FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ga refused to let my companions board with me
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:19 pm
GBadger

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jenniparks
Am I missing something?
Please don't take this offensively, but it seems as though you assumed that the other poster was an insider, similarly to how you are assuming the policy states one thing, but really means another.

My suggestion (and that's all it is)... Read the policies. If they don't say something, then it's not policy. If they do say something, that's what the policy is. Reading the policies regarding pre-boarding and check-in, both clearly refer to Medallion Members...While I would hope that that encompasses the PNR of a Medallion Member, I don't have any illusion that it should include anyone that a Medallion Member buys a ticket for, or anyone that a Medallion Member seems to know at the gate.

In terms of your question regarding extending upgrade privileges to "companions" of medallions not on the same PNR, the pre-boarding privileges are automatically forwarded to those passengers once they have been upgraded into F. But not before that.