Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:12 pm

I got this other offer

Dear Luchex,

When you use your Wells Fargo Credit Card this holiday season, your gatherings with family and friends will be more rewarding. You will earn bonus rewards points for every $1 you spend whenever you dine out or make your grocery net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits).

Just enroll today to earn:
5x rewards points on restaurant net purchases
5x rewards points on grocery net purchases

This offer is for a limited time only, now through
December 31, 2013.2

Just click below and enter promotion code
XXXXXXXXXXXX to enroll your credit card ending in 1234.

But then , in small tiny text says:

2This promotional period runs from November 1, 2013, or your registration date, whichever is later, through December 31, 2013. Maximum bonus rewards point value accumulation during the promotional period is $20 for restaurant and grocery purchases, which equates to $400 in qualifying net purchases.

These WF always so cheap in their miserable offers
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by luchex
I got this other offer

Dear Luchex,

When you use your Wells Fargo Credit Card this holiday season, your gatherings with family and friends will be more rewarding. You will earn bonus rewards points for every $1 you spend whenever you dine out or make your grocery net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits).

Just enroll today to earn:
5x rewards points on restaurant net purchases
5x rewards points on grocery net purchases

This offer is for a limited time only, now through
December 31, 2013.2

Just click below and enter promotion code
XXXXXXXXXXXX to enroll your credit card ending in 1234.

But then , in small tiny text says:

2This promotional period runs from November 1, 2013, or your registration date, whichever is later, through December 31, 2013. Maximum bonus rewards point value accumulation during the promotional period is $20 for restaurant and grocery purchases, which equates to $400 in qualifying net purchases.

These WF always so cheap in their miserable offers
Did this offer come via e-mail or paper?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
WF just hit me with "excess activity fee of $15" on my savings account that I recently opened in order to better manage my rewards!? Any suggestions on how to reverse this?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Neidman
Go to the Wells Fargo home page and open your credit card account page.
On the left side you will see "Show My Rewards." Click that.
Now on the left side you will see "Rewards Summary" It will say "To redeem your rewards and shop at our Earn More Mall® site, visit Wells Fargo Rewards." Click on Wells Fargo Rewards.
This takes you to the Rewards page. At the top of the page under "My Rewards" click "Activity".
This takes you to a page where you will see every transaction, how many points you earned AND how many bonus points you earned.
My bonus points show up right away, but you can't use them until the next statement.
Thank you for posting this. Helpful info! My husband recently got the card with 5% and we haven't had issues, yet. I always make sure prior transaction posts to account before buying something else. Will report if we have fraud issues or other problems!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
WF just hit me with "excess activity fee of $15" on my savings account that I recently opened in order to better manage my rewards!? Any suggestions on how to reverse this?
I'v never heard of that fee. What's that all about? My money pretty much stays put in my WF savings account, but do they have restrictions on the number of activities in that account each month becuase it's a savings account? If so, maybe a checking account would be better.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:43 am

you probably made too many withdrawals in a month, i've called them before and asked them to waive it. sometimes it works, but not all the time.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:43 am

Have we reached a consensus on whether or not there is a cap on the 5X bonus on Wells Fargo rewards card?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
You likely exceeded the number of withdrawals or transfers in a month. See link below.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/single_fa...e_activity_fee

Give them a call and ask forgiveness, tell them you love them and will behave going forward, blah blah, etc. It usually works the first time.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Blackshag
Thank you for posting this. Helpful info! My husband recently got the card with 5% and we haven't had issues, yet. I always make sure prior transaction posts to account before buying something else. Will report if we have fraud issues or other problems!
Yes, great help to check before the stmnt closes.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:58 pm

So I just called the CS to check on max. cap on 5x rewards. The lady confirmed that there is a 6 month limit for 5x purchases in drugstores (which I knew when I signed up). I asked for the cap on rewards, she said there is none. I asked her to check with her supervisor and (after a moment) she said she checked and there is no limit on bonus. I don't trust her (initially she said there is no time limit either for 5x bonus). Anyone can confirm? I will call back, but this call took forever to get hold of one.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929
So I just called the CS to check on max. cap on 5x rewards. The lady confirmed that there is a 6 month limit for 5x purchases in drugstores (which I knew when I signed up). I asked for the cap on rewards, she said there is none. I asked her to check with her supervisor and (after a moment) she said she checked and there is no limit on bonus. I don't trust her (initially she said there is no time limit either for 5x bonus). Anyone can confirm? I will call back, but this call took forever to get hold of one.

Divide and conquer is key
I'm currently trying to track down the availability of a WF EMV chip card which I am trying to get my hands on.
Also begging them to clear payments faster

Last edited by rgAAFT; Nov 21, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by RJ5929
I got the cashback card several months ago. Can confirm there were no limits throughout my first 6 months.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by stealph
I got the cashback card several months ago. Can confirm there were no limits throughout my first 6 months.
How much did you run through? Fraud alerts? Other problems? Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:36 am

Fraud alerts are nearly a daily occurance for me. They do not like to see repetitive charges--nor large charges despite what your credit limit is. I spent 35 minutes on the phone with fraud this morning, as there were numerous holds placed on my account. It took all that time for a senior fraud detection representative to clear up my account. He even stayed on the phone with me when I went back into the store, but the charge was denied again. It took four attempts, and the store clerk was not pleased, until WF could straighten out my account. I'm giving it a break for a week.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Sent you a PM. I had a total of 3 fraud alerts over the 6 months.

Last edited by stealph; Nov 22, 2013 at 9:39 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.