Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Issued by Elan Financial Services. New account bonus, $100 for $1,000 spend within 90 days:

https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-visa-signature
Print Wikipost

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:30 pm

I just applied for this card. I find my result interesting given some of the chatter with regards to the switch the US Bank. I seem to recall some people warning to ask for CLIs from FIA before the switch because US Bank is relatively conservative. I have one current card with US Bank and was recently given a CLI to $8,600, so I was worried I may have used up a significant chunk of the credit US Bank was willing to extend to me. I was approved for this card with a $10,700 CL, which is my highest CL. I don't know if I misjudged US Bank's view of my credit-worthiness or if there is more of a dichotomy between US Bank and Elan than I had thought. Either way, works for me!

Just an anecdote for those concerned about this aspect of the switch to US Bank.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by nuugatman
Attachment 685

Here is a screenshot of the rewards tab. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has a Flex Perks account.
I have Flex perks account if you are willing to transfer.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Eric D
I have Flex perks account if you are willing to transfer.
If you notice, they have no points currently. That would mean you would have to transfer points to him/her.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
If you notice, they have no points currently. That would mean you would have to transfer points to him/her.
I can do that if he/she give me account number. I'll just transfer 10 points.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:55 am

Someone who has an old Fidelity Amex or Visa from FIA should try logging into fidelityrewards.com, which is managed by Elan. I tried, but I kicked myself out after too many incorrect attempts (I forgot my security answer), and Elan can't help me because they don't have my Fidelity information yet. Fidelity can't help because it's managed by Elan. I'm literally trapped in digital limbo right now

Last edited by Phantom707; Jan 16, 2016 at 8:02 pm
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:56 pm

so, if i want to use flexperks, do i need an existing flexperks credit card from us bank?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
so, if i want to use flexperks, do i need an existing flexperks credit card from us bank?
From everything I've read and heard, you won't need a separate FlexPerks card from US Bank. You should be able to do it from within the Fidelity card.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Not I. Since the conversion is supposed to happen July-ish, I don't expect to see a letter until May. Maybe April?
Just called to try and convert. Was told we'd receive a letter in late May detailing the conversion and then get the new cards around June. Current points would be transferred.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:19 pm

Someone who has an old Fidelity Amex or Visa from FIA should try logging into fidelityrewards.com, which is managed by Elan. I tried, but I kicked myself out after too many incorrect attempts (I forgot my security answer), and Elan can't help me because they don't have my Fidelity information yet. Fidelity can't help because it's managed by Elan. I'm literally trapped in digital limbo right now
Not able to log in - and I have both an old Fidelity Amex and an old Fidelity Visa (1.5% back). It asks me a security question that seems rather unlikely to actually be from my account, and when I avoid with forgot password, it gives an error with the correctly entered information.

I barely use my visa anymore. But I hope they'll transfer the points correctly. The amex earns 2pts/dollar and each pt is worth 1cent. The old visa earns 1pt/dollar, but each pt is worth 1.5 cents. I'm ~100 in spend below the cash in threshold on the visa. I might just spend to the threshold so there is nothing to get screwed up in the transfer.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:31 pm

Just for the hell of it, I applied for the new Fidelity card and received it and activated it. I assume my Fidelity Amex is still active. What I did then is went to the elan web site, tried to log in using my fidelity log in and they asked me a security question which I never provided to them or Fidelity. However, from my fidelity portfolio, I went to cash management (I have a brokerage ac.count with Fidelity) and sure enough there was a link to the Fidelity visa card that was just opened. In any event, I then went to elan web site and entered information for new elan access answered the questions, set up ID shield and voila account now appears. I then added elan to my fidelity full view successfully.

With the high fees for cash advances, I surely wohld not be using this new card for ATM cash advances so I don't really need a pin but remembering my experience in Copenhagen two years ago, I thought it might be helpful to have a pin but nowhere and I searched was there any provision to add a pin, not when I activated the card no anywhere on the elan web site. This is where it stands as of today. I am not, at least for the time being, transferring my automatic payment merchants from the Fidelity Amex until I receive the information directly from FIA as to what is going on.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
Just for the hell of it, I applied for the new Fidelity card and received it and activated it. I assume my Fidelity Amex is still active. What I did then is went to the elan web site, tried to log in using my fidelity log in and they asked me a security question which I never provided to them or Fidelity. However, from my fidelity portfolio, I went to cash management (I have a brokerage ac.count with Fidelity) and sure enough there was a link to the Fidelity visa card that was just opened. In any event, I then went to elan web site and entered information for new elan access answered the questions, set up ID shield and voila account now appears. I then added elan to my fidelity full view successfully.

