Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by starkiss69
My card should be here in a few days. I'll try to be the DP if there aren't any by that time. Wish me luck.

Waiting for you and others on gift cards triggering $100 travel credit.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:15 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
AA Virtual Gift Cards

I can confirm that a $50 AA virtual gift card did count for the airline incidental credit. ^

(Which didn't come as a huge surprise since they also trigger Amex's airline incidental credits.)

While the credit itself hasn't shown up on my online activity yet, if you use the BofA app, after selecting the credit card account, you can go to "Premium Rewards Benefits", and there will be an indicator showing how much of the incidental credit you've used for the year. Clicking on "View Activity" will show an itemized list of the transactions that have triggered the credit. For some reason, this feature is not yet active on the BofA web site (it directs you to use the app on the web site).
diseased, quizzer25 and WorldWarZ like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by dw
I can confirm that a $50 AA virtual gift card did count for the airline incidental credit. ^

(Which didn't come as a huge surprise since they also trigger Amex's airline incidental credits.)

While the credit itself hasn't shown up on my online activity yet, if you use the BofA app, after selecting the credit card account, you can go to "Premium Rewards Benefits", and there will be an indicator showing how much of the incidental credit you've used for the year. Clicking on "View Activity" will show an itemized list of the transactions that have triggered the credit. For some reason, this feature is not yet active on the BofA web site (it directs you to use the app on the web site).
Thanks for sharing.
BOShappyflyer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Anyone know what exactly the road dispatch service limit is? How much they cover per call or what does this service cover?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:01 am

Uber?

Had anyone successfully used Uber with this card? My account won't let me use it, and Uber support says that the card isn't compatible with their system. Weird.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinkoh
Had anyone successfully used Uber with this card? My account won't let me use it, and Uber support says that the card isn't compatible with their system. Weird.
I just added the card to my Uber acct and it accepted it
quizzer25 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is it possible to cash out rewards on the BofA Travel Rewards card by transferring to the BofA Premium Rewards card? If so, is it at full value?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ralphs
Is it possible to cash out rewards on the BofA Travel Rewards card by transferring to the BofA Premium Rewards card? If so, is it at full value?
Yes you can and you get full value. That's what I did when I first got the premium card. You can either get statement credit on the premium card or electronic deposit in your checking acct.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:05 pm

I'm a platinum honors member and have travel rewards only currently. Planning to apply for the premium rewards card and convert the travel to cash rewards.
Any cons for doing this?
For the $100 incidence credit, if I buy the american airlines gift card, how do i resell it if am not planning to use it in the near future?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:39 am

bought a $100 southwest gc...we'll see if it counts or not
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by quizzer25
I'm a platinum honors member and have travel rewards only currently. Planning to apply for the premium rewards card and convert the travel to cash rewards.
Any cons for doing this?
For the $100 incidence credit, if I buy the american airlines gift card, how do i resell it if am not planning to use it in the near future?
The only con with converting is that you would miss out on the signup bonus on the Cash Rewards card. A nice chunk of cash if you are platinum honors status.
quizzer25 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by DrForce
The only con with converting is that you would miss out on the signup bonus on the Cash Rewards card. A nice chunk of cash if you are platinum honors status.
Valid point. But my travel rewards is the oldest credit card (converted from worldpoints) and dont want to lose my history.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:08 am

Well the $100 southwest gift card purchase confirmed, but no indication that it applied for the travel credit. Meh
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by zzjzz
Well the $100 southwest gift card purchase confirmed, but no indication that it applied for the travel credit. Meh
Did you try this?

Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:39 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by dw
As a follow up, it did take a full week (which is in line with the time frame specified in the T&Cs) from the time the charge posted to my account for the credit to post.
Khiaao likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.