Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:21 am

need help from skymiles gurus

i was hoping someone could help me understand how skymiles promotions work. i enrolled for two different bonuses:

1) amex 50% bonus + 25MQM for first time transfers

2) amex 40% rebate back

and in my skymiles account, under Skymiles -> Manage My Account -> View Your Skymiles Promotions ->

You're enrolled in these promotions

You've registered for the following promotions. Take advantage of the promotions that are still active to enjoy benefits such as bonus miles, MQMs, ecertificates, and more.

Forgot what the promotion is all about? Just click on the bolded promotion name to see more information. In some cases, additional information may not be available.
Promotion Name Registered Date Activity Period
Membership Rewards Up to 40% Points Back 02AUG2011 02AUG2011-30SEP2011
Membership Rewards 50% Bonus Miles & MQMs 02AUG2011 02AUG2011-30SEP2011
End of Summary of Individual promotions

i thought that since i was able to enroll just fine in these programs and they show up find in my account that i am fully qualified to receive the promotions. but when i called up delta, to see which promotion would take precedence if i transferred 100K miles from AMEX (or if i would get BOTH promtions), they said that i was not 'qualified' for either promotion according to their systems. does this make sense to anyone??

i believe i signed up for both promotions via slickdeals and was quite sure that these were not targeted promotions.

thanks for the help!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rayfar
i was hoping someone could help me understand how skymiles promotions work. i enrolled for two different bonuses:

1) amex 50% bonus + 25MQM for first time transfers

2) amex 40% rebate back

and in my skymiles account, under Skymiles -> Manage My Account -> View Your Skymiles Promotions ->

You're enrolled in these promotions

You've registered for the following promotions. Take advantage of the promotions that are still active to enjoy benefits such as bonus miles, MQMs, ecertificates, and more.

Forgot what the promotion is all about? Just click on the bolded promotion name to see more information. In some cases, additional information may not be available.
Promotion Name Registered Date Activity Period
Membership Rewards Up to 40% Points Back 02AUG2011 02AUG2011-30SEP2011
Membership Rewards 50% Bonus Miles & MQMs 02AUG2011 02AUG2011-30SEP2011
End of Summary of Individual promotions

i thought that since i was able to enroll just fine in these programs and they show up find in my account that i am fully qualified to receive the promotions. but when i called up delta, to see which promotion would take precedence if i transferred 100K miles from AMEX (or if i would get BOTH promtions), they said that i was not 'qualified' for either promotion according to their systems. does this make sense to anyone??

i believe i signed up for both promotions via slickdeals and was quite sure that these were not targeted promotions.

thanks for the help!
As they're showing up in your account, you're fine. They are not, however, stackable. Read the terms for the 50% offer. If you transfer, you'll see the 50% bonus immediately but you won't be entitled to the 20K back on 50K offer (unless you get lucky and they screw up).
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
As they're showing up in your account, you're fine. They are not, however, stackable. Read the terms for the 50% offer. If you transfer, you'll see the 50% bonus immediately but you won't be entitled to the 20K back on 50K offer (unless you get lucky and they screw up).
is there a reason that the CSRs keep telling me that my account is not qualified?? the reps have advised me not transfer any points
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by rayfar
is there a reason that the CSRs keep telling me that my account is not qualified?? the reps have advised me not transfer any points
If the promo is listed in your account, take a screen shot. The only thing I can think of is that if you aren't a first-time transferer, then the 25K MQMs don't apply. All else should be good to go if it let you register.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
If the promo is listed in your account, take a screen shot. The only thing I can think of is that if you aren't a first-time transferer, then the 25K MQMs don't apply. All else should be good to go if it let you register.
Take a screen shot dated notarized LOL and anything else you can use to demonstrate that it showed you were registered and eligible. DL messes up big tiime , but in reality you should have gotten an " you are not eligible for this. Promo " error when registering if YOU ARE NOT.

I got one when I was not eligible, and when i was eligible I
got my miles when I did not get the error.

you should be good to go with which ever one you choose , but I have heard of people registering for both, and the first 50% promo being applied instead of the second .

Have copies of all your transactions ready.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL PM SC
Which Amex Card

I have the Delta Platinum Amex card. Should I ditch it for a regular Amex card so I can transfer points for the 25k MQMs? Is there another card that would get me a better deal?

Some info on me: Gold this year, probably going to make Platinum. I have a Sky Club membership.

What does it take to qualify for a Delta Reserve or a Amex Platinum (non Delta)?

