Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:32 pm

AA gc on oneworld partner airlines

I see from AA website that AA gift cards can be used on one world alliance partners like British Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Qatar etc.
Has anyone used AA gc on these flight bookings? If yes, does it need to be used directly on the airline websites or can be used on travel agent/aggregator sites (priceline/justfly) etc?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:43 am

Purchased a $100 virtual AA gift card on 12/22, credit posted to the account on 12/28.

Will probably wait until after the statement closes to do the same for the 2018 credit.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:59 am

So, I booked a couple of AA award tickets on Tuesday. I paid $11.20 in taxes and $83.60 in seat upgrade fees. The purchase posted to my account on Thursday and as of this morning, I see the entire $94.80 showing up under the 2017 “Airline Incidental Statement Credit”, although I do not have the credit yet (but that's not a concern). Hopefully the meter switches back to zero tomorrow and doesn't change back to $94.80 when the credit actually posts to my account in 2018.

Update: the meter did reset on 1/1. Hopefully nothing changes when the credit posts.

Update 2: my credits posted today, dated 12/30. 2018 meter still shows $0. All is good!

All of the charges posted under MCC 144, which posts on the DOC website indicated was how previous charges had shown up (and worked for the credit).

Last edited by MisterBill; Jan 4, 2018 at 4:23 pm
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:32 am

Just confirmed that the $100 Travel credit reset for the calendar year, ($100 Annual Airline Incidental Statement Credit
-Total credit: $0.00 Available: $100.00). I had previously redeemed in December for an AA e-gift card.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I bought a AA gift card one day late and it happen jan 1 rather than december 31, does anyone know if bank of america will make any exception in having them let me use my 2017 credit to apply to my jan 1 purchase of 2018
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:19 pm

After 30 days from transaction date and like 4 phone calls following up on the credit, it finally posted right before the end of 2017.

It was a much longer process than expected. The credit looks to be a manual override by the staff instead of a auto-credit for travel reimbursement. After multiple calls, I have come to a conclusion that most of the staff was not even aware of the card benefits and took a long time in verification what I was talking about, then confirming if the charge was valid for airline incidents. Lack of training I must say!!!!!

PS: my charge was confirmed by rep on 2nd call that it did qualify for airline incident based on the codes being used. However, they don't know why credit was never posted.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid
I bought a AA gift card one day late and it happen jan 1 rather than december 31, does anyone know if bank of america will make any exception in having them let me use my 2017 credit to apply to my jan 1 purchase of 2018
If I had to guess, I'd say the odds are somewhere between slim and none especially since you're going to get your credit (albeit for 2018) .
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by ponickka
After 30 days from transaction date and like 4 phone calls following up on the credit, it finally posted right before the end of 2017.

It was a much longer process than expected. The credit looks to be a manual override by the staff instead of a auto-credit for travel reimbursement. After multiple calls, I have come to a conclusion that most of the staff was not even aware of the card benefits and took a long time in verification what I was talking about, then confirming if the charge was valid for airline incidents. Lack of training I must say!!!!!

PS: my charge was confirmed by rep on 2nd call that it did qualify for airline incident based on the codes being used. However, they don't know why credit was never posted.
What did you purchase
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, SPG Plat, MAR Plat
Just an FYI: some phone agents believe the $100 airline credit is based on cardmember year and will give out incorrect information. I had to call multiple times and ultimately speak to a supervisor to receive confirmation that the credit is based on the calendar year.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:52 pm

Question

Any data points out there/has anyone managed to get $200 incidental credit ($100 in 2017 and $100 in 2018)?

Update: I found the meter on the BOA app for 2018, showing $0, despite my incidental airline credit posting on Jan 3.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by MisterBill
So, I booked a couple of AA award tickets on Tuesday. I paid $11.20 in taxes and $83.60 in seat upgrade fees. The purchase posted to my account on Thursday and as of this morning, I see the entire $94.80 showing up under the 2017 “Airline Incidental Statement Credit”, although I do not have the credit yet (but that's not a concern). Hopefully the meter switches back to zero tomorrow and doesn't change back to $94.80 when the credit actually posts to my account in 2018.

Update: the meter did reset on 1/1. Hopefully nothing changes when the credit posts.

Update 2: my credits posted today, dated 12/30. 2018 meter still shows $0. All is good!

All of the charges posted under MCC 144, which posts on the DOC website indicated was how previous charges had shown up (and worked for the credit).

Last edited by ocsrubik; Jan 6, 2018 at 1:40 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:48 pm

Anyone have a good way to liquidate AA gift cards at better than 80-85 cents on the dollar? Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:57 am

So are WN EBCI or taxes/fees crediting without a problem?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:28 am

Has anyone received 2018 credit, or progress on the meter, for anything other than AA GC? Several reports of people waiting for 2018 credits which seem to be taking longer than 2017. Perhaps they are just backed up but a DP of any type of credit would be helpful.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by jnb_tx
Has anyone received 2018 credit, or progress on the meter, for anything other than AA GC? Several reports of people waiting for 2018 credits which seem to be taking longer than 2017. Perhaps they are just backed up but a DP of any type of credit would be helpful.
My AA GC purchase billed on 1/3 and still no credit. I wonder if we had to wait for the Jan statement to close for BOA's crappy system to reset it or something like that. Not feeling great about it at this point. Still showing $0 in the app too.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, SPG Plat, MAR Plat
Originally Posted by Macosty
My AA GC purchase billed on 1/3 and still no credit. I wonder if we had to wait for the Jan statement to close for BOA's crappy system to reset it or something like that. Not feeling great about it at this point. Still showing $0 in the app too.
<br /><br /><em>UPDATE:</em> I charged one $50 AA eGC on 1/8 and it showed in "the meter" on 1/11. Charged another $50 AA eGC on 1/9 and it showed in the meter on 1/12. I'm still waiting for the actual credits to hit my account.

Last edited by Livingintheair; Jan 12, 2018 at 6:06 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.