Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Issued by Elan Financial Services. New account bonus, $100 for $1,000 spend within 90 days:

https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-visa-signature
Print Wikipost

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by missing_link
Since new applicants to the Elan-issued Fidelity card all get 2%, why would they keep a grandfathered tier of customers at 1.5%?
If you had customers who happily paid you $4 for something, would you randomly tell them they could start paying you $3 instead?
Old May 7, 2016, 2:24 am

Can you pay the Elan Services Fidelity Visa with cash/check in a US Bank branch?
Old May 7, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
I find it rather bizarre that there hasn't been any communication from FIA about the conversion of this card. Apparently no one wants to pay for stationery to communicate this upcoming changes. I must say I am looking forward to the conversion, the FIA card sure has been tagged a few time with fraudulent charges and I hardly use the card.
Old May 9, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by CWAL
If you had customers who happily paid you $4 for something, would you randomly tell them they could start paying you $3 instead?
I called up and had three separate agents tell me everyone is being converted to the same 2% card. I guess we'll see.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by texasguy77
I find it rather bizarre that there hasn't been any communication from FIA about the conversion of this card. Apparently no one wants to pay for stationery to communicate this upcoming changes. I must say I am looking forward to the conversion, the FIA card sure has been tagged a few time with fraudulent charges and I hardly use the card.
Yes, I'm also waiting to find out when we get the cards and annoyed that there hasn't been any recent communication. No update on the FAQ on Fidelity's web site either....
Old May 14, 2016, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by AONwheels
Yes, I'm also waiting to find out when we get the cards and annoyed that there hasn't been any recent communication. No update on the FAQ on Fidelity's web site either....
I received a mailer this week, saying the new card will arrive in the mail between mid-June and mid-July.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
I got the mailers too. And interestingly, the one corresponding to an existing 2% Amex card states 2%, while the one corresponding to existing Visa does not state the cash back percentage.

Originally Posted by tvholic
I received a mailer this week, saying the new card will arrive in the mail between mid-June and mid-July.
Old May 14, 2016, 2:30 pm

Thanks - I'll look for it.
Old May 14, 2016, 2:33 pm

Any word of a counter offer from either FIA or AMEX to retain existing cardholders.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I just received an replacement card because my expiration date hit. Still the AMEX though.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I just received an replacement card because my expiration date hit. Still the AMEX though.
Well, that was pretty silly of them! Was your old card's validity through May, or June?

A few days ago I got the letter others have reported. Since mine is good through July, I've been trying to get them to commit to sending the Visa in June, but no luck.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Well, that was pretty silly of them! Was your old card's validity through May, or June?

A few days ago I got the letter others have reported. Since mine is good through July, I've been trying to get them to commit to sending the Visa in June, but no luck.
Actually May and it took them this long to send it over lol.

I haven't used the card in an while since I was working on beefing up on my points.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: A3
We got 3 mailers from Fidelity, 1 for me and 2 for my wife. Mrs Goose has a Fidelity Visa that is her oldest card and a Fidelity Fed Ex that she uses most often for the 2% cash back. I had suggested she ask FIA to update her Visa to the cash back version, but she has been unwilling to make any changes for fear it would hurt the status of her oldest card.

We both use Shop Safe for virtual card numbers for almost anything we buy on-line. I confirmed via a call to Fidelity that Elan has no Shop Safe or other virtual option. The Fidelity rep got an Elan person on the phone who told me they were getting that question from several folks being switched from Fidelity. I will consider opening new cards for both of us from Bank of America or Citi to get virtual number capability.

I also called FIA Card Services and asked if they were offering anything. They told me I could apply for a new card from Bank of America through the regular web site.

I hadn't noticed until now that my wife's mailers were different. So it appears she will receive a Visa Signature with no rewards for her current Visa and a Rewards Visa Signature for her FIA American Express. We'll probably just put the non-rewards card into a drawer. Since both are tied to high value Fidelity accounts, there is no danger they would close them for non use.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by realgoose
I also called FIA Card Services and asked if they were offering anything. They told me I could apply for a new card from Bank of America through the regular web site.
That's what I expected, unfortunately. The affinity accounts belong to the partner organization, so Fidelity would have to approve any conversion. But you might be able to reapportion your credit limit to a Bank of America card.

I'll let them transfer me to Elan because I don't want to lose the account age, and hope it gets transferred again somewhere better in the future.

Originally Posted by realgoose
We'll probably just put the non-rewards card into a drawer. Since both are tied to high value Fidelity accounts, there is no danger they would close them for non use.
The credit card issuer (FIA or Elan) doesn't know anything about your Fidelity accounts or balances. Use the cards for something every few months.
Old May 16, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: A3
The credit card issuer (FIA or Elan) doesn't know anything about your Fidelity accounts or balances. Use the cards for something every few months.
That sucks. The old card got regular use with shopsafe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.