FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 8:23 am
bbd

Originally Posted by ralphs
Have a source for this? I googled the card and the webpage still says "When you enroll in the Business Advantage Relationship Rewards program, you can get an additional 25% - 75% rewards bonus on every purchase you make. That means you can earn up to an unlimited 2.62 points on all purchases – everywhere, every time."
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...s-credit-card/

Sorry i got it through my banker at BOA, had to call for it, then got a letter that it is ending in June i think it is.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Originally Posted by zorbachs
I applied for this card the first day it was available, so maybe we had different versions. The one I received was extremely flimsy and cheap feeling, much thinner than any other card I have. The one I received this week feels like the SPG Amex card I have which is pretty standard for credit cards.
I too had it from the very start and just now got a replacement. They do feel the same physically (thickness, weight) but the new version has a significantly improved design, made out of black plastic rather than white plastic - still not good looking by any means - but fairly benign at this point, as compared to the brazenly shabby and shiny look of the original. Neither of them particularly benefit from the words "PREMIUM REWARDS" being the primary focus of the design aesthetic.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
My personal guess is that BofA is spending less money on card design and marketing (i.e. blog referrals) than Chase does on the CSR/CSP. The card does genuinely feel quite generic and low-budget.

And BofA is spending more money (on me personally in my personal situation) dollar for dollar on giving me cash rewards.

I am OK with this.
dw likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by ralphs
My personal guess is that BofA is spending less money on card design and marketing (i.e. blog referrals) than Chase does on the CSR/CSP. The card does genuinely feel quite generic and low-budget.

And BofA is spending more money (on me personally in my personal situation) dollar for dollar on giving me cash rewards.
Seeing as UR's are more valuable in dollar to dollar earnings than what you'd get from BoA's cash rewards, I don't think so.

If you get 2x UR's, you're likely getting 2-3 cents in value at a minimum, so basically 4%-6% back on travel and dining, with 2%-3% back on everything else. Notice I said, minimum.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:17 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Seeing as UR's are more valuable in dollar to dollar earnings than what you'd get from BoA's cash rewards, I don't think so.

If you get 2x UR's, you're likely getting 2-3 cents in value at a minimum, so basically 4%-6% back on travel and dining, with 2%-3% back on everything else. Notice I said, minimum.
Different people have different needs, and for a segment out there (myself included), cash back now trumps miles and points. (My personal situation is that I cannot plan vacations more than 2-3 months in advance, and am very inflexible on dates, so it's very challenging to find any premium reward space on airlines, thus greatly reducing the value of currencies like MRs, URs, TYPs, etc.)
Old May 2, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
A bird in hand (cash) is better than two in the bush (points), imho.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Different people have different needs, and for a segment out there (myself included), cash back now trumps miles and points. (My personal situation is that I cannot plan vacations more than 2-3 months in advance, and am very inflexible on dates, so it's very challenging to find any premium reward space on airlines, thus greatly reducing the value of currencies like MRs, URs, TYPs, etc.)
+1. So many people fail to recognize this point.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:47 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
Not only that, if the value of UR points is based on conversion to airline miles/hotel points for redemption, the rate of miles/points devaluation is likely far greater than rate of inflation on cash.

LAX
Old May 3, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE

I hold Chase cards and value URs! I use the CSR for travel and dining when possible. But what do I do with the other 80% of my spend that is not eligible for bonuses? I am subject to 5/24 so cannot qualify for the FU offer. And I have long exhausted my AmEx BBP $50k cap.

So in my case, URs are definitely not more valuable in dollar to dollar earnings than what I'm getting from BofA cash rewards, and I don't see a way to change this. I am all ears for alternatives.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:12 am

What chase card gives 2x UR on everyday purchases? I was aware of the CFE at 1.5x, but not 2x. 1.5x UR vs 2.625% cashback is a no brainer for people who have to book most of their travel on short notice and lose out on award bookings.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
What chase card gives 2x UR on everyday purchases? I was aware of the CFE at 1.5x, but not 2x. 1.5x UR vs 2.625% cashback is a no brainer for people who have to book most of their travel on short notice and lose out on award bookings.
Recently, a Chase FU offer came out with a promotional 2x UR for the first year only. I'm not sure about the current availability of the offer. I believe the offer is only available to new applications (i.e. product changes), which means that anybody over 5/24 will have a tough time qualifying for the offer.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by dw
They said Bank of America is spending more money on rewards than Chase, which is false. Ultimate Rewards is very expensive for Chase... Bank of America barely spends anything on rewards unless someone is an honors member. The poster said "dollar for dollar" which I interpreted as BoA pays out more in value than Chase does per dollar spent on any card.

Last edited by mikesyr18; May 4, 2018 at 5:13 am
Old May 4, 2018, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Meant 3x on dining and travel with the CSR, my mistake.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by mar12
Thanks!
I'm leaning towards sticking with BoA. While it'd be nice to get commission free etf's right now, I think the ability to get 30+ free trades/month on any stock down the line is a great perk.
I know this is a late reply but anyways - ETFs are included in those 30 free trades... so you can trade Vanguard (and others') ETFs for free at BofA/ML too ... Their selection of low cost mutual funds isn't great though...
Old May 4, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by dw
Unless you're booking your travel in a way that you could not get the same price using the UR travel portal, you would still get the 50% value kitcker when using them last minute. Now, if you need to purchase thru a different site to get a discounted rate and could not book it from Chase's site, then you have a valid point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.