Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.








Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:19 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by ShakuniMama
I was wondering if my BoA Premium Rewards Card airline credit will cover the cost of seat assignment on Etihad ?
TIA
]Nope. it only covers the following airlines:

They list the following merchant category codes as qualifying:
  • 3000, 3001, 3057, 3058, 3063, 3066, 3132, 3174, 3196 or 3256
    • 3000 – United.
    • 3001 – American Airlines.
    • 3057 – East/West Airline (Australia)
    • 3058 – Delta
    • 3063 – US Airways
    • 3066 – Southwest
    • 3132 – Frontier
    • 3174 – Jet Blue
    • 3196 – Hawaiin
    • 3256 – Alaskan
korea71, ShakuniMama and hsmama like this.
Darvin Ray is offline  
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:24 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by verneg
I'm actually surprised there are essentially zero DL data points for GC purchases in this thread. Is this really all we know?
  • AA GCs work (in $50 and $100 denominations)
  • WN GCs do not work
Here's lot of datapoints in "Doctor of Credit" site. Site is not allowing me to post URL. But you can google "What Triggers The Bank of America Premium Rewards $100 Travel Credit?"
Darvin Ray is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:15 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 91
Just a few more data points.

AS - covers the small remaining balance of a flight purchased with travel credit (~$18).
SW - tax/fees paid after using SW points ($~5).
dinkoh is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:13 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 258
Originally Posted by dinkoh
Just a few more data points.

AS - covers the small remaining balance of a flight purchased with travel credit (~$18).
SW - tax/fees paid after using SW points ($~5).
Thanks for the data point about Alaska. I wonder what the dollar threshold is for credit to be applied.
robchow is offline  
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:06 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Doha, Qatar
Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Posts: 798
Hi All,

Is there any chance that UA gift cards work?

Thanks,

Timo
timo469 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:53 am
  #156  
formerly atomicfront
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 171
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
redeemed all my $100 credits using southwest award tickets. This was easy.
How many credits did you have? You can only get one Premium Rewards card at one time correct?
catsfroggy1 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:59 am
  #157  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
redeemed all my $100 credits using southwest award tickets. This was easy.
By booking regular seats?
hsmama is offline  
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:16 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 162
Originally Posted by Auerbach
Ok, thanks. As of today still no credit and travel rewards shows no usage, but it has only been 6 days. Will keep checking.
Originally Posted by quizzer25
You should get it in 7-10 days from transaction date.
13 days ago I paid for taxes on an AA award booking but I see no reference to a bonus online. Should I only count working days or are award bookings ineligible?


Last edited by flew-d-coop; Aug 10, 2018 at 8:42 am Reason: Edit: maybe this failed because it is a flight to Jamaica (PHL to MBJ)
flew-d-coop is offline  
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:39 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: BUR
Posts: 148
I'm having trouble getting JetBlue inflight food reimbursed. Drinks work fine because they are coded as "JETBLUE INFLIGHT". Food is coded as "Jet Blue Gate Retail". Bank of America says they will not reimburse those charges.
PlaneSpotter is offline  
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:18 pm
  #160  
formerly atomicfront
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 171
Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
13 days ago I paid for taxes on an AA award booking but I see no reference to a bonus online. Should I only count working days or are award bookings ineligible?

Mine is not as old as yours but 10 days now. I was going to call today but realized that I had sock drawer the card after putting the charge on it. I will call tomorrow and ask for credit.
catsfroggy1 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:55 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 162
Originally Posted by atomicfront
Mine is not as old as yours but 10 days now. I was going to call today but realized that I had sock drawer the card after putting the charge on it. I will call tomorrow and ask for credit.
Did you too try to get a credit for taxes/fees on an award ticket?

I was hoping this would work itself out - didn't want to deal with customer service and the likelihood that they would want to deduct points for the transaction instead of using the incidental airline expense reimbursement.
flew-d-coop is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:56 am
  #162  
formerly atomicfront
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 171
Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
Did you too try to get a credit for taxes/fees on an award ticket?

I was hoping this would work itself out - didn't want to deal with customer service and the likelihood that they would want to deduct points for the transaction instead of using the incidental airline expense reimbursement.
Yeah AA award ticket to Paris. I have no points so that won't be an issue for me.
catsfroggy1 is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:00 am
  #163  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 668
Originally Posted by PlaneSpotter
I'm having trouble getting JetBlue inflight food reimbursed. Drinks work fine because they are coded as "JETBLUE INFLIGHT". Food is coded as "Jet Blue Gate Retail". Bank of America says they will not reimburse those charges.
Seems like it's the merchant category code (MCC) that is probably the issue here, not the merchant name. What did the food show up as?

From the table above with qualifying airlines/MCC's:
  • 3174 – Jet Blue

Last edited by MisterBill; Aug 15, 2018 at 1:29 pm
MisterBill is offline  
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:35 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 785
United change fee hasn't posted

I charged $200 for a ticket change fee on United. It's only been 5 days but the $100 incidental credit has not shown up yet. Bad sign or just not enough time?

Is there a way to see if my credit has been used up? On Amex it's easy but on BofA I can't figure out how to see whether I'm done or not.
huge is offline  
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:50 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 556
Originally Posted by huge
I charged $200 for a ticket change fee on United. It's only been 5 days but the $100 incidental credit has not shown up yet. Bad sign or just not enough time?

Is there a way to see if my credit has been used up? On Amex it's easy but on BofA I can't figure out how to see whether I'm done or not.
Not enough time, it takes quite a while for the credit to appear.

There's a tracker that shows how much of the credit you have redeemed under the Rewards tab on the BoA website - click the blue "View rewards & benefits" button to get to the page with the tracker.
NYCFlyer10001 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.