US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by lovestotravel49
Sorry if this has been asked before; forty pages is a lot to go through. I know that according to the law, I have 24 hours to cancel a purchased flight and get my money back. My question is, does this law apply to airline tickets purchased with US BANK Flexperks rewards? I tried calling US BANK and was not getting a clear explanation. The CS agent just kept saying that what happens is dependent on the airlines. She couldn't tell me with a simple yes or no if the law applies to rewards points.

I would like to know if I "purchase" a flight with Flexperks Points, and cancel within 24 hours, would those points be redeposited into my Flexperks account?
I asked the same question some 16 months ago and this is what I found out at the time:

Flexperks points will not be refunded - normal airline rules apply to any ticket changes.

I hope this information is helpful.
Old May 7, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by rc408
Did you need a Promo Code for the Flexperks signup or is it just part of the general program?
No code; part of the normal rewards for daily feats. Not
supposed to be terribly fast in posting - said 6-8 weeks.
Old May 8, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
No code; part of the normal rewards for daily feats. Not
supposed to be terribly fast in posting - said 6-8 weeks.
^ Thanks, I'll try to join today.
Old May 9, 2013, 11:42 am

Can anyone tell me if CVS or Walgreens is eligible for the grocery 2x bonus? I need to buy some points with cash gift cards and none of the grocery stores around here sell $500 gift cards.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
My Walmart codes as grocery they have 500 gcs
Old May 9, 2013, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by amolkold
I wasn't targeted for a promo, and I have put a lot of spend since August (I qualify for the fee waiver)
Same here, just got the Needless Markup promo. I s'pose with an optimal points-to-dollars value of 2 cents a point (if you can find a ticket for exactly $400, $600, $800 WITHOUT GOING OVER, like on "The Price is Right") the 3,500 optimally converts to $70 so it's not a bad deal.

OTOH, you look at their stuff and it's easy to remember that Kohl's might have the $50 utility knife on sale at $5 or the $60 gloves at $5. Of course it's not the same manufacturer or the quality level as at NM, though one wonders whether that's noticeable in many cases.

I might make myself do it anyway. After all, the points go toward buying a ticket that earns miles, and I just got back from a trip to Dubai with the main ticket paid by the points.

BTW, I've noticed that some other "double points" cards still have the same points-to-dollars rate because they give out more points but have worse conversion rates to fare dollars, effectively canceling out the double points part. I hope US Bank doesn't have to match this practice just to be competitive. There seems to be a general trend toward trying to break out of the dollar-per-point standard to fool the consumer into thinking he's getting more when he isn't. They just inflate the award cost right along with the points given out, and the net effect is that it's just tougher to understand.

Last edited by RustyC; May 9, 2013 at 8:50 pm
Old May 9, 2013, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by stealph
My Walmart codes as grocery they have 500 gcs
Interesting. Is the 2x grocery bonus something they credit irrespective of other activity, or do you have to spend more on groceries than either gas or airfares to get the 2x part?
Old May 9, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RustyC
Same here, just got the Needless Markup promo. I s'pose with an optimal points-to-dollars value of 2 cents a point (if you can find a ticket for exactly $400, $600, $800 WITHOUT GOING OVER, like on "The Price is Right") the 3,500 optimally converts to $70 so it's not a bad deal.
Actually, if you can make do with the $25 in-flight allowance (which can be used for multiple things), you only need a $375/$575/$775 ticket to get 2cpp.

I've gotten two tickets with FlexPerks so far, one for $397 the other for $392. Got the $25 credit on those as well. Not bad, I think.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Kiva?

Has anyone earned 3x for making loans through Kiva?
Old May 13, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Explore
Has anyone earned 3x for making loans through Kiva?
Yes.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:32 pm

I got the NM promo and bought a $50 NM e-gift card which I then sold to PJ for $42. I figured $8 for the annual fee is a pretty good deal.
Old May 13, 2013, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Got a mailing this week about different ways to earn FlexPoints. On the last page, it listed DailyFeats.com as "Earn FlexPoints for healthy habits."

thank you for this...

promocode: thatsfit50
for 50 free points
Old May 14, 2013, 8:13 pm

White card options?

I applied for the Olympics promo, and received the white card instead with a $10K limit. Unfortunately I didn't notice until much later (rookie mistake). In my last AOR I tried for the Club Carlson card but was denied - too many recent inquiries. Now I get a letter saying the limit on my white card has been increased to $15K.

What are my options here? I have no use for the white card, but I'd still like to get the Club Carlson card. Will US Bank transfer the credit line with a phone call and give the sign-up bonus? Any other good options?
Old May 15, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DBCme
thank you for this...

promocode: thatsfit50
for 50 free points

Thanks it is for new enrollment.

Last edited by milemission; May 15, 2013 at 8:58 am
Old May 31, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I got the NM bonus, and bought ~$50 worth of makeup. My statement just closed, but I don't see the bonus. Terms and conditions say 6-8 weeks. Is everyone else still waiting for their bonus, or should I follow up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.