Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Which airlines? Only some domestic airlines are included.
Southwest
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka
Southwest
Do you see the credit showing on the benefits page as mentioned earlier in this thread? That posts faster than the actual credit.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:43 pm

Small increases to a WN ticket seems to work. I changed a ticket which costed $16 more and the charge got credited.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:14 pm

Just used the card for a Delta award ticket (it was a one-way itinerary Caribbean to US) and the taxes/fees portion are showing as credited in the app. Actual credit hasn't posted yet, but will update if it doesn't for some reason.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:21 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Just confirming what's already known. $50 AA eGC worked.

LAX
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:56 pm

Does BofA pay the 3% travel rebate on purchases that are reimbursed or does the credit wipe it out? Not a big deal, but I'm just curious. The CSR card lets you keep the 3%.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
We’re almost at the end of the year and I still haven’t been able to make use of the $100 airline reimbursement.

Anyone know if two $50 Delta eGift cards would qualify for reimbursement? I saw that someone here had it work on AA.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:55 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
I would review the recent discussion in this thread before deciding to buy Delta giftcards. They now seem to have more than one entity/merchant account processing the transactions:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-dl-only.html
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by tangfish
We’re almost at the end of the year and I still haven’t been able to make use of the $100 airline reimbursement.

Anyone know if two $50 Delta eGift cards would qualify for reimbursement? I saw that someone here had it work on AA.
Since someone mentioned this in the regular thread for the card, does anyone know if this rebate is a calendar year basis, or a statement year basis? if it's based on statement year (as CSR is), it might be too late for the 2017 credit unless your statement hasn't closed yet.

I just got approved the card (waiting for it to be delivered) but my statement closing isn't until 1/18 so I am out of luck if it's a statement year.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:30 pm

It is calendar year. For me, the credits posted as credit transactions before the first statement closed.

You are eligible for a statement credit of up to $100 each calendar year if you make qualifying airline incidental transactions. To qualify, you must use your Premium Rewards® credit card to pay all airline incidental transactions. Allow 7 days from qualifying for the statement credit to post to your account.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Does BofA pay the 3% travel rebate on purchases that are reimbursed or does the credit wipe it out? Not a big deal, but I'm just curious. The CSR card lets you keep the 3%.
The credit does not wipe out the points earned on the airline incidental purchase.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by B747SP
It is calendar year. For me, the credits posted as credit transactions before the first statement closed.
Thanks! So I guess I should buy some AA gift cards to use my 2017 credit as soon as I get the physical card (hopefully tomorrow). Too bad JetBlue doesn't sell gift cards anymore (or didn't when I last checked).
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:07 pm

Maybe MisterBill could triple dip then - buy a gift card this week, next year, and first week of Jan 2019 - and then cancel before the next annual fee?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Originally Posted by mia
I would review the recent discussion in this thread before deciding to buy Delta giftcards. They now seem to have more than one entity/merchant account processing the transactions:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-dl-only.html
Thanks Mia, I just read that thread, and as others have found it did just work on Delta for my Amex reimbursement. But I’m wondering if it would work for this Premium Rewards visa because those T&C specifically say it doesn’t include gift cards, and only on some airlines (they don’t even mention which ones).

Has anyone had eGift cards reimbursed for an airline other than AA?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:42 pm

FYI, I posted your response in the other thread and someone said "ps. the CSR also posts the credits before the statement cuts, so this doesn't indicate one way or another. CSR has a counter on your account page which tells you how much credit you have left (which should reset on your Dec statement date).

If someone has used their 2017 credit wants to be a guinea pig and try making a new purchase, we should be able to tell how it works. If you get the credit, then we know it's statement year. If you don't, it's calendar year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.