Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 9:37 am

Do they have any sign up bonus? I presume you have to climb a prety steep ladder for award redemption as their benefits cannot be combined with any airline miles
Old Feb 5, 2005, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Does anyone know if you can convert another MBNA card to the Merill Lynch Visa?
Old Feb 7, 2005, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
Does anyone know if you can convert another MBNA card to the Merill Lynch Visa?
I thought of the same and called MBNA. Wanted to convert my Amtrak card to ML+. But they said that it couldn't be done since they have different legal contracts with each groups (ML, Ebay etc).

So applied for a new application and they approved within a minute or so and gave me an option of moving some of my limit from Amtrak to ML+. It was pretty much painless.

FYI and good luck..
Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:29 am

I had MBNA Elite rewards card before changing it into Amtrak card. There was no new application and I had the same credit limit. Now that amtrak United deal is over, I am thinking of changing it into Fidelity card with 1&1/2% cash back. I hope I should be able to do that. Looks like a pretty decent return with no stings attached like any minimum or so.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:09 am

Programs: spg plat, delta,cont. gold
Merrill + Rewards Redemption Problems

Ok, here's how the free Ritz nights worked for me. First you call up to have the certificates issued & mailed. It took about 8 days .

At the +3 level you do indeed receive four one night stay coupons.

Using them is another issue!!!

I tried several locations durring a 10 day period March 17-27 at the following locations: Batchelor Gulch, Naples, Amelia Island, New York, at all those location I could not get 4 night availablity.

All locations had availability.

So Far No Good, What Gives
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:22 pm

I think trying to book a month or so before your actual stay is gonna be difficult/impossible using a free night cert. I have 5 of these certs from Merrill as well and had no problem booking 3 nights at the San Fran Ritz in mid July. Unfortunately the certs are only good for the standard rooms and not the Club level rooms. I called the hotel and they said they might let me pay the difference to upgrade to the club level, depending on availability at time of check-in.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:53 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, amex cent
Originally Posted by EQ4803
Ok, here's how the free Ritz nights worked for me. First you call up to have the certificates issued & mailed. It took about 8 days .

At the +3 level you do indeed receive four one night stay coupons.

Using them is another issue!!!

I tried several locations durring a 10 day period March 17-27 at the following locations: Batchelor Gulch, Naples, Amelia Island, New York, at all those location I could not get 4 night availablity.

All locations had availability.

So Far No Good, What Gives
I would agree with OP that is spring break and on short notice might be tough. The merrill + 5000 points and exec suite is a nice deal - i need two rooms (3 kids) so I booked one with Merrill + suite and the other with amex centurion so I get benifits for both programs.

You might try orlando
Old Feb 26, 2005, 12:20 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
MERRILL+ Aadvantage Status Match

Okay, just reached the 20,000 MERRILL +2 level. According to literature I saw quoted on this board, I am now eligible to have American match my Continental Gold Elite with Gold status on AA.

Has anyone successfully done this? How long did the process take from the time you mailed the supporting documents?

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by stevens397
Okay, just reached the 20,000 MERRILL +2 level. According to literature I saw quoted on this board, I am now eligible to have American match my Continental Gold Elite with Gold status on AA.
AA Gold in return for CO Gold is hardly a "match."
Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by pacman777
I think trying to book a month or so before your actual stay is gonna be difficult/impossible using a free night cert. I have 5 of these certs from Merrill as well and had no problem booking 3 nights at the San Fran Ritz in mid July. Unfortunately the certs are only good for the standard rooms and not the Club level rooms. I called the hotel and they said they might let me pay the difference to upgrade to the club level, depending on availability at time of check-in.

I tried Boston in June , no luck either. Maybe just bad luck. I haven't given up yet.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by EQ4803
I tried Boston in June , no luck either. Maybe just bad luck. I haven't given up yet.
You are calling the reservation number that is on the certificate right? I think it might be different than the actual ritz reservation line. Thanks for the heads up on the limited availability and difficulty of use. Now I know to book way in advance for my free nights at the Ritz-Maui in the summer of 2006.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:27 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Thank you for another warm, fuzzy and useless response.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by pacman777
You are calling the reservation number that is on the certificate right? I think it might be different than the actual ritz reservation line.
Yes, you must call the reservation number listed on back of the certificates.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by stevens397
Thank you for another warm, fuzzy and useless response.

LOL, thats EXACTLY what I was thinking when I read it.

Ken in Phx
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:40 am

I think that what UpgradeME is trying to say is that AA Gold is their first level (or tier) of their elite program. Continental's OnePass Gold is their second level (or tier) of their elite program.

A proper and more equal match of the two programs would be OnePass Silver would equal AAdvantage Gold.

(Now, debating whether those two are equal is a different story and one that is off-topic for this thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.