Search
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Seems like any other plastic card to me. I prefer it over the CSP or Chase RC but I realize everyone is different
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:09 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by hi55us
On a positive note, looks like it's pin-enabled, which is a huge plus for me and will make it my go-to card overseas especially with no ftf.
Not so sure about that; I thought amongst the bigger card issuers for those of us on FT (Chase, Citi, AMEX, etc) only Barclaycard cards had chip and PIN as a backup to chip and sign when in other countries (and only online PIN verification)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:15 am

Any further DP on timing on $100 incidental credit regarding year end purchases? The $100 credit posted to my account on 12/27/17 but the statement date was 1/14/18. Will this go against my 2017 calendar year credit or my 2018 calendar year credit. I am hoping that it is the former so that I can make another purchase right away and still receive the 2018 credit.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:48 pm

I'm kind of curious for folks who try the two for one on that. Is this card not a keeper with the 2.625% on every purchase? The only reason to try and go two for one on the $100 incidental would be if you plan to close the card after year one? Am I missing something?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by cak144
Any further DP on timing on $100 incidental credit regarding year end purchases? The $100 credit posted to my account on 12/27/17 but the statement date was 1/14/18. Will this go against my 2017 calendar year credit or my 2018 calendar year credit. I am hoping that it is the former so that I can make another purchase right away and still receive the 2018 credit.
You can check on BofA site now whether you have any credit left for 2018... Click on Rewards tab, then click on the "View rewards and benefits" button (on the right side).... if the credit posted on 12/27 then it probably went towards 2017 and you should have another 100 left for this year.
cak144 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by MAJIC9
You can check on BofA site now whether you have any credit left for 2018... Click on Rewards tab, then click on the "View rewards and benefits" button (on the right side).... if the credit posted on 12/27 then it probably went towards 2017 and you should have another 100 left for this year.
Thanks. Yes, I still have 100 left for 2018.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Not so sure about that; I thought amongst the bigger card issuers for those of us on FT (Chase, Citi, AMEX, etc) only Barclaycard cards had chip and PIN as a backup to chip and sign when in other countries (and only online PIN verification)
This card, specifically, has Online PIN at the end of the CVM list (above No CVM). Every BOA credit card I've seen does too.

However, yes, Offline PIN support is the 'gold standard' for card acceptance. No consumer BOA cards I've seen have this. (Their corporate card is Offline PIN capable, though.)

Barclay consumer cards DO have Offline PIN support.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:40 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
<div style="text-align:left;">
Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
This card, specifically, has Online PIN at the end of the CVM list (above No CVM). Every BOA credit card I've seen does too.<br /><br />However, yes, Offline PIN support is the 'gold standard' for card acceptance. No consumer BOA cards I've seen have this. (Their corporate card is Offline PIN capable, though.)<br /><br />Barclay consumer cards DO have Offline PIN support.
<br /><br />Thanks, that’s actually really good to know, I had not heard that the BofA cards had this capability.<br /><br />However, I have two US-issued Barclaycard consumer cards, and have had no success using them at offline terminals in Europe, unfortunately.</div>
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:24 pm

Has anyone got or converted the premium card into mastercard?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:19 am

On the day I was enrolled in the preferred rewards program, I started making purchases on this card, but the bonus for the preferred rewards on those same day purchases did not post, as the other purchases the next day did (it may have taken 24 hours to take effect?) does anyone know how to secure message BofA like with Chase, I looked inside my account and couldn't find anything except a phone # and this issue isn't worth a 15 minute phone call.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by quizzer25
Has anyone got or converted the premium card into mastercard?
I didn't realize they did a MasterCard. I think this is going to be my next card, and I'd prefer MC for currency conversion purposes, but can't see any references anywhere to this being available as a MC.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
On the day I was enrolled in the preferred rewards program, I started making purchases on this card, but the bonus for the preferred rewards on those same day purchases did not post, as the other purchases the next day did (it may have taken 24 hours to take effect?) does anyone know how to secure message BofA like with Chase, I looked inside my account and couldn't find anything except a phone # and this issue isn't worth a 15 minute phone call.
BoA does not have secure messaging, you will need to call.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Originally Posted by Buster
I didn't realize they did a MasterCard. I think this is going to be my next card, and I'd prefer MC for currency conversion purposes, but can't see any references anywhere to this being available as a MC.
In what way is MC better than Visa when it comes to currency conversion? I agree Visa is dodgy, just had (perhaps improperly) assumed MC would be no different.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by tangfish
In what way is MC better than Visa when it comes to currency conversion? I agree Visa is dodgy, just had (perhaps improperly) assumed MC would be no different.
Look for the "FOREX - All cards" or something like that thread in Credit Card Programs. MasterCard has slightly more favorable rates between USD and a bunch of other currencies, on average, than Visa, and FTers have exhaustively tried to document it in that thread.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
Look for the "FOREX - All cards" or something like that thread in Credit Card Programs. ......
Foreign exchange rates discussion [FOREX]--all cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.