Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Does the 5x bonus line show up for each transaction after it posts or just on the statement? I got the card a month ago and they confirmed over the phone 5x for first 6 months but nothing shows up below my posted transactions that indicates a bonus.
Base points and bonus 4x points (total 5x points) show separately in each line few days after the transaction is posted. WF is ridiculously slow on updating transactions/payments. You can check rewards points by clicking on Wells Fargo rewards on the left side and then on the next page click activity (in the top, move the mouse onto one of the tabs to "activity") to see processing points. Points from the current statement won't be posted as available until after the statement closes. I redeemed points from last stmnt to a personal cheque and current points are not posted yet.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929
Base points and bonus 4x points (total 5x points) show separately in each line few days after the transaction is posted. WF is ridiculously slow on updating transactions/payments. You can check rewards points by clicking on Wells Fargo rewards on the left side and then on the next page click activity (in the top, move the mouse onto one of the tabs to "activity") to see processing points. Points from the current statement won't be posted as available until after the statement closes. I redeemed points from last stmnt to a personal cheque and current points are not posted yet.
Cool thanks. It doesn't show it on the main page but I went to the rewards site and it does show it.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:00 am

WF 5X shutdown

A warning for MSers. I just had my WF checking, savings, and 5X CC accounts closed. My data points: MSed (all 5x categories) 1X my CL the first billing statment, nearly 4x my CL the second, 13+ my CL the third, and about 9 times my CL midway through my fourth billing cycle.

Anyone else been shut down? If so, what was your volume (feel free to PM if you prefer).
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by I can see for miles
A warning for MSers. I just had my WF checking, savings, and 5X CC accounts closed. My data points: MSed (all 5x categories) 1X my CL the first billing statment, nearly 4x my CL the second, 13+ my CL the third, and about 9 times my CL midway through my fourth billing cycle.

Anyone else been shut down? If so, what was your volume (feel free to PM if you prefer).
I hope you at least got some of the rewards (not sure if you have cash or points) out!
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:18 am

I cashed out after each statement posting and will litigate in small claims court, if necessary, to receive the balance from the final statement.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:29 am

Just to get an idea of absolute numbers. What (approx if you like) was the CL?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:06 pm

my CL is 8k. I spent 10k in first month. redeemed the points immediately after posting. currently in 2nd stmnt and already spent 13k. Was planning to do more, but based on above posting, I will slow down. No more MS this month. I was hoping to cash this cow to the max.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929
my CL is 8k. I spent 10k in first month. redeemed the points immediately after posting. currently in 2nd stmnt and already spent 13k. Was planning to do more, but based on above posting, I will slow down. No more MS this month. I was hoping to cash this cow to the max.
I don't have the card, but the person did 13x his CL. That is really pushing it and I'm sure somebody took notice.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 6:45 am

Would it be fair to say that the activities you were doing in your checking & savings accounts that enabled you to roll your CL 13+ times could have gotten your checking/savings accounts shut down even if you didn't have the credit card?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Barry2013
Would it be fair to say that the activities you were doing in your checking & savings accounts that enabled you to roll your CL 13+ times could have gotten your checking/savings accounts shut down even if you didn't have the credit card?
That is what I suspect. I really dislike WF as a bank -- WF is a pain to deal with, and did anyone see the LA Times investigative story on WF's overbearing sales tactics and the pressure it applies and threats it makes against its employees? -- so there's a part of me that doesn't mind interacting less with WF.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:54 pm
jk2

I have a $1K CL with them as well and maximum I spent during the billing cycle was $1.5K-$2K. I decided not to push very hard to avoid shutdown. Still good (going to fourth month).
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: A few
That is what I suspect. I really dislike WF as a bank -- WF is a pain to deal with, and did anyone see the LA Times investigative story on WF's overbearing sales tactics and the pressure it applies and threats it makes against its employees? -- so there's a part of me that doesn't mind interacting less with WF.
100% agree. Actually WF is one of the most arrogant institutions I can think of, and this is coming from someone who's had a cynical view at some of the worst out there. F***ing over WF is definitely a fair sport.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 7:25 pm

^
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
100% agree. Actually WF is one of the most arrogant institutions I can think of, and this is coming from someone who's had a cynical view at some of the worst out there. F***ing over WF is definitely a fair sport.
I encourage everyone to F--- away.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
I have a $1K CL with them as well and maximum I spent during the billing cycle was $1.5K-$2K. I decided not to push very hard to avoid shutdown. Still good (going to fourth month).
What is the point to not go hard, what are you risking? Your max profit is $84.99 per month at $2k.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 5:16 pm

I'm into my 4th month and finally went over CL for first time. Planning on just doing 2x and then maybe 3x for 5th month. Then go nuts for last statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.