FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ponickka
The points posted for me, but noticed that when I tried to redeem the points, the 50k bonus does not yield any additional amount for being a platinum member. However, the points earned for regular purchases are yielding addition 50% per dollar.
That's correct. You don't yield additional bonus on top of the 50k bonus
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by MMU
Thanks so much 0limits for providing the detailed insurance information. This has helped me a lot in deciding whether this new card is better than my travel rewards card.

It looks to me the covered reasons are the same as what the airlines already offer. In the past, I successfully claimed refunds for non-refundable tickets from multiple airlines. All I needed was appropriate documentation.

At least to me, this premium card does not look better than my travel rewards card. It gives lower rebates for travel (3.5% vs. 4.125% with preferred rewards or 2% vs. 3% w/o) and offers no significant benefits to justify the annual fee.
You're welcome. I mostly got the card for the signup bonus. I will likely PC it to the travel rewards card in a year. It doesn't hold up well against the CSR.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:11 pm

With the arrival of the Uber card and its 4% on restaurants/bar category and already having the BOA travel rewards card, I'm considering not using the Premium card after the first year.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
They need to make the Premium card "Premium" by throwing in a Priority Pass. Then I would signup. Otherwise this card is a churn and burn.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by dinkoh
With the arrival of the Uber card and its 4% on restaurants/bar category and already having the BOA travel rewards card, I'm considering not using the Premium card after the first year.
Afaik, Uber card doesn't offer travel protection (trip interruption/cancellation, trip delay etc), unlike this card

That's important to some people (see: me)

Depending on your valuation/usage of the $100 reimbursement, it might still be worth it
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:04 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by paperwastage
Afaik, Uber card doesn't offer travel protection (trip interruption/cancellation, trip delay etc), unlike this card

That's important to some people (see: me)
^ Even if some travel insurance ends up being included (I suppose we won't really know until the card is launched all protection benefits are detailed), I'll note that even on my Barclays AA card, the travel insurance covers only interruption and cancellation. For most people travel delay insurance would be the most important because that is the one most people would likely need to file a claim for.

Plus, the BofA Premium card is 3.5% back on ALL travel vs 3.0% back on the new Uber card, and it only covers airlines, hotels and AirBNB type lodging.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Applied yesterday, got a call from fraud department today, asked if it was really me who applied. They sent a text with a code, and after that approved.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:40 pm

I'm a BOA platinum honors member having a travel rewards card, which is also my oldest credit card. Planning to apply for the premium rewards card and convert this travel rewards into cash rewards card (to retail history).

Thinking of buying AA giftcards every year to get the $100 incidental charge and planning to sell the gc's in marketplace. I will lose $15 dollars by doing this with a net loss of $10 as the annual fee is $95.

Hoping to more than cover this loss by
Additional cashback in gas and grocery in Cash rewards card
Additional cashback in Travel and Dining in Premium rewards card.

I do international travel yearly for atleast $5K and also travel on local trains.

Any points to consider before I apply?

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by quizzer25
I'm a BOA platinum honors member having a travel rewards card, which is also my oldest credit card. Planning to apply for the premium rewards card and convert this travel rewards into cash rewards card (to retail history).

Thinking of buying AA giftcards every year to get the $100 incidental charge and planning to sell the gc's in marketplace. I will lose $15 dollars by doing this with a net loss of $10 as the annual fee is $95.

Hoping to more than cover this loss by
Additional cashback in gas and grocery in Cash rewards card
Additional cashback in Travel and Dining in Premium rewards card.

I do international travel yearly for atleast $5K and also travel on local trains.

Any points to consider before I apply?

Thanks
I'm somewhat similar to you. I like the BOA Premium card and will probably keep it for a year, but with the new Uber card, the Premium card may not be worth it. Uber covers dining @ 4% and travel @ 3%. Depending on your travel/food ratio, I'd say Premium vs Uber cancel out.

Uber is no AF while the Premium is $95. I don't think the BOA premium card is worth getting now.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:33 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by dinkoh
I don't think the BOA premium card is worth getting now.
Granted the Travel Rewards Card has it as well for Plat Honors customers, but the 2.625% on non-bonus categories is hard to beat.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Granted the Travel Rewards Card has it as well for Plat Honors customers, but the 2.625% on non-bonus categories is hard to beat.
Yup, I agree. I was addressing the poster's question about the Premium card since he already has the Travel Rewards card. I would use both Travel Rewards and Uber (both non-AF cards), instead of the applying for the Premium card.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by slickvik
Applied yesterday, got a call from fraud department today, asked if it was really me who applied. They sent a text with a code, and after that approved.
Did you use a different address or card?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Any DPs on how open this card or BOA is in general with MS?
They will shut you down for MS on their 2%+ cards regardless of your status.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by happyvoid
Did you use a different address or card?
No, it was due to equifax hack
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:07 pm

Any idea how to trigger the airline fee credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.