FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   How about some good news? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1052652-how-about-some-good-news.html)

itsaboutthejourney Feb 16, 2010 11:10 am

How about some good news?

Even I'm surprised at the amount of bad news and complaining about DL on these boards lately, even new members to FT are coming out of the woodwork to express frustrations with Delta.

I know the merger is going well from a business end, but the ride has not been so smooth or positive for customers from PMDL and PMNW.

Which begs my question, has there been any good news from Delta recently?

Bangkok Dave Feb 16, 2010 11:19 am

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney (Post 13400499)

Which begs my question, has there been any good news from Delta recently?

None.
OOOPS! edited to add, CO comped me to *G through Feb. 2011. That was very good news for me.

3Cforme Feb 16, 2010 11:21 am

Even I'm surprised at the amount of bad news and complaining about DL on these boards lately...

Do say - what bad news is that? Please be specific.

Jiatong Feb 16, 2010 11:41 am

good news from BJ

Which begs my question, has there been any good news from Delta recently?[/QUOTE]

yes, i have some good news... The Delta lounge at the Beijing airport has new & improved breakfast with more choices.
& when i was in Bangkok last week, & my Air China flight was delayed 4 hours to BJ, The Delta BKK lounge accepted my PT card for 2 people, & my friends Gold card for 2 others, And yes we were all fling economy Air China, a non skyteam member. I was impressed that Delta took care of us in Asia.

Stripe Feb 16, 2010 12:07 pm

I know the merger is going well from a business end

Do we know that?

Thomas Hudson Feb 16, 2010 12:11 pm

1st class seats on CRJ 700s

hnewman Feb 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 13400577)
Do say - what bad news is that? Please be specific.

Like the fact that I put in my PM # and get someone that cannot speak English or help me do a complex exchange and after calling back 5 times I final figure out I need to ask for an Elite agent. Or the fact that our accounts showed no miles or segments for 3 days and the note said check back in a few minutes.

LKYGSR Feb 16, 2010 12:13 pm

reese's peanut butter cups now in the first class snack box....

Other than that.....no good news, pretty sad huh??

Thomas Hudson Feb 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Dumping Seagrams gin for Tanquerey in the ATL Crown Rooms

JasonFlysCheap Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Rollover MQM's ?? Isn't that good news?

bwhite Feb 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Mobile website working again

Account history properly showing segment activity again

Segment qualifiers got rollover based on MQM thresholds as opposed to status level

I've been UG'd on 20/20 flts so far this year.

Ok the last one isn't good news for everyone... ;)

Crazyhotelguy Feb 16, 2010 12:36 pm

They did an IT upgrade and I did not lose any miles....

Thomas Hudson Feb 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Most of the planes are not that ugly color?

I have a whole new covey of Delta Debbies to consort with?

hnewman Feb 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 13401137)
They did an IT upgrade and I did not lose any miles....

Great customer relations letting us know about it on the web site. "Check back in a few minutes" for 3 days.

ClipperDelta Feb 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Since Jan 1 2010:

- All check-in at JFK Terminal 2 always completed in 2 minutes or less; got through TSA in no more than 5 minutes.

- JFK-LHR 76D Business Elite; purser came to offer a bottle of sparkling wine to take with me; could not accept as I was making a connection (liquids rule) but gesture was nice

- Got off a NRT-JFK flight; ground agent recognized me as I entered FIS area and yanked me to front of line. With no bags to claim, total of 6 minutes from time the 777 door opened to exiting Customs.

- On a TATL flight in BE, purser gently persuaded my seat mate to move to other open BE seats so as to provide an empty seat next to me.

- Last week on AMS-EWR on an upgraded Z reservation; flight delayed 4+ hours due to mechanical (and waiting for another plane); rebooked me into J on an earlier KL-operated AMS-JFK flight, no questions asked despite upgrade on the EWR flight; allowed me to make an important dinner in NYC that evening...

Yes, some things are still right in this world....:cool: