FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1734914-fidelity-2-cash-back-visa-100-1k-new-card-issuer-jan-4-2016-a.html)

pdxuser Dec 28, 2015 11:46 pm

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

From their website:
Coming in January: Fidelity 2% Cash-Back Card
Visit us on January 4 to learn about the features of our card and how to apply.
Fidelity has been known to be considering dropping FIA/BofA and Amex as partners for a few months now.

The current card is unavailable for new signups.

There's no news about what will happen to current cardholders.

Phantom707 Dec 29, 2015 12:30 am

I can't currently, but it would be interesting to give the phone number a call with the corresponding reference code to apply that way. Maybe they could still be taking applications.

866-598-4971
VACAUL

Also, they took out the applications for all three of their credit cards, not just the 2% no annual fee Amex.

CWAL Dec 29, 2015 1:10 am

Looks like I grabbed the FIA just in time to be entertained

tequilasunriseamz Dec 29, 2015 6:59 am

FIA / FIDELITY could be product converted to a lesser card though in the near future..

BionicBuk Dec 29, 2015 8:01 am

I was hoping to apply for the 2% investment card today, with .... luck the card is now gone.

I tried calling 1-877-811-7088, the rep couldn't pull up the application. He alerted their tech team and asked me to call back in an hour to let them have time to fix the glitch.

found reference code VACD37, I'll try this when I call back.
tried using VACAUL, rep said it was dead or might be online only.

JuneBug30 Dec 29, 2015 9:39 am

Hoping it will be a Visa or MC.

I will not be sorry to see FIA go. Just had a fraud charge on the FIA Amex last week - a company in Brazil.

Hopefully Barclays/Capital One/Citi take this card over!!!

rebelx Dec 29, 2015 11:37 am

I hope they can figure out a way to do a straight product swap to a V/MC for current customers. I wouldn't like being forced to apply again for what is essentially the same card.

tmiw Dec 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by JuneBug30 (Post 25930497)
Hoping it will be a Visa or MC.

I will not be sorry to see FIA go. Just had a fraud charge on the FIA Amex last week - a company in Brazil.

Hopefully Barclays/Capital One/Citi take this card over!!!

I'm guessing Capital One will be the new issuer. The other major issuers have conflicts of interest with Fidelity on account of having their own brokerage/investment arms. But who knows?

montreid Dec 29, 2015 4:30 pm

FIA is BOA (hence ML), right? Amex would be nice to go back to it's original amex gold/plat card offering.

1DJonas Dec 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw (Post 25931785)
I'm guessing Capital One will be the new issuer. The other major issuers have conflicts of interest with Fidelity on account of having their own brokerage/investment arms. But who knows?

Capital One has Capital One Investing, formerly ING Direct.

tmiw Dec 30, 2015 1:57 am

Originally Posted by 1DJonas (Post 25933145)
Capital One has Capital One Investing, formerly ING Direct.

Interesting. Learned something new!

Are there any major issuers without such a conflict of interest then? Would that even stop a major issuer from cobranding Fidelity's card?

silver6054 Dec 30, 2015 7:38 am

Originally Posted by tmiw (Post 25931785)

On myfico, a US Bank employee has talked about being in presentations about their new Fidelity card. So possibly/probably them.

flyertalker9867674 Dec 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 25935121)
On myfico, a US Bank employee has talked about being in presentations about their new Fidelity card. So possibly/probably them.

christ I hope not!

Scotttheking Jan 1, 2016 9:39 am

This will make the BofA Travel Rewards card slightly more annoying by being unable to transfer worldpoints to it for cashing out.

trikotret Jan 1, 2016 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Scotttheking (Post 25945486)
This will make the BofA Travel Rewards card slightly more annoying by being unable to transfer worldpoints to it for cashing out.

Yes that really sucks. I was able to cash out 500k points. Now I have to plan a new strategy.