This would really be for consideration for next years benefit. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta, United, AA, AF
current (post 9/31/11) MR -> SM transfer offers

does anyone know what if any current MR -> SM transfer offers there are now that the 9/31/2011 deadline for many has passed? If there are none do people have an idea of when the next ones might come online?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:30 pm

New Hilton promo that gets 100 RDM + 250 MQM per stay (2 night minimum). Registration required, and must have DL miles selected as earning preference: https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...ltamqms,LP2011

Originally Posted by bobfrapples
What does it take to qualify for a Delta Reserve or a Amex Platinum (non Delta)?
Decent credit should qualify for Platinum Amex, takes a pretty good but not crazy good credit for Reserve. There's a 40K RDM + 15K MQM bonus offer for the Plat card right now. I don't have the link handy, but someone can post it, I'm sure.

Originally Posted by azurkap
does anyone know what if any current MR -> SM transfer offers there are now that the 9/31/2011 deadline for many has passed? If there are none do people have an idea of when the next ones might come online?
None that I know of, but you can be sure they'll show up when and if they come around again. No one knows when they will nor if they will at all, but over the past year or so they've been quite frequent. That could change, however.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 2:57 pm

I believe this is new:

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/londonheathrow/

ENJOY BUSINESS ELITE
WITH A BONUS
EXPERIENCE ELITE LUXURY AND ENJOY
UP TO 150,000 BONUS MILES.

You can earn up to 150,000 bonus miles and use them towards Award Travel on Delta or any of our SkyMiles partner airlines.
Fly round-trip between London Heathrow and the United States in paid BusinessElite® (Fare Classes: J, C, D, I, or S), now through December 31, 2011, and earn up to 150,000 bonus miles. Here’s how:

• 1st round trip earns 25,000 bonus miles.
• 2nd round trip earns 35,000 bonus miles.
• 3rd round trip earns 45,000 bonus miles.
• 4th round trip earns 45,000 bonus miles.

First register by December 15, then book and fly now through
December 31, 2011, on Delta-marketed and -operated or KLM-marketed/Delta-operated nonstop flights between the U.S. and London Heathrow. Tickets must be purchased between October 7 and December 15, 2011, to qualify for this bonus miles offer. It’s a great way to earn up to 150,000 bonus miles.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
I would assume these are not MQMs. Am I right?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jacknut
I would assume these are not MQMs. Am I right?
The full T&Cs are listed on the promo registration page, but as no mention of MQMs is made, I assure you they are just RDMs.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I believe this is new:

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/londonheathrow/

ENJOY BUSINESS ELITE
WITH A BONUS
EXPERIENCE ELITE LUXURY AND ENJOY
UP TO 150,000 BONUS MILES.

You can earn up to 150,000 bonus miles and use them towards Award Travel on Delta or any of our SkyMiles partner airlines.
Fly round-trip between London Heathrow and the United States in paid BusinessElite® (Fare Classes: J, C, D, I, or S), now through December 31, 2011, and earn up to 150,000 bonus miles. Here’s how:
• 1st round trip earns 25,000 bonus miles.
• 2nd round trip earns 35,000 bonus miles.
• 3rd round trip earns 45,000 bonus miles.
• 4th round trip earns 45,000 bonus miles.

First register by December 15, then book and fly now through
December 31, 2011, on Delta-marketed and -operated or KLM-marketed/Delta-operated nonstop flights between the U.S. and London Heathrow. Tickets must be purchased between October 7 and December 15, 2011, to qualify for this bonus miles offer. It’s a great way to earn up to 150,000 bonus miles.
Wow I got this also . I did not read it and thought it was 150k RDMs for one flight. Wonder how much RT BE costs. Does not sound like a bargain to me. It's like one free ticket on 4 flights ?

What happened to BOGOs ?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
10% Skyclub Promo Code for October:

October 2011 - Use DBCRF a during October 2011 and get 10% discount off a SkyClub annual membership, with a donation also given to Delta Breast Cancer Research Fund.

Also, ongoing Sojern 10% discount code: SJN10 still works.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Mandarin Oriental Hotels Stay at any hotel within Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group — our new SkyMiles partner — you will earn 500 miles for each eligible stay and double miles for stays from October 1 through December 31, 2011.
http://www.mandarinoriental.com/delt...rc=email&lid=1
(Bonus, not MQM).
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Wow I got this also . I did not read it and thought it was 150k RDMs for one flight. Wonder how much RT BE costs. Does not sound like a bargain to me. It's like one free ticket on 4 flights ?

What happened to BOGOs ?
Seemed clearly worded to me, "up to 150,000 bonus miles" right in the header, but I suppose if you didn't read it, you wouldn't know. 150,000 RDMs for one flight would amount to buy one, get one and half business class flights free. I don't think the offer is intended to be a bargain, but rather an incentive. Compare the price option for Delta versus other carriers for the same routes/dates/times, and then add in the value of 25,000 RDMs, and if the other carriers are still more appealing, go with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.