Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frank_10b
As reported on Doctor of Credit:

Current best public offer: 50k points after $4000 spend in 90 days, first year annual fee waived -
https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards/offers/flagship-visa-signature.php

Some existing customers are being targeted for 60k offers, either when they log into the NFCU site or via email with the subject "Earn 60K Bonus Points With Flagship".

Points worth 1 cent each. At worst, this is a 2% back card, with bonus categories:

Now earn 3X the points on all travel purchases, including:
  • Airline and Train Tickets
  • Ride-Sharing Services
  • Public Transit
  • Hotel Stays
  • Tolls
  • Car Rentals
  • Parking
Plus, continue to earn 2X points on everything else.

1-15-22 link says current offer is only 30K pts for 3K spend in 90 days. 1.99% interest for 6 mo for BT.

You must be able to qualify for membership in the Credit Union. Most people qualify as military service members or veterans, DoD civilians, or via family members.
https://www.navyfederal.org/membersh...e-a-member.php

Print Wikipost

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by Pencegeri
For those interested in manufacturing spend that are Navy Fed members, or eligible family members, there is a good opportunity.
Anything that has already been on this thread (GC, Buxx)? Feel free to drop a hint or PM!
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Anything that has already been on this thread (GC, Buxx)? Feel free to drop a hint or PM!
False alarm sorry. I see that GC's have already been talked about in here. I just found them today (had no interest in this thread,) i looked up Navy Federal Gift Card as a whole and had no results. I remembered seeing this thread so I figured I would post in here but had not looked through it thoroughly.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:10 pm

The process to activate the Navy Federal Gift Cards and set the pin is annoying (you must keep track of activation codes in your email) but I love that they are free and shipping is free. Reminiscent of Chase before they discontinued gift cards.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:45 am

Anyone have hands-on experience with whether you get points for loading their Buxx card with an NFCU credit card?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I just became a NFCU member. Now what should I do with it?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by doss1
I just became a NFCU member. Now what should I do with it?
One thing they are famous for on the credit forums is that they tend to be very generous with people who have less than perfect credit. Take a look at some of the threads on Myfico.com or creditboards.com and you will see threads about NFCU and relatively huge credit limits on their cards for people with FICOs below 700. Their cards have not been anything special in the past until they started the bonus offers like what this thread is about. So if you need additional credit, apply for something and you will likely be approved. If you don't need credit, then maybe wait for another round of bonus offers on the credit cards.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:26 am

Buxx

Just a follow-up. I purchased a NFCU Visa Buxx card for one of my kids, used my NFCU CC, and got points for it.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:07 am

I'm guessing everyone else is still waiting for the 60k bonus points to post?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:21 am

Still waiting. Does anyone know if the points can be converted to a travel credit/reimbursement or do you have to specifically book through their site?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Still waiting. Does anyone know if the points can be converted to a travel credit/reimbursement or do you have to specifically book through their site?
I read through the program, it says you can book (I assume with any airline or 3rd party site) and then call to apply points.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:13 am

Earlier reports indicated that you need to wait until the full three months have passed to get the sign-up bonus. I'm a week or so past that so I sent them a message asking about the bonus.

The reply I got was that it takes up to EIGHT WEEKS AFTER the 90 day period for the bonus points to post. Ask again in mid-March. Sheesh. After I get the bonus I will send NFCU a note regarding their ridiculously slow service.

They did confirm I signed up under the bonus promo, so I guess that's something.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
This is crazy long to wait for bonus points... Worst I've seen
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by alik99
This is crazy long to wait for bonus points... Worst I've seen
Indeed. BOA's AS posts the bonus after just being approved.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:45 am

My Fourth Statement closed yesterday on this card, and the 60k points posted. Hope all can sleep easy now. I was certainly relieved to see them post!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by jimmicka
My Fourth Statement closed yesterday on this card, and the 60k points posted. Hope all can sleep easy now. I was certainly relieved to see them post!
My bonus posted as well - two days after my Feb statement closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.