Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Issued by Elan Financial Services. New account bonus, $100 for $1,000 spend within 90 days:

https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-visa-signature
Print Wikipost

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
So for those of us with no fidelity account or just want to redeem points for statement credits, for example, has Fidelity posted the redemption charts yet? I can't find it anywhere...
I suspect it will be the same as the old Amex, since the latter was handled by fiacardservices.com rather than the bank. For the Amex:
- gift cards range from 3500 for $25 to 12000 for $100
- "cash" (check mailed to you) ranges from 2500 for $12.50 to 20000 for $160
- you can supposedly also redeem for statement credit, but I can't find the table for that
- hotel is theoretically 1 cent per point, but the $ they quote seems high, based on a spot-comparison with Orbitz
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:33 pm

Cash redemptions claim a 1:1 ratio, 5000=$50, for deposit into account,

For check or account credit:

Points Cash Rewards 1 Point Equals
2,500 - 9,999 $12.50 - $50.00 $0.005
10,000 - 24,999 $80.00 - $200.00 $0.008
25,000 + $250.00 + $0.010
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:18 pm

Now that the card is officially out, can someone confirm that it just earns cashback and not anything like FlexPerks? It would actually be very useful if it earned some kind of flexible points that could be used for more than mere cashback.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Phantom707
Now that the card is officially out
Thanks for the reminder

~Moderator Action~

Title updated.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:16 pm

So I got my card in the mail today and set up online banking. I noticed when I clicked on the rewards tab there is an option to transfer points. This message comes up:

Transfer Points

You can quickly and easily transfer your reward Points from this card to another rewards card issued by your financial institution. Follow these easy steps:
Enter account number to transfer to.
Enter the desired number of reward Points you would like to transfer.
Confirm and submit transfer.

Based on this message I think these points might be transferrable to other U.S. Bank cards (flex perks?). I don't have any other U.S. Bank cards so I can't experiment.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:58 pm

Anyone get any letters about our amex fedilty being converted yet? I'm going to keep transferring my bofa points to fedilty amex until they shut is down.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by nuugatman
So I got my card in the mail today and set up online banking. I noticed when I clicked on the rewards tab there is an option to transfer points. This message comes up:

Transfer Points

You can quickly and easily transfer your reward Points from this card to another rewards card issued by your financial institution. Follow these easy steps:

Based on this message I think these points might be transferrable to other U.S. Bank cards (flex perks?). I don't have any other U.S. Bank cards so I can't experiment.
I believe points are transferable between individuals, so if you know anyone who does have a Flex Perks card, you can try transferring a small amount to them.

Could you take a screenshot of the rewards management page, being sure to redact any information you don't want to expose?

Also, could you look through the rewards details you received with the card?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by nuugatman

Transfer Points

Did you apply for the new card or was it sent to you as an update?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
I believe points are transferable between individuals, so if you know anyone who does have a Flex Perks card, you can try transferring a small amount to them.

Could you take a screenshot of the rewards management page, being sure to redact any information you don't want to expose?

Also, could you look through the rewards details you received with the card?
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 3984
Size:  40.3 KB

Here is a screenshot of the rewards tab. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has a Flex Perks account.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
Did you apply for the new card or was it sent to you as an update?
I applied for a new card. I also have the FIA Amex and so far I'm liking the Elan account management website and customer service much better.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by trikotret
Anyone get any letters about our amex fedilty being converted yet? I'm going to keep transferring my bofa points to fedilty amex until they shut is down.
Not I. Since the conversion is supposed to happen July-ish, I don't expect to see a letter until May. Maybe April?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Not I. Since the conversion is supposed to happen July-ish, I don't expect to see a letter until May. Maybe April?
I called both Fidelity and Elan about the rewards program (the latter told me it was distinctly FlexPerks-like), and the reps also indicated that the new cards would be received "in June or July".
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
How do you think they'll handle people who got FIA very recently? Aren't there CARD act issues with changing the card within the first year? I've only had mine since October..
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Is there a deadline to opt out of being converted over to the new card? I like fidelity but I have no reason or desire to be a US Bank customer.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by tangfish
Is there a deadline to opt out of being converted over to the new card? I like fidelity but I have no reason or desire to be a US Bank customer.
You don't opt out of the conversion. You're being converted, there's no option to stay with the FIA-administered card. Your choices are:

(a) get the new card
(b) cancel now, before you get the new card
(c) get the new card, and then cancel it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.