Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 2010 DO Update

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 9:06 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Just adding my name to the waitlist and willing to help out in any way I can...

thezipper
Old May 3, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Since we confirmed for the May date last year and you may be considering revamping the reconfirming since this is for a different date. This is to confirm that we will volunteer and attend regardless of date. We will prioriterize this event.

EasternTraveler and IrishEyes
Old May 3, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Actually the system we are using is based on SouthWest Airlines model... Okay I'll be serious. As soon as all the venues and times and dates are set we will be able to open registration and provide all the details on how to get registered and pay.

Just hang tight until the venue and events are set and then we can get rolling.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:49 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by WesNSpace
As soon as all the venues and times and dates are set we will be able to open registration and provide all the details on how to get registered and pay.

Just hang tight until the venue and events are set and then we can get rolling.
Thank you, WesNSpace.

I visited the Internet web site as recently as yesterday and still believe it will do what we need for it to do.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Agreed and I think in the long run it will really help come check-in time as well.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Canarsie,
Please add me +1 to the waitlist. I'm not in the immediate ATL area, but we would probably be driving in and might be able to fill some of the volunteer needs.
Old May 3, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
BTW, lest we forget, here's MikeMpls' site for the 2009 event:

http://www.easyvictor.org/

David
Old May 3, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I am interested, can you put me on the list? BTW, this is my first post, looong time lurker.
Old May 3, 2010, 1:58 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Please put me + 1 on the wait list - Thanks!!!
Old May 3, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Hope I clear a waitlist

Pig flu caused me to miss the event last year (and a bunch of other stuff ) Please add me to the waitlist. As I am local, def willing to assist as well.
Old May 3, 2010, 4:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Please put me on the waitlist as well.

I would be one of those who would not want to make every event. RWT, for example, doesn't really interest me.

What I would hope is that there would be an event or two which could accommodate a fairly large gathering. I am sure that Canarsie has something up his sleeve.

I would also be available as a volunteer to do some advance work.
Old May 3, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Aw heck, I missed the signup. Please add me to the waitlist.
Old May 3, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Please, wait-list me. Thx!
Old May 3, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Consider me a volunteer, not sure exactly what I can do but I am willing.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Smile

WOW… look what happens when you step away for 48 hours. There is an incredible amount of interest for this event, which I think is fantastic! We still have a good deal of time on the planning side working in our favor.

Just so everyone knows, last year our FINAL registrations ran about 65% of the total list of people that indicated that they wanted to attend. People’s personal schedules change, other things happen, and as I stated before, we did clear the entire waitlist prior to the event. Everyone that wanted to attend, got a slot. I simply don’t like leaving anyone out!

Given the much larger potential audience for this year’s event, it will be difficult to guarantee everyone a slot. As Canarsie indicated, we will work closely with Delta, on the format and size of the groups that can be accommodated for each venue.

Like last year, not everyone will attend every venue. For instance, as mentioned elsewhere, we may offer an advanced RWT II training, so those that participated last year, would most likely not sign up for RWT I training (then again, there are SOME that just can’t get enough of a water ditch!). This ISN’T an event that you are IN or OUT for the whole event. As WesNSpace indicated we will new web based technology that will make the registration process much easier and we will be adding new "waitlist" technology.

So, stay tuned… those that attended last year will tell you, the people at Delta that hosted us, bent over backwards and did an outstanding job of accommodating us.

P.S. I always great hearing from everyone, but there is no need to send me a PM asking to be added to the list. We aren't ready to process official registrations at this point. Besides, I will have very little control over that this time around, somone with much better capability and knowledge than me is handling it! We will be sure to everyone a "heads-up" well in advance before the official online registration is actually available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.