Wiki Posts
Search

How about some good news?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; NW Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by decibel08
the DM access to skyclubs has already worked out nicely for me. ^

Uhhh....If nobody has DM credentials yet, how are you accessing the club??
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:01 pm
KLC
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by LKYGSR
Uhhh....If nobody has DM credentials yet, how are you accessing the club??
See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...omp-month.html
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; NW Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by KLC
^ I'm in ! Sweet....did not know this had happened...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Fantastic flights from JFK to narita to Singapore and back. F/A's did a remarkable job and I experienced A great BE onboard product. I made a comment on how great the dessert port was to one of the FA's and without even asking, she brought me a second glass from the other choice of dessert port. Just before landing at JFK, she offered me the 3/4 full bottle of port.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I've had plenty to be happy about lately. JFK-LAX-JFK upgrades cleared. Scored a couple of low-level redemption BE tickets to Europe in Spring and Summer. On the other hand, I'm now stuck in the FLL SC waiting for my delayed flight, but I blame that on Mother Nature, not DL.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Good News:

I bought a Y fare a bit over a year ago on NW that turned out to not be refundable. Used half the value on another ticket, leaving me with $600 sitting on a NW voucher. The NW T&Cs specified travel must be completed by the 3/4 expiration date, must be used by the original passenger, and could only be used on one ticket - any residual value would be lost.

With the switchover to the DL system, the NW voucher became a DL credit, which is apparently transferable, DOES cause a new credit to be issued for any value not used, and can be used for travel after the expiration date so long as it is booked prior. (The Delta agent I talked to on the phone did caution me that if I booked travel prior to 3/4 but then wanted to change the ticket after 3/4 that that may not work.)

There was a $20 fee to use the credit over the phone (apparently whether the traveler was Platinum or not), so I tried to book it on the website, and...

...it was spectacularly easy!

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to use a NW voucher number on the DL site, but once I selected a checkbox for 'Pay with credit/certificate', it brought me to a screen where I could then search for credits associated with the skymiles number, and there was the credit with a DL credit number that I didn't have, plus another credit I had forgotten about (probably because it was only $8).

This would be the first time I've tried to do something on the DL website that worked out BETTER than doing a similar activity on the NW website would have.

Completed the process, and in the receipt page was the new credit voucher number for the residual value.

So, today, I find myself amazingly pleased with DL.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
- Delta.com is displaying full line item detail in the account history now.
- The upgrade window is now running a bit earlier for DL flyers.
- NW flyers now get 24 hour posting of flts to the account.
- The flt offerings are now consistently COKE based (sorry - my bias).
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
1)
I used SkyBonus to gift a SkyClub membership to someone. Unfortunately, SkyBonus' redemption process delayed the membership, and after several calls to SkyBonus (BTW, they're EXTREMELY helpful!!!), they were unable to contact the SkyClub desk to ensure the membership would go into effect in time for the recepient.

So, I went ahead and purchased a $90 30-day SkyClub membership. Today, the SkyBonus desk called me to tell me that the delay in contacting the SkyClub membership desk was due to the weather in ATL, and that my $90 30-day membership was going to be credited back to my credit card.

Again, I cannot state enough how helpful the SkyBonus staff are. Much better than the e-mail only support with the old SkyBonus system.

2)
I received FO upgrades at the window for all of my flights this past weekend!

Last edited by Dilemma; Feb 17, 2010 at 12:45 am Reason: spelling error
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by worldexpress
okie..if u insist. i've done the same with a surprisingly pleasant result. so, i'll give you that. but i think the OP is looking for something more substantial in scope.

Hey, I am doing the best with what I am given...

I do agree that the Rollover is good.

I would also agree that the SC membership is good.

These are not exactly new, but hey. We take what we can get right?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Oh, and SkyBonus books and tracks travel much easier than BizPerks did. Put in the Skybonus code once and it remembers it with that FF# forever without pushing you through a different reservation process.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta frequent flyer Gold Medallion Status
1. 50,000 domestic miles in 2009. Upgraded with GM status on all but two short flights.

2. Almost all of our flights were on-time.

3. Negotiated two 35 minutes connections in ATL in December and January.

4. Last few meals were significantly better.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Priority Bag Tags Working!

Flew FLL-JFK and LGA-MCI in past 24 hours and our 2 bags were among the first 4 off the conveyor in both JFK and MCI! FLL agent apologized for not having priority tags. I just smiled and said "no problem" thinking they never seem to matter anyway. I was shocked at JFK when our bags were #1 and #3 off the belt. I noticed the bag tags still said "priority" even though they didn't have the black and yellow sticker. LGA-MCI they had the stickers. Maybe just lucked out, but surprised me very much.

Now if DL could just get the IT kinks worked out.... It's a story for another post, but long story short, DL cancelled our EYW-ATL flight, but didn't call or e-mail me. DL.com mobile wasn't working when I checked at 9 a.m. I checked again at 10 a.m. when I had computer access only to find I had been rebooked for next week! We couldn't spend another week in EYW, so after 3 calls and lots of expertflyer checking, I found a FLL-JFK-MCI connection for later the same day, but was pushing it to get from EYW to FLL in time. Long story short, 2 fatality accidents and 2 road construction problems made us miss it. To make a longer story somewhat short, I found 3 other connections, but DL kept cancelling flights on me (but at least those they called and e-mailed me so I could rebook other options). Ended up FLL-JFK, spend the night, and then LGA to MCI today. Could have saved me $600 in cab fares and hotel and a day of missed work if they'd just e-mailed or called when the EYW flight was cancelled the night before so we could have hit the road for FLL earlier.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL (former NWA) PM
Good News?!?!?!

SY Sun Country out of Minneapolis started to serve three course meals in F, I recenly flew MSP-LAS and enjoyed an app of cheese and crackers, hot meal of turkey dinner with whipped potatoes and green beans, and turtle cheese cake for dessert... All courses served separately.

DL served pretzels on my flight tonight from MIA-MSP at a 5:35 pm departure on a 1501 mile flight. I'm not so happy about the good ship lollipop.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I got a $600 bump (domestic flight).^ I never got more than 300 for a NWA domestic flight bump.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i'll even say something good about .dumb!

once again, delta.com treated me well during irrops... the lack of free flight changes for silvers is a mild annoyance, but as soon as any kind of delay posts on a flight, the web site gets very liberal in what it will allow.. today, i used it to change my destination -- switched from a delayed BOS-TPA to an earlier BOS-MCO, and got where i was going at a reasonable time. nice agents at the gate in BOS (got me into an exit row window), nice crew inflight.. only gripe was that gogo was inop. much better than being on the BOS-TPA redeye this evening!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.