FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by quizzer25
Did you try this?

While the credit itself hasn't shown up on my online activity yet, if you use the BofA app, after selecting the credit card account, you can go to "Premium Rewards Benefits", and there will be an indicator showing how much of the incidental credit you've used for the year. Clicking on "View Activity" will show an itemized list of the transactions that have triggered the credit. For some reason, this feature is not yet active on the BofA web site (it directs you to use the app on the web site).
Apparently I'm not allowed to post urls but here's an image of what I'm looking at: imgur . com/cifRaKC (remove the spaces)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dw
As a follow up, it did take a full week (which is in line with the time frame specified in the T&Cs) from the time the charge posted to my account for the credit to post.
Thanks for the head's up. I'm doing the same thing. $50 charge just showed up online, so I will wait the 7 days to see if it gets credited. I'll let everyone know if it does.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by starkiss69
Thanks for the head's up. I'm doing the same thing. $50 charge just showed up online, so I will wait the 7 days to see if it gets credited. I'll let everyone know if it does.
Any one know how Expedia.com shows up on a credit card?

Would I be eligible for the $100 airline credit from Expedia?

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:57 pm

I did a random amount Southwest gc (under $20) and it didn't trigger the credit (yet). I checked the app as directed and $0 has been used and no credit is indicated elsewhere in the transaction history either. It's been 6 says since it posted...will update in a few days but not looking good. Did the AA trigger it right away in the app?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by rooney
I did a random amount Southwest gc (under $20) and it didn't trigger the credit (yet). I checked the app as directed and $0 has been used and no credit is indicated elsewhere in the transaction history either. It's been 6 says since it posted...will update in a few days but not looking good. Did the AA trigger it right away in the app?
I bought AA gift card on 9/30 and transaction posted on 10/2. I have not yet received any credit yet, but can confirm that my bofa is showing that $50 has been used. It changed sometime in the last few hour only, as i'm pretty sure i checked in the evening and it didn't show anything in the bofa app. So, it seems to be working for AA gift card. Though, it took almost 5 days to reflect in the Bofa app (Incidental charges) and no idea how longer it will again take to issue the actual credit
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:55 am

Officially been 7 days and nothing indicated in app or otherwise, so it doesn't look good.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles
Originally Posted by trikotret
I think it's time to have a new thread for this card. Maybe share data points of what counts as incidental credit towards the $100 credit.
Originally Posted by zzjzz
bought a $100 southwest gc...we'll see if it counts or not
Started a new thread for this: BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Starbucks reload

DP: Starbucks reload doesn't register as 3.5 points but 2.625. although CSR card used give 3.5 points. Oh well
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:19 pm

I wonder how their price rewinds/extra insurance on purchases work through the card. I'm Ph, the only real difference between this and CSR for me is priority pass (which I think is great)... If the insurance/extended wrranty on purchases is the same it seems worth it if we can max out the annual fee..

May downgrade my CSR as I would be paying $150 for essentially priority pass. Unless I'm missing more on the extended warranty features?

Of course you can't move points to other airlines either.. but PR is 2.6% with PH versus how much is a CSR point worth...?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Anyone thought about paying taxes with this card? Looks like there's a charge of 1.9% or so to pay taxes with a CC.. If I got one and as a platinum rewards member I would be ahead 0.75% I believe... I have a large tax burden coming up so this might help.....

FDW
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aGeist
I wonder how their price rewinds/extra insurance on purchases work through the card. I'm Ph, the only real difference between this and CSR for me is priority pass (which I think is great)... If the insurance/extended wrranty on purchases is the same it seems worth it if we can max out the annual fee..

May downgrade my CSR as I would be paying $150 for essentially priority pass. Unless I'm missing more on the extended warranty features?

Of course you can't move points to other airlines either.. but PR is 2.6% with PH versus how much is a CSR point worth...?
I don't BofA has price rewind. It doesn't offer price protection. But it has a 90 day to return an item if you cant return it. The insurances on CSR are way up there. At least the CSR covers primary coverage for car rentals. The Bofa is secondary. I think the CSR card is the best travel card out there if you travel a lot.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Anyone thought about paying taxes with this card? Looks like there's a charge of 1.9% or so to pay taxes with a CC.. If I got one and as a platinum rewards member I would be ahead 0.75% I believe... I have a large tax burden coming up so this might help.....

FDW
I paid my taxes with BofA travel card. I still earned 0.75 after the fee.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
I paid my taxes with BofA travel card. I still earned 0.75 after the fee.
Wow. I'm going to definitely do this! What service did you use?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by dinkoh
Wow. I'm going to definitely do this! What service did you use?
I’ve been doing this for years on my boa travel card with plat honors. Pay1040.com has the lowest rate according to the irs. I believe it’s like 1.8%.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:59 pm
MMU

Regarding travel insurance, does anyone know what the 'covered' reasons are?

"Provides reimbursement of up to $5,000 per person, per trip, for the unused prepaid non-refundable travel expenses including passenger fares, tours, and hotels if you have to cancel due to a covered reason."

Most airlines refund cancellation/change fees on non-refundable tickets for 'covered' reasons s.a. medical/family emergency already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.