Search
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:12 pm

Is there any way to get more value out of the points? I have the points posted and was wondering if I should just cash out on them (Plat member).

Last edited by ponickka; Nov 3, 2017 at 5:12 pm Reason: correction
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ponickka
Is there any way to get more value out of the points? I have the points posted and was wondering if I should just cash out on them (Plat member).
I think that's the best value.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by slickvik
Any idea how to trigger the airline fee credit?
Yes. I used it on a seat upgraded and it triggered quickly.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Applied today. Denied. Recon said too many new accounts. I'm at 5/12, 11/24.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:06 pm

I got over 6 cards this year and was approved instantly...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:33 pm

BOA Limit on Number of Cardss

I received an E-mail saying I was approved, but today got a phone call saying on further review they had canceled the card since I had too many BOA cards. The issues was not one of exposure since they had reallocated credit from another card for this.

I had 15 BOA personal cards accumulated from years of being a customer.

I consolidated the credit lines on three travel cards and also on 3 other cards that were little used. I did make the mistake of keeping the oldest of the travel cards, which I now realize may cost me a few points on the travel card I was using.

While at the time I could think of no reason for keeping three travel cards, I now realize that having my teenage sons on card with a limit of over $100,000 is not ideal.

I did learn they had no lower age limit for authorized users so I put my youngest on also (elementary school), but I do not plan to give him access to the card. The idea is that when he does want credit, he will have a long history.

The hope was that after a few days I could apply again, but she could not promise. anything. I was told that within 30 days they would use the credit report on file.

Has anyone had any experience with this situation, and how long I should wait before applying again.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Originally Posted by aGeist
They will shut you down for MS on their 2%+ cards regardless of your status.
If you cycle over your CL in a month, sure; but petty MS at Simon or CVS will not shut you down.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm sort of new to the CC game here. I only have one BoA card and it's a basic Visa that I've had for about 11 years. I'm assuming the BoA Premium Rewards card is the best travel card from BoA? Is this card easy for me to upgrade to? My credit score is in the 750 range according to my BoA account. I don't see any income requirement on the website. Is there one? What should I do to maximize my chance of getting this card?

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dinkoh
I'm somewhat similar to you. I like the BOA Premium card and will probably keep it for a year, but with the new Uber card, the Premium card may not be worth it. Uber covers dining @ 4% and travel @ 3%. Depending on your travel/food ratio, I'd say Premium vs Uber cancel out.

Uber is no AF while the Premium is $95. I don't think the BOA premium card is worth getting now.
Wow! That Uber Visa is hell of a card and no AF? How can BoA compete against Uber?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nick5000
Does this card give 10% bonus for just having a Bank of America checking account, as the regular trawel rewards does?
I would like to know too. I'm assuming any BoA checking account will count including their ancient history e-bank account?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,
Travel credit data point:
  • 10/30 in flight purchase - credited on 11/04
  • 11/06 bag fee - credited on 11/09
  • 11/14 $50 AA egift card - credited on 11/18
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I would like to know too. I'm assuming any BoA checking account will count including their ancient history e-bank account?
Nope.. I just collected my bonus into an e-bank account. No 10% CB on top of the deposit.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:10 pm

If you are a Preferred Rewards member, your bonus is calculated at the time the rewards are earned for the Travel and Premium Rewards cards. So the amount you deposit includes your bonus, there is no additional bonus at the time of deposit (like how the Cash Rewards card works). I assume this is also the case for the 10% bonus for being a BoA checking/savings customer, but it looks like the 10% bonus is not applicable on the Premium card.
dw likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:55 pm

I plan on just cashing out Rewards. Does it make more sense to get the cash rewards version? Or is it better to get eh Travel Rewards?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cdog999
I plan on just cashing out Rewards. Does it make more sense to get the cash rewards version? Or is it better to get eh Travel Rewards?
It all depends if you can take advantage of the airline credits with Bofa premium card. You will be making 2.625-3.5 if you are a preferred client. You can also cash out the rewards with Bofa premium card at 1%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.