Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Issued by Elan Financial Services. New account bonus, $100 for $1,000 spend within 90 days:

https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-visa-signature
Print Wikipost

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
So apparently if I interpret things correctly, with the issuance of the replacement elan card for the fia amex card, the amex card will function till 16 July then kaput (I think the date is correct. I can't find the letter). Has there been any indication that FIA wants to do something to entice current cardholders to do some business with FIA or is it just sayonara. It seems likely it is the later.
You mean incentives to increase spend? Why would Fido want you to do business with FIA if Fido is ditching FIA /BofA for Elan/US Bank? Given Fido does not even give the same 2% to the existing Visa holders, it seems to me Fido could not care less. It is all Elan's business to try to gain more customers so there are all sorts of sign up bonuses and targeted offers but if you ever owned the FIA card you are not eligible. The drive is to gain new customers, NOTHING is done for existing customers. Classic school of the credit card issuers.

Fido CSRs basically know jack on this. They direct you to call Elan. All I want is the non-usable Elan Visa that converted from an FIA closed almost 9 months ago to fall off my Fido home page but I was told by equally clueless Elan rep that it would only happen 30 to 90 days after conversion completion which she gave me as July 26th.

Does Elan manages all US Banks cards or just the "speciality cards"? I have the Club Carlson card from US Bank. While the CSRs are not steller, they are far better than that Elan rep I counter. The only good thing from the call to Elan was no wait at all.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
All I want is the non-usable Elan Visa that converted from an FIA closed almost 9 months ago to fall off my Fido home page
FYI, you can "Customize" your Fidelity account list to hide credit cards, if that's any help.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
So apparently if I interpret things correctly, with the issuance of the replacement elan card for the fia amex card, the amex card will function till 16 July then kaput (I think the date is correct. I can't find the letter). Has there been any indication that FIA wants to do something to entice current cardholders to do some business with FIA or is it just sayonara. It seems likely it is the later.
The letter I received didn't say, and neither does the FAQ it referenced. I'd like to think the cut-off would be a bit later than the 16th just in case you can't receive and activate the new by then. The FAQ does note that Jul 22 is the end for accessing the FIA Card Services® Rewards Center and for seeing the old card displayed at fidelity.com.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
You mean incentives to increase spend? Why would Fido want you to do business with FIA if Fido is ditching FIA /BofA for Elan/US Bank? Given Fido does not even give the same 2% to the existing Visa holders, it seems to me Fido could not care less. It is all Elan's business to try to gain more customers so there are all sorts of sign up bonuses and targeted offers but if you ever owned the FIA card you are not eligible. The drive is to gain new customers, NOTHING is done for existing customers. Classic school of the credit card issuers.

Fido CSRs basically know jack on this. They direct you to call Elan. All I want is the non-usable Elan Visa that converted from an FIA closed almost 9 months ago to fall off my Fido home page but I was told by equally clueless Elan rep that it would only happen 30 to 90 days after conversion completion which she gave me as July 26th.

Does Elan manages all US Banks cards or just the "speciality cards"? I have the Club Carlson card from US Bank. While the CSRs are not steller, they are far better than that Elan rep I counter. The only good thing from the call to Elan was no wait at all.
I totally get why Fidelity and/or Elan would have no incentive to current cardholders to continue an association with FIA. But FIA might have; but apparently has no intention of doing so. They apparently want a complete break (totally understandable of course).
Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta 1 MM, Platinum. Marriott-Hilton Gold
If Schwab would again come out with their 2% Visa FIA card, I would in heartbeat move my after tax assets in FID to Schwab. I like the Schwab brokerage account including their free world wide ATM fee free and no FTF debit card. My employer uses Elan for the pre tax medical expense account. Their service is not that bad, and is US based.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:22 am

Have any people actually received their replacement Elan card yet? I got the mailer with the change in terms the other day but no card yet.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by dlpong
Have any people actually received their replacement Elan card yet? I got the mailer with the change in terms the other day but no card yet.
Got it sometime last week (I was away but it was buried in the pile of mail waiting for me to return).
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I got mine week before last.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dlpong
Same here - mailer but so far no cards. Figured I'd give it a few more days and then call to see what's up. My daughter got hers a couple of weeks ago.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by upnorth
If Schwab would again come out with their 2% Visa FIA card, I would in heartbeat move my after tax assets in FID to Schwab. I like the Schwab brokerage account including their free world wide ATM fee free and no FTF debit card. My employer uses Elan for the pre tax medical expense account. Their service is not that bad, and is US based.
Given that Schwab recently introduced a 1.5% cash back Amex with a 2.7% FTF, the reintroduction of a 2% cash back Visa is an unlikely prospect.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
So apparently if I interpret things correctly, with the issuance of the replacement elan card for the fia amex card, the amex card will function till 16 July then kaput (I think the date is correct. I can't find the letter).
Correct. I received the replacement Visa card plus letter stating cut-off date for the the old Amex is July 16th.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:18 pm

Received my new Elan-issued Fidelity Visa on 6/22, earning (unfortunately) 1.5% for the first $15k.

I called Elan and asked to be upgraded to the 2% card. The agent said I was eligible for an upgrade, and he did applied the upgrade with immediate effect. Card number did not change or anything. Very easy process.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by missing_link
Received my new Elan-issued Fidelity Visa on 6/22, earning (unfortunately) 1.5% for the first $15k.

I called Elan and asked to be upgraded to the 2% card. The agent said I was eligible for an upgrade, and he did applied the upgrade with immediate effect. Card number did not change or anything. Very easy process.
Did you get your CSR's name? I want to chat with them when my card arrives.

Thanks for the report. Gives me hope.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: Delta 1 MM, Platinum. Marriott-Hilton Gold
This is very interesting. For me they said they would have to issue new cards. Today I received notice of a new card coming and conditions etc of the new card. Anyway I am happy I am getting 2% cash back from the first dollar. I am currently on 2% for until yr end because I already met the $15k limit early this year.

Originally Posted by missing_link

Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Got the mailer yesterday, still no card. Mailer confirms no AF and 1% FTF, but does not indicate the cash back %.

You'd think that, since the current card expires in July, they'd put me toward the beginning of the queue. Apparently not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.