Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:35 am

I got approved with $8K after opening checking account the same day. Second $500 charge I had to call in and verify the purchases i've made, no problem after that. Never do more than $1000. 2-3 transactions a week until i hit my limit for the billing cycle.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:18 am

Can you pay interim payments and it free up some available credit? or are you waiting for the bill to hit and then paying in full? I wouldn't want a balance to report though so I'd want to pay early.

What's everyone's experience with this? thanks all!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by rymetymeuk
Can you pay interim payments and it free up some available credit? or are you waiting for the bill to hit and then paying in full? I wouldn't want a balance to report though so I'd want to pay early.

What's everyone's experience with this? thanks all!
I run it up and then pay 2 payments before statement posts. Quirky WFC though so YMMV
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:54 am

thanks for the info newbynewbynew, I'll do the same then since you've had success with that.

should get my card today or tomorrow, so will post my results too. appreciate the info.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:44 pm

I don't need this card yet, but in anticipation for the day that I do, I went and opened a WF checking & savings account last week and the branch manager pushed me hard to get the 5% card. I saw it written somewhere that there was a max points/year so I asked and she said there was not a max cap, but that they are sometimes slow about getting you the card and your 6-mo period might end up being 5 months. FWIW....
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:12 am

Made my first $500 VR CVS purchase today without issue. I plan on doing another one on Monday which I expect to have to call in for.

took 10 days to get my card, just a fyi.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by thewire76
I don't need this card yet, but in anticipation for the day that I do, I went and opened a WF checking & savings account last week and the branch manager pushed me hard to get the 5% card. I saw it written somewhere that there was a max points/year so I asked and she said there was not a max cap, but that they are sometimes slow about getting you the card and your 6-mo period might end up being 5 months. FWIW....

Before I got the physical card and activate, my first card statement has been closed with $0 balance
Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:45 pm

if credit line is small, you can go to any WF branch to pre-pay your WF visa card, therefore you can spend more at CVS
Old Nov 15, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Just ordered my Wells Fargo CC with EMV. Been trying to get it since this morning but just now got a rep who knew about it (hopefully) Will report back about it when I get it...
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:51 pm

I opened a WF checking accnt 2 wks ago with a balance of $2k and then applied for 5x card 3 days after. Was approved for the card with a CL of $2k. Met the limit within two days and had a discussion with the fraud alert dept. Told them this will be my spending pattern and will spend another $2k in next two days (I already sent the payments thru BB). Complained that CL is very low on this card compared to my BofA and Chase cards. She obliged and said she will review. Got a letter yesterday with a increased limit of $8k. Now it will be easier to meet the max 24k in spending soon. Plan to meet the 24k in months.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:13 pm

hey, what do you mean about the max spend of 24k? is this not the cashback card, as I have the cashback and I was under the impression it was unlimited earning of cashback.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:38 am

I remember seeing reports that during the first 3 months WF doesn't charge a monthly fee for their checking account if you keep less than $1,500 in it. Can anybody confirm it? I want to "establish" a relationship with them but don't want to fork over $1,500 just yet.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by KoolFatKat
I remember seeing reports that during the first 3 months WF doesn't charge a monthly fee for their checking account if you keep less than $1,500 in it. Can anybody confirm it? I want to "establish" a relationship with them but don't want to fork over $1,500 just yet.
That was stated in fine print when I opened my account.

You also don't need to keep $1,500 in it. It is $1,500 or $500 in direct deposit for the basic account.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
Well well,

I just got a targeted email this morning from Wells Fargo. I don't have this card yet, because I hated the no bonus... but...

"Earn 10,000 rewards points when you spend $1,000 in net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) within the first 3 months.1

Earn 5X rewards points for every dollar spent on gas, grocery, and drugstore net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) for the first 6 months.3 "

it does come with a reservation code: xxxxxxxxxx to apply for it.

I've had a savings and checking with WF with decent money for like 4 years... just sitting there

mow I might apply.

1K spent = 15000 points

so doing $3600 per mo. for 6 mo. I could end up with ~ 120000 point cap...
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:59 pm

I purchased my 2nd $500 VR from CVS today without issue, no fraud warning yet and have spent just over $1000 in about a week. I expect to buy another on Sunday and at that time will expect the call

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.