US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select+ American Express Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Old May 31, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I got the NM bonus, and bought ~$50 worth of makeup. My statement just closed, but I don't see the bonus. Terms and conditions say 6-8 weeks. Is everyone else still waiting for their bonus, or should I follow up?
Same here, and I'm also waiting for the bonus. I'm assuming it'll appear in the next statement.

If not, I'd follow up then.
Old May 31, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by Visconti
Same here, and I'm also waiting for the bonus. I'm assuming it'll appear in the next statement.

If not, I'd follow up then.
Thanks for confirming my hunch.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:21 pm

expiration?

My understanding is Flexperks points expire 5 years after earn, but do you need to keep the card open? Or are the points good for 5 years even with the account closed?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Guidelines for Bonused Spend Percentage?

With my "second-tier" cards such as FlexPerks, I tend to use them mainly for bonus spending opportunities - say grocery spend most months. I might use FP in the future for 3x spending on Kiva loans, which I guess would not displace the 2x I'd earn on grocery.

Any danger of being shut down for say $3-4K spend/month in bonus categories and very little 1x spend? I've also had the REI card for many years, but would it be wise to open a US Bank checking account to broaden the relationship?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by wonderboy
My understanding is Flexperks points expire 5 years after earn, but do you need to keep the card open? Or are the points good for 5 years even with the account closed?
If you close the card you lose the points. Turn them into a gift card or cash before you close the card so you don't lose them if you need to close it. At leat you'll get something.

And the 5 year rule is first in first out so you will lose whatever points you eatrned in that month 5 years ago.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rc408
And the 5 year rule is first in first out so you will lose whatever points you eatrned in that month 5 years ago.
How do you figure out how many points are going to expire how soon?

Has it already been 5 years since the NW WorldPerks card disappeared? (I don't know whether FlexPerks existed before that, but I didn't have any FlexPerks cards before that.)
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
How do you figure out how many points are going to expire how soon?

Has it already been 5 years since the NW WorldPerks card disappeared? (I don't know whether FlexPerks existed before that, but I didn't have any FlexPerks cards before that.)
You need your statement from that month 5 years before. Unfortunately, when I called to get some detailed info the US Bank rep said they can't access it. If you earned 100 points in June 5 years ago then you will lose only those points this month.

Try and call them and see if you can get more detailed info than I was able to get. The person I talked to was very nice but possibly not as tech savvy as another rep.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:32 pm

If I transfer my points to my wife's card and then transfer the points back to my card does that start the five year timer over? If so, then could I do the same with her points, her card to mine and back again to hers? Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:27 pm

Got a retention bonus of 7500 points.

I hit 50k points and trolled Kayak looking for a bookable fare from LAX -> NBO. Found one luckily under $1,000 and booked it.

This card just sent me on my climb to Kilimanjaro. A fare that was next to impossible to book on any other mileage program I have open.

I'm a very happy camper.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch

My Worldperks CC transferred automatically into the Flexperks CC - a completely new product to replace the Worldperks CC, offered at the time to Worldperks members only - on September 30th, 2009
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mixmaster300
If I transfer my points to my wife's card and then transfer the points back to my card does that start the five year timer over? If so, then could I do the same with her points, her card to mine and back again to hers? Thanks
I'd like to know this also...
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by breef
Got a retention bonus of 7500 points.
Congrats! What kind of spend are you putting on the card?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rc408
If you earned 100 points in June 5 years ago then you will lose only those points this month.
Well, I think one of the first things I earned was a sizeable bonus (for a BT, maybe?), so I'd hate to lose that!

But...

Originally Posted by Travelomania
My Worldperks CC transferred automatically into the Flexperks CC - a completely new product to replace the Worldperks CC, offered at the time to Worldperks members only - on September 30th, 2009
That's how I got mine too, I just didn't remember the date. Assuming everyone who got their FlexPerks card as a conversion from their WorldPerks card got them about that same time, it would imply that there will be no 5 year expiration possible until at least sometime well into 2014. (I'm assuming that all WorldPerks points transferred to NW/DL before the card changed over, and everyone started with 0 FlexPerks points at the instant their WorldPerks card changed to FlexPerks.)
Old Jun 5, 2013, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
Congrats! What kind of spend are you putting on the card?
I made a few purchases to clear the bonus and left it dormant for 7-8 months.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I got the NM bonus, and bought ~$50 worth of makeup. My statement just closed, but I don't see the bonus. Terms and conditions say 6-8 weeks. Is everyone else still waiting for their bonus, or should I follow up?
Happy to report that the Neiman Marcus bonus posted exactly 6 weeks after I made my purchase. Puts me just over 40K flexpoints now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.