Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frank_10b
As reported on Doctor of Credit:

Current best public offer: 50k points after $4000 spend in 90 days, first year annual fee waived -
https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards/offers/flagship-visa-signature.php

Some existing customers are being targeted for 60k offers, either when they log into the NFCU site or via email with the subject "Earn 60K Bonus Points With Flagship".

Points worth 1 cent each. At worst, this is a 2% back card, with bonus categories:

Now earn 3X the points on all travel purchases, including:
  • Airline and Train Tickets
  • Ride-Sharing Services
  • Public Transit
  • Hotel Stays
  • Tolls
  • Car Rentals
  • Parking
Plus, continue to earn 2X points on everything else.

1-15-22 link says current offer is only 30K pts for 3K spend in 90 days. 1.99% interest for 6 mo for BT.

You must be able to qualify for membership in the Credit Union. Most people qualify as military service members or veterans, DoD civilians, or via family members.
https://www.navyfederal.org/membersh...e-a-member.php

Print Wikipost

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:47 am

About debit cards?

Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
Yes another debit card is a pain.
Only if you don't store it immediately in your safe deposit box along with the other cards you have but don't use...

I've been a member of NFCU since the late 70s -- very good credit union.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:22 pm

Been with NFCU for over 20 years, but looking at the landing page it says "For a round trip ticket." Does this mean one way tickets are excluded, or a I just thinking too hard?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:28 am

Go back and read this thread, you'll find the answer there.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Navy Federal Credit Union - 60K Flagship Rewards

Courtesy to apuraja:

https://www.navyfederal.org/products....php?intcmp=hp

There are threads here on FT as well as much more details on fatwallet finance forums

You can also join one of the following organizations to be eligible:

http://www.navy.com/joining.html
http://www.goarmy.com/learn.html
https://www.marines.com/request-information
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by tjguitar85
Go back and read this thread, you'll find the answer there.
Just re-read it and still do not see anything pertaining to my question, unless I'm overlooking something?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
Just re-read it and still do not see anything pertaining to my question, unless I'm overlooking something?

Post #19. You can redeem as statement credit or partial statement credit against anything coded as airfare.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:15 pm

From FW:
Post #19. You can redeem as statement credit or partial statement credit against anything coded as airfare.
Theres nothing in those posts that say anything about anything codes as airfare, so that's probably why I didn't see anything. But, back to my original question-- they do not differentiate between a one way ticket and a RT?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:38 pm

Can you only redeem for airfare? What about hotels or a cruise? It says "travel related" but all the examples and info lists airline tickets.

My wife's father was in the Navy and my grandfather was in WWII, but my grandfather is passed and I doubt my wife's father is receiving an annuity, he was in the navy 30+ years ago. Am I or my wife still eligible?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
Been with NFCU for over 20 years, but looking at the landing page it says "For a round trip ticket." Does this mean one way tickets are excluded, or a I just thinking too hard?
It looks like you can redeem for all or a portion of your airline ticket, but I don't see whether 1way or RT is there. I'm guessing it doesn't matter.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:35 pm

applied yesterday, approved! not too shabby. Final day today, FYI!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:14 am

Did anyone get hit with an AF on this card all of a sudden? I signed up a month ago (no statements posted yet), and have put just shy of 3k on it already. Today, the AF showed up on my account.

I called in, and the rep said the AF would get refunded at the same time that the 60k points post. This seems like a strange way of doing things, especially since it would leave the account with a $50 credit (assuming no spending after the first statement).
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by gofarhaveacigar
Did anyone get hit with an AF on this card all of a sudden? I signed up a month ago (no statements posted yet), and have put just shy of 3k on it already. Today, the AF showed up on my account.

I called in, and the rep said the AF would get refunded at the same time that the 60k points post. This seems like a strange way of doing things, especially since it would leave the account with a $50 credit (assuming no spending after the first statement).
I got $49 AF posted on my account today too, will see if they credit back when i get the bill.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Anyone else see you can order VGC from NFCU using a NFCU credit card? no fees....interesting.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by explorer84
Anyone else see you can order VGC from NFCU using a NFCU credit card? no fees....interesting.
I doubt you will get points for it, but you might as well try.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:05 pm

AF hit for me too on 10/31 and already cleared.. Did a then came here. I will call tomorrow. Hopefully I get the same answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.