Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Back for 2014: US Bank FlexPerks Olympics Promo ($549+ bonus until 3/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
Medal final results as of 2/23:
9 gold, 7 silver, 12 bronze = 7450 points + 20k guaranteed = 27,450 points

This promotion is similar to a very successful offer during the 2012 Olympics --
See this historic thread: [EXPIRED] U.S. Bank CC with 33,150 FlexPerks [~640 USD] travel sign up bonus, no fee

NOTE: This offer is officially expired. Even though the application page still loads, it is likely that you will only receive the 20k point portion of the offer if you apply now.

The offer expires March 7, 2014, and includes:
Deadline extended - must be approved by March 14, 2014... offer includes:

• Guaranteed 20,000 FlexPerks points after $3500 spend within first four months
  • An additional bonus depending on how many medals USA teams win during the Olympics [Gold = 500, Silver = 250, Bronze = 100; actual total = 7450 points]
  • First purchase must be made by March 31 to be awarded the 7450 point medals bonus
  • For reference, based on results at the last winter Olympics, the total bonus would have been 29,550, worth almost $600
  • $0 fee first year, then $49 subsequent years
  • 3 pts/$ on donations to charity
  • 2 pts/$ for gas, grocery, and airline purchases
  • 1 pt/$ elsewhere

More about bonus earning categories:

2pts/$ in whichever ONE of the following you had your highest spend for the statement month:
  • Grocery stores
  • Gas Stations
  • Airline Travel
And always 2pts/$ for cellphone bill payments

Each point is worth up to 2 cents when redeemed for airline tickets, according to this tiered redemption system:

No partial redemptions are allowed. In other words, a ticket priced at $395 costs 20k points while a ticket priced at $405 costs 30k points. No option to combine points+cash. Each redemption includes a reimbursement for up to $25 of incidentals charged directly by the airline.

For general questions on FlexPerks points, see this long-running thread: U.S. Bank FlexPerks [Master Thread]
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Back for 2014: US Bank FlexPerks Olympics Promo ($549+ bonus until 3/14)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:30 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by naap51
Just wondering if anyone can post image of the offer with the 3/14 end date?
I have a poor quality copy... if no one else has a better copy and you are stuck, I'll post it.

Originally Posted by 1DJonas
Anyway, the terms I have say I have 0% until March next year and the annual fee of $55 not being waived for the first year.
Sounds like you applied for the business version? Usually you'll receive two separate terms documents on a business card from them; one will show the annual fee and one will not. Regardless, they often don't show the annual fee waived in the paperwork anyway.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago

Sounds like you applied for the business version? Usually you'll receive two separate terms documents on a business card from them; one will show the annual fee and one will not. Regardless, they often don't show the annual fee waived in the paperwork anyway.
Yes, it was the business. These terms list the purchase and balance transfer rate, along with the annual fee and how they apply payments and other stuff. I mainly just found it odd about the 0% promotional rate, when the website didn't have it then and doesn't show it now.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by naap51
applied 3/11
approved 3/13

I just received card. CSR indicated no olympic bonus on card and is requesting i fax in written request with proof of bonus offer. I didn't take screenshot of offer/app page when I applied. Lesson learned!

Just wondering if anyone can post image of the offer with the 3/14 end date?
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I have a poor quality copy... if no one else has a better copy and you are stuck, I'll post it.
MDtR-Chicago, could you please post your copy when you have a chance? Many thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:20 am

Statement closed and the annual fee is waived and also the zero interest is in place. Still wonky, but fine by me.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: hiltonGold, marriott Silver National ES,Rapid Rewards
For anyone whos statement has posted, did you get the full bonus? I only got 20K + spend points
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:21 pm

Same here. Apparently on the last promo the Olympic-bonus points took longer to post in some cases.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:44 am

I just got the spend points, no bonus at all.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: All of em...
Ran all the spend through Kiva right away. 1st statement closed and I received 27,050 "Bonus points" and 3,525 "Earned points" (for my spend). Ann fee waived.

I thought the bonus was 27,450? Someone count wrong? Also thought Kiva was a 3x charity bonus category. Regardless, will be used or some good hotel and flight redemptions to save money.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
It still is. You did not get the bonus for the Olympics. You got 3x $3525
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:35 am

The olympic bonus apparently doesn't post til 8 weeks ltaer. We'llsee after my 3rd statements posts...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:42 pm

I would like to request someone...anyone who has one...to post a pic of the offer page for the Olympic Bonus. I met min spend in first month and the olympic points never posted. I called and they said I had no olympic bonus associated with my account and I would need to fax or mail in the offer I applied for. Of course I didn't take a screenshot so please help!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by binnycode
I would like to request someone...anyone who has one...to post a pic of the offer page for the Olympic Bonus. I met min spend in first month and the olympic points never posted. I called and they said I had no olympic bonus associated with my account and I would need to fax or mail in the offer I applied for. Of course I didn't take a screenshot so please help!
Try goolge Image Search.
https://www.google.com/search?q=US+B...w=1618&bih=965
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by s3riously
MDtR-Chicago, could you please post your copy when you have a chance? Many thanks!
Yes plz!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Originally Posted by evanm
For anyone whos statement has posted, did you get the full bonus? I only got 20K + spend points
Same I have not gotten the Olympic bonus yet either.

In my experience US Bank has been VERY slow for bonus postings. I got the Korean Air card last year for 40k. 20k first purchase + 20k after $2500 spend.

I did all spend in 1 week. 20k came with statement and the other 20k came 12 weeks later. Crazy.

I need my bonus flexperks to get my balance up to the magic 30k number. I may just throw some more spend on it in case a $600 fare pops up that I need sooner.

Has anyone gotten the Sochi bonus yet?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:27 pm

So I was approved for this card but my wife ended up getting the white select card, is there anything we can do or is she just screwed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.