Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by Blind and Green
Purchased $100 AA Gift Card on 2/12; posted on 2/14; credit posted on 2/16.

Wish I would've remembered to do it in December as well.
Have you tried calling bank of america to see if they would make an exception to get another credit since you did not do in december
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:37 pm

Last weekend I purchased a last minute one-way ticket using a Electronic Ticket Certificate on United websites. Got reimbursed the remaining amount today. I bought other round-trip tickets for the future without reimbursement, which is as expected. Not sure why my 1-way and last minute ticket got reimbursed? Not complaining though.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:38 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by dinkoh
Last weekend I purchased a last minute one-way ticket using a Electronic Ticket Certificate on United websites. Got reimbursed the remaining amount today. I bought other round-trip tickets for the future without reimbursement, which is as expected. Not sure why my 1-way and last minute ticket got reimbursed? Not complaining though.
How much was the reimbursed amount? If it was small, perhaps BA thought it was a fee. I think I read somewhere that someone got a low value (may have been partial, too) WN ticket reimbursed.

LAX
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
How much was the reimbursed amount? If it was small, perhaps BA thought it was a fee. I think I read somewhere that someone got a low value (may have been partial, too) WN ticket reimbursed.

LAX
Just got another "small" reimbursement again for another ticket I got. This time it was $21. You may be right.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:18 am

Anyone know if the airline credit would work buying seats on AA flights, on flights booked Avios thru BA?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
This thread is screaming for a Wikipost that lists: spending that works for airline expense reimbursement Would one of the knowledgeable posters be willing to start one? I don't have this card or I would do it. Anyone with 90 posts and 90 days of membership is eligible. The link is under Thread Tools.

TIA
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
If I have 2 Premium Rewards cards, then am I eligible for two sets of reimbursements (one per account)? I have a travel rewards card that i'd like to product change to premium rewards to grab an additional airline credit for this year.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
If I have 2 Premium Rewards cards, then am I eligible for two sets of reimbursements (one per account)? I have a travel rewards card that i'd like to product change to premium rewards to grab an additional airline credit for this year.
Part of their terms and conditions you can't get a premium card if you already have one. So if you PC to it and try to apply, they'll probably reject your app
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by trikotret

Part of their terms and conditions you can't get a premium card if you already have one. So if you PC to it and try to apply, they'll probably reject your app
I already have a Premium Rewards and a travel rewards card. I was wondering if it was allowed for me to P.C. the travel rewards to a second premium rewards card and grab some more airline reimbursements?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by philemer
This thread is screaming for a Wikipost that lists: spending that works for airline expense reimbursement Would one of the knowledgeable posters be willing to start one? I don't have this card or I would do it. Anyone with 90 posts and 90 days of membership is eligible. The link is under Thread Tools.

TIA
Hi, I created a wikipost of what's been reported so far.

Has anyone trying buying AA 500-mile upgrades?

Last edited by rrgg; Apr 20, 2018 at 10:02 am
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:23 pm

WN Early Bird, charged 4/20, reimbursed 4/25
Old May 2, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by rrgg

Has anyone trying buying AA 500-mile upgrades?
I'd be curious about this, as well?
Old May 14, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: American, Alaska, United & IHG
Thumbs up $100 AA gift card

Purchased 1 $100 AA gift card on 5/8 and it showed up on the rewards page on 5/14
Old May 25, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by rvandeut
Purchased 1 $100 AA gift card on 5/8 and it showed up on the rewards page on 5/14
Do we have to select your airline or it just works?
Old May 25, 2018, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by jasmians
Do we have to select your airline or it just works?
There is no airline selection on BoA
rvandeut likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.