Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by punjabi2
Man, looks like excel sheet will have lots of columns, but so many great ideas here.

Paincorp, that is a very good suggestion. May be carry only 1-2 cards at a time so we have some idea about spending requirements.
I usually carry 3, but I had brought this one specifically to make this "purchase." I knew the others each had a bit on them, so at that point my choices were:
a) use 100% of spend towards a far off AA goal or
b) use 80%-100% of spend towards a short term HA goal

I chose the safe route, which was smart, but the gamble would have paid off in this case. I keep my cards ordered on the left side of my wallet depending on the time left to complete spend. First one needs spend completed first, etc. I only chose my last one (AA) because Hilton points aren't worth much anymore, so I didn't want to risk missing AA to get worthless Hilton points.

Granted I will find ways to meet spending, but I want to accelerate as little spending as possible.

I've had a couple big purchases today/yesterday (new washer, two different airline bookings, and this $500 car repair) so I wasn't as up to date on my amounts as I normally am.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:06 am
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Great ideas here. One thing I have done to keep my spreadsheet accessible on-the-go is use Google Drive / Docs for the spreadsheet -- this way I can access it any time from my iPhone via the Google Drive app and it is always synchronized to the cloud.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:51 am

That's what I was thinking

Originally Posted by c2d
Great ideas here. One thing I have done to keep my spreadsheet accessible on-the-go is use Google Drive / Docs for the spreadsheet -- this way I can access it any time from my iPhone via the Google Drive app and it is always synchronized to the cloud.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by c2d
I do this too, but I end up just doing it at the end of the day. Granted because I do this I could have looked it up, but I just wanted to get my car and get out of there after all the delays and the wrong parts they had ordered.

<rant>It's still missing pieces and has some incorrect pieces on it after 2 weeks!</rant>
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:20 pm

I know, sometimes we just want to do some things, and then in our haste we make mistakes. That is what life is...
Old Feb 23, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: aa
I did 13 apps yesterday and got approved for 11 but yours is more impressive.I have over 30 inquiries on experian but only 3 transunion about 20 drops by april but i am considered a churner by the banks.I will take a big break until august before the banks ban me lol.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:48 pm
Suspended

2nd AoR

So I'm finishing up the spend for my first AoR in the next month or so, and I'm bored, so I'm starting to plan out my next one already. Knowing it's a few months out, and bonuses may change, here's what I already have, and what I'm thinking of adding. All these numbers are in their original programs, with notes on where I'm going to transfer them.

United: 55,000 (UA MP Explorer)
Chase UR: 45,000 (CSP, Transfer to UA)
AA: 52,500 (AA Citi Visa Signature)
US Air: 40,000 (World Premiere, hopefully becoming AA miles)
Virgin America: 20,000
Hawaiian: 35,000 (BoH Visa Signature, probably to Hilton for 70,000)
Hilton: 100,000 (Amex Hilton, Citi HHonors Gold)

I'm trying to avoid touching BoA and Amex. I'm willing to consider Amex if the bonus is right, since I can just move CL around.

Here's what I'm considering:
Chase SWA Premiere: 50,000 (Cancel UA MP Explorer and move CL over, depending on date)
  • $2,000 in 3 months
Amex SPG: 30,000 (Cancel Blue Sky and transfer credit over)
  • $3,000 in 3 months
Chase Hyatt: 2 Free nights (Split CL probably)
  • $1,000 in 3 months
OR
Chase Priority Club: 80,000
  • $1,000 in 3 months

Maybe AA Citi Gold (30k), Hilton Citi Visa Signature (50k) (see note below)?

Side note:
I already applied for the Citi Hilton Visa Signature, but got approved for a Gold card, which I cannot find any information about anywhere, even the lady on the phone couldn't find it. I'm wondering if I reapply for the Visa Signature would it be considered a new product, even though I applied for it originally? I just don't want to throw any flags up if I move credit from one HHonors card to another.

I have enough Airline miles for the international trip I'm planning, what I really need are hotel points. I know Hilton just went under a huge devaluation, but I'm not too worried, I'll make it work, and Hilton cards tend to have a low spending requirement, so for me, the value is still there when just done with sign on bonuses.

This would bring me to spending $6,000 in 3 months, which looking at it now is really high for my spending. I'm still a ways away from actually being able to plan the trip to I know what I need.

Last edited by PainCorp; Feb 24, 2013 at 1:05 pm
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:50 pm
Suspended

caGALINDO, c2d, just posted my next small churn if you guys wanna take a look.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Wrong thread.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, Emirates, BA, Virgin Atlantic, US Airways
Preparing for a churn after a 7 month hiatus

I am preparing for a credit card churn after a pretty long break. I had some credit card balances I was carrying and just now got all of them down to a minimum.

I pulled my Experian score and it is 770+, Equifax and Transunion are 780+

I am thinking of going for

1) The Virgin Atlantic Offer
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...credit-card.go

Strategy is to transfer to HHonors - I have very few HHonors points but want to build them up - do you guys think it's a good strategy to still go about building HHonors points after the major devaluation?

2) Hilton HHonors™ Card Amex

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/creditamex.do

40K points

$750 spend

3) Chase Ink Plus - already a Chase Ink Bold card holder but going to try the Ink Plus

5 K in 3 months

50K Ultimate Rewards points

4) Chase Freedom

Mainly for the extra points and quarterly spending categories plus I recently opened a chase checking account so hoping that this provides me with some additional chase perks.

$500 in 3 months

I really wish I could do more cards but it's the spending limits - I don't think I can put more than about 2K per month - which is about 6K - most of which is pretty much taken up by the Chase cards.

Any other ideas of cards with really low or no spending limit to get bonuses that may be a good fit?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:07 am
Suspended

Per Mods, these threads are supposed to be in the Credit Card forum, MilesBuzz is for specific credit card offers.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:43 am

If you're going to get the HHonors Amex, use the 50k offer link
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:21 am
c2d

Originally Posted by PainCorp
<rant>It's still missing pieces and has some incorrect pieces on it after 2 weeks!</rant>
<rant>I totally believe it. Right now my wife's car is in the body shop, it's been 1 month as of yesterday, still not done. They are blaming couple of missing parts waiting on the dealer. Pretty frustrating. Anyway such is life. At least no one got hurt in that accident</rant>
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
How about the 50K Amex PR Gold offer? The Amex MR can be transferred to some hotel & airline programs. http://www.creditcards.com/ to see if it's available to you. I had the card & canceled last April so I'll have to wait 2 more months. Sadly, the offer may be gone by then. But I bet it will reappear sometime.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:24 am
c2d

Originally Posted by PainCorp
caGALINDO, c2d, just posted my next small churn if you guys wanna take a look.
Thanks PainCorp, would like to take a look -- could you post a link?

Nevermind -- found it.

Last edited by c2d; Feb 24, 2013 at 9:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.