Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Buster
I didn't realize they did a MasterCard. I think this is going to be my next card, and I'd prefer MC for currency conversion purposes, but can't see any references anywhere to this being available as a MC.
BOA changed new Cash Rewards card to MC few days back.
Hoping we can convert Premium/Travel to MC too to use it on Plastiq for mortgage payments.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:29 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Does anyone have experience with this card's rental car insurance? Is it just typical Visa signature secondary coverage? I tried to look up the details because I am contemplating renting a premium SUV (ie: Navigator or Escalade) and saw that certain models of Lincoln & Cadillac are excluded. I know I will probably need to call to get a more definitive answer, but wonder if anyone here has any experience/knowledge. TIA.

LAX
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:04 pm
bbd

fyi the business version of the card changed the 75% bonus to 50% bonus so making it a 2.25% back card vs 2.625 % back
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bbd
fyi the business version of the card changed the 75% bonus to 50% bonus so making it a 2.25% back card vs 2.625 % back
Where's this card at?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by bbd
Have a source for this? I googled the card and the webpage still says "When you enroll in the Business Advantage Relationship Rewards program, you can get an additional 25% - 75% rewards bonus on every purchase you make. That means you can earn up to an unlimited 2.62 points on all purchases – everywhere, every time."
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...s-credit-card/
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by bbd
The 75% bonus is for all cards for the Platinum Honors tier of the PR program, not specific to the card. Does that mean that they cut all cards to 50% for business customers?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:39 pm

Hi,
I have a question regarding sign up bonus.
I opened my account on January 8. The 90th day of my account opening is 8th of April .
I thought I spend more than $3.000 before that but when I have checked my account today(9th of April) I relalized that I spent only $2800.
I called the BOA customer service and they confirmed that my 90th day was 8th of April but they told me they have a grace period for 9 days until the purchase is posted to my account so if i spend the remaining today there will be no issue, i will get the sign up bonus.(But it is hard to believe)
Has any of you faced the similar situation?
Did you get your sign up bonus even if you spending $3,000 in the first 95 days of account opening(instead of the 90- days).

Thank You
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by awakesoldier
Did you get your sign up bonus even if you spending $3,000 in the first 95 days of account opening(instead of the 90- days).

Thank You
Did you make the extra $200 charge? I wouldn't wait to hear it people say it will work. Just get it done and if they don't honor it, call back and say that the other person said it would be OK. Sadly, BofA doesn't do email or live chat (although they had something on FB when I checked a while ago) so you won't have any proof of what they said.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Did you make the extra $200 charge? I wouldn't wait to hear it people say it will work. Just get it done and if they don't honor it, call back and say that the other person said it would be OK. Sadly, BofA doesn't do email or live chat (although they had something on FB when I checked a while ago) so you won't have any proof of what they said.
Yes, made the $200 charge already.
Do you know when should i expect the sign up bonus?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:12 pm

My bonus posted immediately after qualifying purchase posted.... there was no delay... (though I hit the min spend in less than a month)
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:42 am

Hi,
I have a question regarding sign up bonus.
I opened my account on January 8. The 90th day of my account opening is 8th of April .
I thought I spend more than $3.000 before that but when I have checked my account today(9th of April) I relalized that I spent only $2800.
I called the BOA customer service and they confirmed that my 90th day was 8th of April but they told me they have a grace period for 9 days until the purchase is posted to my account so if i spend the remaining today there will be no issue, i will get the sign up bonus.(But it is hard to believe)
Has any of you faced the similar situation?

Thank You
I just want to confirm that I spent $3000 @91th day and my transaction posted to my account on 93th day and I received the sign up bonus.

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I just want to confirm that I spent $3000 @91th day and my transaction posted to my account on 93th day and I received the sign up bonus.
^

And thanks for getting back to us with that info.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by bbd
No, it’s still 75% bonus on business cards for Platinum Honors, but the 75% is calculated based on the purchase amount (1.5 + .75 = 2.25) compared to the consumer card where you receive a 75% bonus on the total earned (1.5 x 1.75 = 2.625).
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

I Just got a replacement card in today. I noticed the card is darker gray and Matt finish. Not plastic like the current one.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
I Just got a replacement card in today. I noticed the card is darker gray and Matt finish. Not plastic like the current one.

That's good to hear, maybe I'll try requesting a replacement card. I don't know if it was here or on a different site but someone said that the original card was really cheap looking and they were right, especially for a $95 card.

Last edited by MisterBill; Apr 14, 2018 at 6:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.