Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles

The main thread for this new card (as of October 2017 anyway) is about 50% related to what works and doesn't work for the $100 annual "incidental airline expense" reimbursement.

So far it's been determined that the use of the $100 shows up in the phone app several days before the actual reimbursement posts to the account.

American Airlines $50 gift card was reported to be reimbursed.

Please report your failures and successes in using the airline reimbursement here, including what the purchase was, which airline, how you purchased it (i.e. online or some other way), and the dollar amount.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:05 am

Doesn't work:
- $100 southwest gift card (been 7 days for me)

- random amount <$20 southwest gift card
From the other thread: "I did a random amount Southwest gc (under $20)....Officially been 7 days and nothing indicated in app or otherwise, so it doesn't look good."

- $50 Delta card
From doctorofcredit comments: "Tried $50 Delta eGC for travel credit. Charge description is “DELTA AIR Gift Card DELTA.COM CA”. Does not show toward annual $100 credit in app. It was worth a shot."
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:07 am

I bought 2 $50 American Airline gift cards today, will report back if they work or not
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by zzjzz
I bought 2 $50 American Airline gift cards today, will report back if they work or not
American airlines GC is the safest bet to get back based on data points from Doc. Hope to get the confirmation from you in a week.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:32 am

Hmm...posted yesterday but app doesn't show anything yet.. still hopeful though.

Sort of unrelated but apparently the global entry fee doesn't get reimbursed until after the statement close. At least that's what the BoA rep told me when I called because it's been over 10 days since I paid the global entry fee.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by zzjzz
Hmm...posted yesterday but app doesn't show anything yet.. still hopeful though.

Sort of unrelated but apparently the global entry fee doesn't get reimbursed until after the statement close. At least that's what the BoA rep told me when I called because it's been over 10 days since I paid the global entry fee.
Since this is a new card, I appreciate all the information you're providing.

Global entry fee doesn't get credit until after statement closes for a lot of cards, like Citi Prestige.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by quizzer25
American airlines GC is the safest bet to get back based on data points from Doc. Hope to get the confirmation from you in a week.
Confirmed that both $50 AA giftcards showed up in the app as qualifying!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:30 pm
Original Member

I received a $100 credit on a $126 charge for upgrading to premium economy an American.

I paid the $126 fee a week after redeeming the miles for travel. I didn't want the fee to look like a ticket charge.

The upgraded seat is on an AA flight originating in Europe and arriving in the U.S. I thought I read in BOA's terms and conditions that the fee must involve domestic travel to qualify. I may be mistaken on that, or the system does not really distinguish this.

It is a shame that AA started charging for this on award travel seats.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:28 pm

Bought two drinks on a Southwest flight and it hasn't posted. Been about 5 days now though charge still shows as pending...will update once it posts but feels like Southwest isn't included in this credit for some reason, whereas American firing on any and all purchases.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by rooney
Bought two drinks on a Southwest flight and it hasn't posted. Been about 5 days now though charge still shows as pending...will update once it posts but feels like Southwest isn't included in this credit for some reason, whereas American firing on any and all purchases.
You should be able to call and get it adjusted if it ends up not working
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:57 am

Southwest EBCI works. Took about 9 days.
hsmama likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:30 pm

Southwest InFlight WiFi worked...$8 credited. $10 in drinks on same flight did not. Those might still be pending because they got processed three days later for some reason. Will update accordingly.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:52 pm

Drinks finally posted and triggered the credit, so it looks like for SW, inflight is a go and GC is a no go. And each line item specifically says "inflight" on the statement if it's an in-flight purchase.
hsmama likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:17 pm

I put a Southwest award flight on the card and the $11.20 in taxes and fess for the flight triggered the reimbursement.
hsmama likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:13 am

I bought two American Airlines gift cards two days ago. Still no reimbursement. How long does it usually take?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.