Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
It all depends if you can take advantage of the airline credits with Bofa premium card. You will be making 2.625-3.5 if you are a preferred client. You can also cash out the rewards with Bofa premium card at 1%
I don't plan on taking the airline credits but you never know. I'm a preferred client (Platinum honors or whatever it is called). Is there any downside to getting the Rewards over the Cash version?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Spent 3k got my points on first statement, cashed them out to my BOA account. Not the greatest reward but $500 free plus cash back for spending is still a 20% return almost
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Looks like BofA coming out with a business version preferred rewards. You can earn up to 75% on certain business cards. Its called Business Advantage Relationship Rewards. To start early 2018. https://promo.bankofamerica.com/Rela...U8SO0101#foot2
ralphs likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Looks like BofA coming out with a business version preferred rewards. You can earn up to 75% on certain business cards. Its called Business Advantage Relationship Rewards. To start early 2018. https://promo.bankofamerica.com/Rela...U8SO0101#foot2

Can you provide a screenshot by chance as when I go to the link listed above it shows forbidden.

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Joe1690
Can you provide a screenshot by chance as when I go to the link listed above it shows forbidden.

Thanks!

Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:49 am
jk2

Am I correct, that redeeming reward points from Bofa Premium rewards card is different from Bofa Travel rewards card? Unless I am missing something, points from Premium rewards Visa cover future travel (hotel/flights/car/etc), while points from Travel rewards can be used to cover any travel related purchase in the past.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jk2
Am I correct, that redeeming reward points from Bofa Premium rewards card is different from Bofa Travel rewards card? Unless I am missing something, points from Premium rewards Visa cover future travel (hotel/flights/car/etc), while points from Travel rewards can be used to cover any travel related purchase in the past.
You can cash out the points at 1% rate for BofA premium card just like any cash back card. But the BofA travel card Can redeem at 1% rate against any future or past Travel related charges.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:32 am

You can cash out the points at 1% rate for BofA premium card just like any cash back card. But the BofA travel card Can redeem at 1% rate against any future or past Travel related charges.
I'd missed that part of the card, for some reason I thought it was the same as the travel card, so good to know! I just gave in and applied for the card and was approved. Only got a $5k CL but hopefully I can call and get it increased, worst case I move $5k from an little used Cash Rewards card, although I'd like more since I have some estimated income taxes to pay. Presumably BofA will not have a problem with my charging federal and state income taxes. I am a PR Platinum Honors customer so I'll get 2.625% back. Will also see if I can get them to send me the card quickly so I have it in time to pay state taxes by the end of the year. I'm fairly sure BofA branches can't generate credit cards as they can at some banks.

I recall reading somewhere (but can't find it now) that someone had not seen a refund on their TSA Precheck fee after several weeks. Is that still an issue or will I get refunded promptly? I have it for myself thru CSR but I figure I'll get it for my wife. I didn't get Global Entry for myself because I wasn't near someplace to do the interview, so no sense getting it for my wife.

I have some flights next year where I will have to pay baggage fees, so spending for the $100 airline fee credit won't be a problem.

Last edited by MisterBill; Dec 20, 2017 at 1:37 am
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by MisterBill
I recall reading somewhere (but can't find it now) that someone had not seen a refund on their TSA Precheck fee after several weeks. Is that still an issue or will I get refunded promptly? I have it for myself thru CSR but I figure I'll get it for my wife. I didn't get Global Entry for myself because I wasn't near someplace to do the interview, so no sense getting it for my wife.
It's been 4 weeks and my Global Entry re-application fee hasn't been refunded. I called BOA to look into it. Sort of annoying that I had spend time to do this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by dinkoh
It's been 4 weeks and my Global Entry re-application fee hasn't been refunded. I called BOA to look into it. Sort of annoying that I had spend time to do this.
That's disappointing. With CSR, it was immediate, as I recall.

Last edited by MisterBill; Dec 20, 2017 at 11:24 am
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:53 pm

I called CS and got them to expedite mailing of the card, I should have it tomorrow. Because I'm a PH level member, they waived the expediting fee. The rep put in a request for an increase of the CL to $20k. I'll see if it was approved when the account shows up online tomorrow.

Last edited by MisterBill; Dec 20, 2017 at 9:58 pm
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I called CS and got them to expedite mailing of the card, I should have it tomorrow. Because I'm a PH level member, they waived the fee. The rep put in a request for an increase of the CL to $20k. I'll see if it was approved when the account shows up online tomorrow.
Wow, waiving the fee for Platinum Honors makes it a real win... I'm only Platinum, wonder if they would waive it for me, would make me sign up for the card.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
Wow, waiving the fee for Platinum Honors makes it a real win... I'm only Platinum, wonder if they would waive it for me, would make me sign up for the card.
Sorry, I was not clear. They waived the fee for overnighting me the card, not the annual fee for the card.

Agreed that waiving the annual fee would be a huge win, but I don't think they'll do that. I had been holding off getting the card but realizing I could easily hit the minimum spend for the $500 bonus and make some money making estimated tax payments (which I need to do anyway) made getting it now a no-brainer.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:20 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Sorry, I was not clear. They waived the fee for overnighting me the card, not the annual fee for the card.

Agreed that waiving the annual fee would be a huge win, but I don't think they'll do that. I had been holding off getting the card but realizing I could easily hit the minimum spend for the $500 bonus and make some money making estimated tax payments (which I need to do anyway) made getting it now a no-brainer.
Don't forget the airline credit is per calendar year, so you still have time to squeeze this year's in.

LAX
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by LAX
Don't forget the airline credit is per calendar year, so you still have time to squeeze this year's in.

LAX
or is it by dec statement date (ie. probably 2018 for any card opened now). I don't have the card, but double-check for yourself before following the advice above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.