With the high fees for cash advances, I surely wohld not be using this new card for ATM cash advances so I don't really need a pin but remembering my experience in Copenhagen two years ago, I thought it might be helpful to have a pin but nowhere and I searched was there any provision to add a pin, not when I activated the card no anywhere on the elan web site. This is where it stands as of today. I am not, at least for the time being, transferring my automatic payment merchants from the Fidelity Amex until I receive the information directly from FIA as to what is going on.
If you're interested in having a PIN to use for chip and PIN transactions (which are the standard for everywhere in the world except the horribly behind United States), then you're out of luck. US Bank has no cards that have the ability to make chip and PIN transactions.

In my experience, US Bank customer service is even worse, not even realizing that you can use a PIN on a credit card for anything other than a cash advance at an ATM.

If you do want a PIN for a cash advance at an ATM, you should be able to call up Elan and ask for such from a customer service representative. I believe that a PIN will then be mailed to you. At least, that's the process of doing it with a regular US Bank card, so I would guess it would extend to Elan cards.

Hey, quick question, when you go to manage your card and manage rewards, click on the upper right to go to your account profile. Do you see a rewards account number? It should be a string of 12 digits.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:44 pm

If you're interested in having a PIN to use for chip and PIN transactions (which are the standard for everywhere in the world except the horribly behind United States), then you're out of luck. US Bank has no cards that have the ability to make chip and PIN transactions.

In my experience, US Bank customer service is even worse, not even realizing that you can use a PIN on a credit card for anything other than a cash advance at an ATM.

If you do want a PIN for a cash advance at an ATM, you should be able to call up Elan and ask for such from a customer service representative. I believe that a PIN will then be mailed to you. At least, that's the process of doing it with a regular US Bank card, so I would guess it would extend to Elan cards.

Hey, quick question, when you go to manage your card and manage rewards, click on the upper right to go to your account profile. Do you see a rewards account number? It should be a string of 12 digits.
Thank you. I've been here awhile. About 3 years ago, we went through a whole thing when Bank of America introduced its emv compliant cards. We were still trying to come to grips with just what was going on. To make a long story short, when I spoke to a csr he or she, I forget gender, tried to tell me I didn't need a pin for purchases and any transactions with a pin would be coded as a cash advance. In any event they did eventually send me a pin obstensibly for use in ATM's. It is almost always not my intent to use almost every one of my credit cards for cash advances because of the high fees but there are several benevolent financial institutions where, in an emergency, you can use the card in an atm for a cash advance, pay no fees and even though interest is high on an annual basis, it is charged by the day and rarely amounts to more than 1.5% per month (18% a year). High? True but if I repay it back immediately and I pulled out say $50, it would have cost me 75¢. Again just in an emergency.

Back to the long story. The pin for cash advances, of course, is an online pin. However, once in a while, for purchases one is requested for a pin and once in a while, the online cash advance pin works; it did for me at the Copenhagen airport to buy a local one day transport pass in a kiosk. It was, naturally and contrary to the misinformation from the Bank of America csr, properly coded as a purchase. It is not a usual occurance and believe me I understand in 99% or more of cases, the pin would not function as a pin for chip and pin transactions. All I was saying is there was no provision, at least none that I saw, any provision for obtaining a pin. I suppose if I really wanted one, I would call customer service.

I think for this particular card, the elan web site has a green fidelity heading. As I said, I was automatically directed there through my fidelity brokerage account once the card had been activated. There is a tab for rewards but as of now, I haven't used the card. I have an auto insutanc payment coming up in February and will use the card and will be able to get my 2% rebate and see how this all ties in as y insuance companny does not take amex but takes mc/visa. Right now, just reporting. I presume at some point in the future my current FIA card, the Fidelity Amex card which is still active and open will be converted to a second account and will probably be offered something from FIA although there is nothing there. (It will most likely, just a guess, be some version of the 1-2-3 card. It is not clear at this point if Fidelity's beef is with Amex or FIA or both.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by tymothy
Just called to try and convert. Was told we'd receive a letter in late May detailing the conversion and then get the new cards around June. Current points would be transferred.
So i have until June to keep transferring my bofa points to my fidelity amex and cash out my 2.625
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by trikotret
So i have until June to keep transferring my bofa points to my fidelity amex and cash out my 2.625
So, people have talked about (hell, I've even posted about) using a Fidelity FIA card in conjunction with the Bank of America Travel Rewards card to cash out points from the latter. I get it.

My question is whether something like a refundable ticket or hotel would also be possible. Granted, that's definitely not as elegant as being able to deposit the money into a bank account, but is that not an option?

Also, there are other WorldPoints cards. Here's a post about one. http://www.airlinehotelcreditcards.c...ome-2016-01-07

I made a comment there about my potential doubts about being able to transfer between personal and business cards. I've since heard reports that it is possible to transfer between business and personal cards, but I wouldn't necessarily call those sources reliable.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:15 am

Tried points transfer of 250 from new Fido Visa to my Amex Flexperks (49 AF) Travel and Visa Flexperks select (No AF), even put my flexperks rewards#; No go. Error message as:
"The entered account is not eligible for Points transfer"
Guess US bank is as cheap and vigilant as always.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.