Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Has anyone received their September 1 miles for August statements yet? I'm assuming there's a delay due to weekend/holiday, but this is the first time I should have received miles, so I'm unsure what to expect for timing
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Has anyone received their September 1 miles for August statements yet? I'm assuming there's a delay due to weekend/holiday, but this is the first time I should have received miles, so I'm unsure what to expect for timing
Finally received the miles for August statement, looks like it hit my account around sept 15th
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by odom4president
Finally received the miles for August statement, looks like it hit my account around sept 15th
Thanks for the heads up! I just checked, mine posted 9/10. I got the miles for the spend, plus the 40k bonus. I hit the $1k spend requirement for the additional 20k miles this month, and my September statement should close this week, so I'm assuming I'll get those miles around 10/10
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:33 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

How soon the new account shows up in the credit report? Does AU card show in credit report too?

Just try to minimize the number of new accounts.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:25 am
Suspended

The application for this card has been really a bear. I can't pass the first stage of verification. Some say the system can't verify the phone number. But I used 3 phone numbers (legit and large carriers like AT&T) and still no go.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
does anyone have any advice to get past the couldn't validate your information stage? i get the OTP through text but after inputting it says that they are unable to validate my information. i've tried changing numbers/using some variation of my address but i dont even get the OTP then..
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by RedSun
The application for this card has been really a bear. I can't pass the first stage of verification. Some say the system can't verify the phone number. But I used 3 phone numbers (legit and large carriers like AT&T) and still no go.
had same issue. input t-mobile #...that worked.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:32 am

anyone did a BT with this avianca vuela card? I did not see any option with the online account. It looks like I may have to call to request BT.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: Etihad Guest
Google Fi user here, always OTP verifcation error despite getting the code
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: reddit churning
I'm getting verification errors also, very frustrating.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Avianca Vuela - do I need to spend only $1?

Hi,

I got my second Avianca Vuela last week. I am not sure how to find how much I need to spend to get the signup bonus - it seems to be $1 everywhere now?

Thanks if you could help me confirm!
Old Jul 9, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
did you get the bonus a 2nd time
also can we cancel the card before the year and not void bonus
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:34 am
Suspended

Annual Fee?

I called to inquire about the AF on Avianca Vuela card. The rep said she does not see there is AF on this card. So she can't even waive it if she can do that.

Anyone has similar experience? I may want to keep it if there is no AF.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:23 pm

is the code LM17WB still working in 2021 to get the extra 20K points with a new card application?
Old May 8, 2021, 4:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by atricus
is the code LM17WB still working in 2021 to get the extra 20K points with a new card application?
No one knows since this card has been in the dark. Not many people favor it. Give it a try and report back.

Actually this card still have a lot of value, particularly if you fly to Central America. The covid lockdown hurts this card for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.