Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frank_10b
As reported on Doctor of Credit:

Current best public offer: 50k points after $4000 spend in 90 days, first year annual fee waived -
https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards/offers/flagship-visa-signature.php

Some existing customers are being targeted for 60k offers, either when they log into the NFCU site or via email with the subject "Earn 60K Bonus Points With Flagship".

Points worth 1 cent each. At worst, this is a 2% back card, with bonus categories:

Now earn 3X the points on all travel purchases, including:
  • Airline and Train Tickets
  • Ride-Sharing Services
  • Public Transit
  • Hotel Stays
  • Tolls
  • Car Rentals
  • Parking
Plus, continue to earn 2X points on everything else.

1-15-22 link says current offer is only 30K pts for 3K spend in 90 days. 1.99% interest for 6 mo for BT.

You must be able to qualify for membership in the Credit Union. Most people qualify as military service members or veterans, DoD civilians, or via family members.
https://www.navyfederal.org/membersh...e-a-member.php

Print Wikipost

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:15 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
The links also state that only active or retired military are eligible, but that's not exactly true either, some federal contractors are eligible as well (that's how I qualified).
There have also been quite a few posts lately about being able to join by telephone if you have close relatives who are veterans and you can provide details about their service, even if they are not members of the CU themselves.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Just got approved for $25k. I swear NFCU is bonkers with their limits.
808traveler likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
deleted

Last edited by EasternTraveler; Mar 7, 2019 at 5:08 am Reason: wrong author quoted
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
There have also been quite a few posts lately about being able to join by telephone if you have close relatives who are veterans and you can provide details about their service, even if they are not members of the CU themselves.
Do not believe this! My son works for NFCU in the underwriting department. They would have had to lie to make that happen. The rules are clear, you must current or past member of a branch of the military or the dependent of a current member of the credit union. If they find out that you lied, you are not only shut down, you are blackballed in their never forget database. This is not speculation, I have this on excellent authority from a decision maker.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Do not believe this! My son works for NFCU in the underwriting department. They would have had to lie to make that happen. The rules are clear, you must current or past member of a branch of the military or the dependent of a current member of the credit union. If they find out that you lied, you are not only shut down, you are blackballed in their never forget database. This is not speculation, I have this on excellent authority from a decision maker.
I didn't lie about my affiliation (as a federal contractor), but I wasn't asked to produce proof of anything. I opened the checking and saving accounts online within a week of starting my assignment, so I'm not sure if I showed up on some eligibility database or what, but that was it.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:10 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
The rules are clear, you must current or past member of a branch of the military or the dependent of a current member of the credit union.
From the NFCU's page "Are You Eligible to Join Navy Federal? Let’s Find Out!" - in the section "All in the Family" near the bottom:
If you have an immediate family member who has joined or one who’s eligible to join, you can become a Navy Federal member. Immediate family members include grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members. Household members are defined as those who share your address and pay a major utility bill.

In the application process, family and household members are referred to as "sponsors" (the person through whom you're eligible for membership).
I was referring to the actual method of proving that. Apparently people were having difficulty conveying who their "sponsor" is if the person is not already a member. It seems that the phone reps can do this if the online app cannot. But it is allowed.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I said it because they are closing accounts that do MS. You can take your chances, but they are tightening up.
any data points for them closing cards that do MS. I got a NFCU card lately...want to do some MS on it. thanks in advance!
Old May 13, 2019, 11:36 am

What's your guess on how long it will be until the rewards bonus goes back up to 60k instead of the present 40k? Does the bonus amount cycle throughout the year? thanks
Old Sep 1, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Free Amazon Prime for Flagship credit card holders.

Not sure if this targeted, just received an email from Navy FCU offering 1 free year of Amazon Prime.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:37 am

from wiki:
Current best public offer: 50k points after $4000 spend in 90 days, first year annual fee waived -
https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-ca...-signature.php

I don't see any sign up bonus available for that card when I click the link.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thehoodedidiot
Any way around opening an account? I qualify for membership - I just don't want two seperate hard pulls - 1 of which is for a savings account I would rather not have. I just want their card :P
Originally Posted by ddallas
Not that I know of. They hard pull the heck out of you. Usually TU and EQ. There are lots of Navy threads on myfico and creditboards about membership and applying and hard pulls.
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
(old post, but this thread has been revived, so I thought I'd add a semi-recent datapoint)

I opened a checking and a savings account earlier this year (February) [2018], and I didn't get any hard pulls on any bureaus.
As an NFCU member since 1977 when I was a Midshipman at Annapolis, I know for a fact that $5 in an NFCU savings account is an absolute requirement for joining NFCU, and that last $5 may not be withdrawn without closing all accounts. That $5-minimum in savings is the very definition of NFCU membership.

In other words, one cannot sign up solely for the $49 annual fee Flagship Rewards Visa without that $5 in savings.

Originally Posted by iowa guy
from wiki:

https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-ca...signature.html

I don't see any sign up bonus available for that card when I click the link.
I am an old-school shopper, so Amazon Prime holds no interest to me. I closed my Flagship Rewards Visa years ago when they reduced the rebate from 2% to 1.5% on one-year notice, but I still couldn't take advantage of it and lost credits.

My son just opened up a no-annual-fee NFCU CashRewards Visa that gives 1.5% back every month, similar to the Chase Freedom Unlimited. Currently NFCU offers a $150 bonus cash back when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of account opening. There is also a ​​​​0% balance transfer offered by NFCU for one year.

https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-ca...h-rewards.html
Old Feb 3, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Just received an offer for the NFCU cashRewards card. No annual fee, 2% cash back on all purchases for the first 4 years (after that, 1.5% cash back), 0% APR on all purchases and balance transfers for the first year, no foreign transaction fees. Tempting but....
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:40 am

Anyone tried churning this? Had it and downgraded to a no fee card a year or so ago. Wondering if I can open another one in the same NFCU account.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post # 161)
My son just opened up a no-annual-fee NFCU CashRewards Visa that gives 1.5% back every month, similar to the Chase Freedom Unlimited. Currently NFCU offers a $150 bonus cash back when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of account opening. There is also a ​​​​0% balance transfer offered by NFCU for one year.

https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-ca...h-rewards.html
The prior offer from the beginning of February 2021 has since been improved to a $150 bonus cash back for spending only $1,000 in 90 days, but reduced to a ​​​​0% balance transfer offer for only six months.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:55 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
The prior offer from the beginning of February 2021 has since been improved to a $150 bonus cash back for spending only $1,000 in 90 days, but reduced to a ​​​​0% balance transfer offer for only six months.
is there still 0 transfer fee tho?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.