Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Again a little off topic but officially on topic
I can officially say I got a Wells Fargo EMV chip card in the mail today!! Also, it has paywave contactless chip also installed for those who are interested. Mine is a visa platinum so don't listen to unknowing CARs who say it is not openly available or that visa signature is required.. I will try and post visual proof when I figure out how
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by rymetymeuk
This is not correct. I have the 5% cashback card and so far have spent $2500 in 3 weeks on it for VR, and have made payments via BB to it and the credit line was freed up. You don't have to wait 2 weeks from the pmt date, not sure why you thought that.
My experience is similar. My CL is $10k. Most of my spend (90%+) is MS through CVS on VR. The majority of time I pay via BB with the remainder of any charges paid through my checking account's bill pay. When paying through BB, I get an immediate reduction in the balance owed but the available credit often takes around 3 business days to reflect the payment. When paying through my checking account, it usually takes around 5-7 business days for my available credit to reflect the payment.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:19 pm

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Who does WF use for credit checks? Experian? Equifax? TU?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:00 am

depends on where you live but mostly Experian
Old Nov 30, 2013, 6:53 pm

WELLS Fargo is the cheapest and worst credit card issuer out there
I went to our favorite pharmacy to buy medicine for my points addiction
Anyway
my wells Fargo card had a notoriously low credit limit of 2k, as many have suggested I pre paid and pre authorized to account for the large purchase
They told me everything would go through smoothly
Anyway I go to check out and my card kept declining
Called wells Fargo gave them so much personal info in a public place I might add
Anyways
In the end after 30 minutes and multiple attempts as well me looking like a complete ... in front the cashier and several customers, the transaction still did not go through
I used Chase in the end for 5k and it went through in 10 seconds..
Not only did Wells Fargo not honor my authorization request but they had the balls to tell me that I am lucky I did not get shut down becuse as they put it "you cannot pre pay your card in order to make up for your small CL":
Anyone have similar frustrations with Wells Fargo credit cards? Share your story.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:15 am

This is not correct. I have the 5% cashback card and so far have spent $2500 in 3 weeks on it for VR, and have made payments via BB to it and the credit line was freed up. You don't have to wait 2 weeks from the pmt date, not sure why you thought that.
My first statement period the payments posted and credited immediately. With the second statement they have left my credit line in limbo while they "verify account ownership" which may take 30 days.

If I wanted to cycle the line fast I'd open a WF checking account.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
WELLS Fargo is the cheapest and worst credit card issuer out there
I went to our favorite pharmacy to buy medicine for my points addiction
Anyway
my wells Fargo card had a notoriously low credit limit of 2k, as many have suggested I pre paid and pre authorized to account for the large purchase
They told me everything would go through smoothly
Anyway I go to check out and my card kept declining
Called wells Fargo gave them so much personal info in a public place I might add
Anyways
In the end after 30 minutes and multiple attempts as well me looking like a complete ... in front the cashier and several customers, the transaction still did not go through
I used Chase in the end for 5k and it went through in 10 seconds..
Not only did Wells Fargo not honor my authorization request but they had the balls to tell me that I am lucky I did not get shut down becuse as they put it "you cannot pre pay your card in order to make up for your small CL":
Anyone have similar frustrations with Wells Fargo credit cards? Share your story.
Outside of a few early declines, Wells Fargo has been very good to me. As others have mentioned, open up a checking account. Even a small credit line shouldn't be that big of a deal with a checking account, since transfers clear immediately. Maybe you can't buy 5k at a time, but that is an unnecessary red flag in my opinion anyway.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:02 pm

My experience so far is that I have done about $4500 so far in a month and no issues whatsoever. I've done a couple of individual $500 VR purchases and some $1000, no fraud alert or calls to verify transaction.
I've had a cc with WF since 2008 that I use very rarely, and had checking and mortgage but now bank with Chase and have mortgage with Chase.
Not sure if I'm just being lucky or what, I'll post when I get the fraud alerting issues.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:31 pm

My experience so far is that I have done about $4500 so far in a month and no issues whatsoever. I've done a couple of individual $500 VR purchases and some $1000, no fraud alert or calls to verify transaction.
I've had a cc with WF since 2008 that I use very rarely, and had checking and mortgage but now bank with Chase and have mortgage with Chase.
Not sure if I'm just being lucky or what, I'll post when I get the fraud alerting issues.
Which CVS do you go to?
Reason I ask is because I live in Plano and the CVS at hedgekox and Custer always has excellent supply of VR
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I feel all of you that are suffering through the small credit lines, I have a $2k line. WF keeps refusing to raise the credit line on my first credit card, a college cash back card, even though it's since been converted to regular cash back card years ago. They refuse to consider my present income, instead continuing to use my college income from years ago which was a twentieth of what it is now.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
I feel all of you that are suffering through the small credit lines, I have a $2k line. WF keeps refusing to raise the credit line on my first credit card, a college cash back card, even though it's since been converted to regular cash back card years ago. They refuse to consider my present income, instead continuing to use my college income from years ago which was a twentieth of what it is now.

Call them and. complain
When I first got approval for the card a month ago, I felt that 2k limit was too small , tried 2 different times to get credit raised to no avail . However ,after the incident on Saturday , after I got out of the store I called Wells and was immediately approved for a CLI up to 7k!
All this assuming that you have good credit
I think in my case they just wanted to see what I wanted to do with a large CL,and after seeing that a small one was really a problem,had no issues raising it
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
A second question is, why the heck are you using Wells Fargo for daily expenses,or are you?
I use a combo of chase cards and love it .CLs on those are through the roof! I only use WF for VR after 6 months it's going in my shoe box.. The only reason I might even consider using it for anything other than the bonus is because I travel a lot and the WF card is the only card in my collection that is an actual EMV chip and pin as opposed to chip and signature like what's found on chase and citi cards. Other than that my go to card will always be chase SP for international travel
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:52 am

Which CVS do you go to?
Reason I ask is because I live in Plano and the CVS at hedgekox and Custer always has excellent supply of VR

It varies depending on who has them tbh! I work in Plano so go to the CVS off Preston and Tennyson, but also go to the one off Preston and Rolater. I rarely find a lack of the VR which is good.

I'm slowly ramping up my WF spending on VR's, i'll do another couple of thousand this week and will see if that triggers a fraud alert. Just sent a BB pmt to clear the balance.

How long does it take for the rewards to show up? is it 2 cycles?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:16 am

It varies depending on who has them tbh! I work in Plano so go to the CVS off Preston and Tennyson, but also go to the one off Preston and Rolater. I rarely find a lack of the VR which is good.

I'm slowly ramping up my WF spending on VR's, i'll do another couple of thousand this week and will see if that triggers a fraud alert. Just sent a BB pmt to clear the balance.

How long does it take for the rewards to show up? is it 2 cycles?
Trying to figure that myself? My first ever statement showed 0 rewards balance the morning I retrieved it, called CS they said 1-2 bill cycles ,I said I did not like that and hung up .That night I logged into my account and the points were there and usable.
Don't know exactly if the points would have posted on theie own or whatever my call to CS just sped up the process???
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:40 am

Trying to figure that myself? My first ever statement showed 0 rewards balance the morning I retrieved it, called CS they said 1-2 bill cycles ,I said I did not like that and hung up .That night I logged into my account and the points were there and usable.
Don't know exactly if the points would have posted on theie own or whatever my call to CS just sped up the process???
No idea, I don't really want to call them and them see I'm spending almost exclusively at CVS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.