...While I would hope that that encompasses the PNR of a Medallion Member, I don't have any illusion that it should include anyone that a Medallion Member buys a ticket for, or anyone that a Medallion Member seems to know at the gate.

In terms of your question regarding extending upgrade privileges to "companions" of medallions not on the same PNR, the pre-boarding privileges are automatically forwarded to those passengers once they have been upgraded into F. But not before that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.